Diablo on an HTPC

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
starkserenity Posted: Sun, Apr 29 2012 8:13 PM

Last year I put together a low power HTPC running a Asus AMD Zacate E35M1-M PRO Motherboard with integrated Readeon 6310 HD graphics controller, 4 gigs of RAM., a Antec EarthWatts EA-380D Green, and an ssd. It's currently running windows 8 consumer preview and does alright as it goes. It's a little annoyingly slow at times but works well for what I use it for most of the time.

Now I haven't done any PC gaming in a decade or so but now that Diablo 3 and Torchlight 2 are coming out soon I was thinking of at least giving it a shot and maybe catching up on some other games I've wanted to play like Starcraft 2.  I don't need to play with the very best graphics as I've been fine with console level graphics for a while, but I wouldn't mind the game looking decent and I certainly want it to be playable in a non-frustrating manner.

So  I was wondering should I:  

1. Play it on my HTPC as it is

2. Buy a decent low profile graphics card to add to my box and maybe a new power supply if needed. If so what should I get without breaking the bank?

3. Give up on that and build or buy a gaming PC instead.

What would you do in this situation?

Thanks.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,911
Points 24,625
digitaldd replied on Tue, May 1 2012 10:16 AM

I don't know how well it will run Diablo 3 but if Torchlight 2 has a netbook mode like the original did then it will run pretty well on your system, it will bog down  in areas with lots of enemies, just like the first one did.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS