iBUYPOWER Erebus GT Gaming System Review

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,492
Points 1,196,595
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Thu, Mar 29 2012 10:10 AM

iBUYPOWER Erebus GT Gaming System ReviewWith the Erebus GT, iBUYPOWER set out to make a slightly smaller and less expensive line of systems to complement its Erebus custom gaming series, which is now renamed the Erebus XL series. There are actually three Erebus GTs in the new line, with configurations based on the AMD FX platform starting as low as $899, but the one iBUYPOWER sent us to test is an overclocked Intel Sandy Bridge-based version, Radeon HD 7970 graphics that costs $2499 (as configured).

Yes, that’s a lot of moola, but as you’ll see, you get a lot of bang for those bucks...

iBUYPOWER Erebus GT Gaming System Review

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,865
Points 29,645

It looks like iBuyPower put out a very solid system. I love the custom water cooling loop that they put into that thing.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 10
IgnitexX replied on Tue, Jun 12 2012 6:41 PM

Anyone interested in Ibuypower stay far away. They have the worst customer service. My brother purchased a fairly high-end gaming PC ($1500-ish) from iBuyPower with a Gigabyte motherboard. When he got it the on-board lan stopped working. It was in warranty, but they didn't offer to replace the motherboard. They did offer to send a lan card to plug into a slot, which he did. BIG MISTAKE. He should have pressed them for new motherboard immediately.

Couple months later the DVD-RW drive died. They sent a new one.

2 weeks after the 1-year warranty expired, the PC blue-screened and stopped being able to boot. It is obviously a hardware problem, and pretty clearly the motherboard. They agree with this.

They are no longer under any obligation to pay for a replacement part. All the same, he asked them to because the PC had the history of problems. They refused.

Of course, they are within their rights to refuse, but a GOOD company would recognize that the previous motherboard problem indicated he had been sold a faulty product, and they would stand behind what they sell.

My brother of course will not be buying from Ibuypower again.

I needed a computer shortly after he purchased his, and since he was having problems with his since he first received it, I opted not to buy from Ibuypower. So after looking for where to get a good gaming computer, I found out about Ironside Computers. Their prices are pretty good, and I couldn't find a negative feedback against them. So I decided to buy from them, and I'm happy I did. The computer arrived great, and it's been working flawlessly since the day I got it. Overall, it was a much better experience then what my brother went through with Ibuypower.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS