Skype Rolls Out New Features With Version 5.8 for Windows

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,090
Points 1,183,335
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Feb 3 2012 3:41 PM
Windows-based Skype users have reason to be enthused with the unveiling of version 5.8. New features include full HD video calls, Facebook audio and video calling, push to talk functionality, and group screen sharing.

Assuming you have a capable webcam such as the Logitech C920 (so suggests the blog announcement), users can now make video calls in HD. Though still in beta, the Facebook calling feature should appeal to a wide range of users; it enables you to make audio or video calls to your Facebook friends, even if they aren’t Skype users. The new push to talk feature is designed for (nay, requested by) gamers who want to be able to use a hotkey to switch the mic on and off while Skyping.

The group screen share, available only with Skype Premium, is function primarily aimed at business users who need to be able to show multiple parties a documents, slide presentation, Excel sheet, and so on. Of course, it’s also a nice feature for family and friends to share photos and the like.

Below is the complete list of new features, and below that is a list of all the issues version 5.8 should fix.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 447
Points 5,270

I'm way more interested in Skype mobile. It saved my ass in Europe. I went there thinking I have international calling. Then trying to find my uncle in Heathrow airport quickly turned into a nightmare once I realized I didn't (I know, I know, I hadn't planned very well). But I remembered he'd used skype before to call my PC before. Went to a book store with wifi, downloaded the skype app on my iPhone, called, and he actually picked up and found me.

tl;dr: I like Skype

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,622
Points 103,875
MembershipAdministrator

That was some quick thinking on your part.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 161
Points 1,390

with the coming of our first grand kid I want to put it on our computers so we can watch him play.

Asus M4A79T deluxe,AMD Athlon II X4 620,PNY GTX285 1gb,Patriot Viper DDR3 1333 8gb,Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro,Diamond ATI TV Wonder HD 650 Comb,Plextor DVD-CD burner,Patriot PS-100 SSD 32gb ,WD 500gb 32mg,Antec Twelve Hundred Full Tower,Antec True Power Quattro 1000watts,Toshiba 40in 1080p for a monitor

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 495
Points 4,825

Skype is advancing fast :) they have some pending adjustments but with time they will get better like eveyone :)

nice idea detnight sounds like a promo video from Verizon but make sure you'll have fast internet so your grandson don't call dad or mom thinking you are dead when the video just froze lol

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS