Dropbox Ups The Storage Giveaway Quantity For Friend Invites

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,801
Points 1,212,875
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Wed, Apr 4 2012 12:09 PM
Dropbox is taking things up a notch. For years now, the easy-to-use file sharing service has been on top of the world, riding high, roping in new users and charging a substantial amount of money for any additional storage beyond 2GB. But now, with Google Drive potentially looming, Dropbox is cutting loose with the promotions. Starting this week, every user that invites a friend (who then joins) will see an extra 500MB of free storage. And, that friend will get it as well. If you’ve got a free account, you can invite up to 32 people for a whopping total of 16 GB of extra space. Pro accounts now earn 1 GB per referral, for a total of 32 GB of extra space. Have you already invited a bunch of people? Don’t worry. Within a few days, you’ll get full credit for every referral that’s already been completed.

Let the cloud wars commence!
  • | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,777
Points 105,190
MembershipAdministrator

16GB of storage? WOW!

That's like the flash drives I use in my cameras,.........

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

BTW for those who still don't know the Ref'Around project :

http://www.refaround.com/dropbox

15 dropbox referees in less than 10 days, and still counting!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 843
Points 9,155

It is pretty crazy @realneil. I actually snagged a box (not dropbox) account when they had their 50gb promotion for Andoird. 50gb! I love box and dropbox because I have them installed on every device, one of the easiest ways to share files imo.

Now you're just mashing it!

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS