45: HotHardware's Two and A Half Geeks Webcast - Feb. 2, 2012

This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,877
Points 1,116,495
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Thu, Feb 2 2012 9:28 AM

44: HotHardware's Two and A Half Geeks Webcast - Jan. 19, 2012In this latest episode of HotHardware's Two and Half Geeks, Marco, Iyaz and Dave discuss the Asus Transformer Prime Android 4.0 “Ice Cream Sandwich” update, AMD's A8-3870K Black Edition unlocked Llano APU, Dell's Alienware X51 small form factor gaming PC, the brand new AMD Radeon HD 7950 and details our most recent contest where three lucky winners can score some great PC gaming gear from Gigabyte!

Show Notes:
00:58 - Asus Transformer Prime Ice Cream Sandwich Update
06:17 - AMD A8-3870K Unlocked Llano Quad-Core APU Review
10:45 - Dell Alienware X51, SFF PC Gaming Refined
16:50 - AMD Radeon HD 7950 Tahiti Pro DirectX 11 GPU Review
20:48 - HotHardware and Gigabyte New Year's Giveaway

• | Post Points: 80
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,864
Points 29,610

Very nice episode as always :) Iyaz sure was in a great mood today.

I have to say that ASUS Transformer Prime with ICS on it is sweet. I got to mess around with my fathers shortly after it was updated and I am thoroughly impressed.

Keplar will be coming out soon and I am sure that AMD will need to drop their prices on those 7970 and 7950 products to compete at that point. Nvidia has outright said they were disappointed with their competition.

Go HotHardware!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 495
Points 4,825

All in one. Very detailed reviews, and your thoughts like always very helpful , and informative.that was a fun webcast, good highlights.

Hey marco if i were you i won't talk about amd lol when you got a nvidia poster behind you :) hehehhee but yea you are a geek so your comments are always welcome :) please don't drink alcohol infront of the camera next time hehehehe

Thanks you dave, marco ,and Iyaz for the discussions,keep more webcast coming!!!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 292
Points 3,055
Aoshi replied on Thu, Feb 2 2012 2:24 PM

I'm really excited about the 7970. Looks to be a very powerful card for being a single gpu. Benchmarks aren't as good as some of the others but I hear it is a lot more quiet and runs cooler.

Very nice episode as always!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 843
Points 9,155

Good webcast guys!! No complaining....great motto! I'm a huge fan of the prime and I'm really considering picking one up when my laptop dies. I'm also a fan of Llano, it's a great processor for the price. Very cool that they released an unlocked version. I don't like Alienware and I'm not really moved by the new smaller form factor. I'd rather have an internal psu with a little larger case instead of the external power brick.

My gtx580 cried a little, not much, when the amd got released.

I'm really behind on the current contest, looks like a great prize!!! Keep em coming!

Now you're just mashing it!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,436
Points 102,165
MembershipAdministrator

Good show guys,.................I really like that 7950 card. There are already several flavors of them out now and with many options to choose from.

I'll wait a while and try to get one or two of them.

Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.

(Mark Twain)

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,071
Points 10,850
CDeeter replied on Thu, Feb 2 2012 5:36 PM

Iyaz was killin today! lol taking a bicycle, putting cards in the spokes, and calling it a motorcycle....ROFL! Just part of the show...Priceless!

Alienware 51 = Xbox on steriods. Are you paying attention Microsoft?

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,120
Points 12,925

Enjoyed it, I never miss an episode.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 495
Points 4,825

@ Realneil you better wait for kepler instead :) which will have a better performance and about the same price :)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,436
Points 102,165
MembershipAdministrator

cowboyspace:
@ Realneil you better wait for kepler instead :) which will have a better performance and about the same price :)

I'll eventually buy Kepler too. (for the Intel boxes)

But I'm ~really wanting~ two of these 7950 Radeon Cards for crossfire on my Sapphire 990FX Black Mainboard. I'm trying to work out ways to get it done now.

Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.

(Mark Twain)

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 754
Points 8,520
LBowen replied on Fri, Feb 3 2012 5:05 PM

Finally had a chance to sit and watch.  Thanks for the recaps and I had the same thought as many others on the Alienware system, I was doing a double take thinking I was reading about the "XBOX 720".

The 7000 Series for the AMD Radeons are ridiculous.  OOoo I'll take a cookie :)

"I have the power!!"

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS