OWC's Aura Pro Express 6G 480GB SSD Seriously Amps Up Your MacBook Air

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,792
Points 1,163,030
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Sat, Jan 28 2012 1:50 AM
There's nothing quite like an SSD to really hammer home the "high performance" feeling in a new notebook. Apple's been cramming SSDs into MacBook Air machines for some time now, but Other World Computing believes in pushing the envelope. The company's Mercury Aura Pro Express 6G 480GB SSD offers up to 3x faster performance and 8x more storage capacity for the MacBook Air, and for those who are already running low on local storage, this is a huge boon.

The 480GB beast will work in the latest 11.1" and 13.3" MacBook Air models, incorporating 6Gb/sec data rate capabilities and Tier 1/Grade A Toggle Synchronous NAND to deliver data rates up to 3x faster than factory 3G (3Gb/s) options and up to 8x the storage capacity of the factory's base 64GB SSD model. oining two previously released Mercury Aura Pro Express 6G capacity models-120GB and 240GB-the new 6Gb/s SATA Revision 3.0 480GB model continues OWC's position as the only alternative to factory SSD options for the MacBook Air models. 3G speed Mercury SSDs from OWC are also available in capacities up to 480GB. OWC offers an easy online guide to assist consumers in selecting the correct Mercury Aura Pro Express SSD for any of Apple's MacBook Air models from 2008 to current.

Compatible with current 11.1" and 13.3" MacBook Air models, the Mercury Aura Pro Express 6G 480GB model has a MSRP of $1,149.00 and is available from OWC. All Mercury Aura Pro Express 6G models include 7 percent over provisioning, Toggle Synchronous NAND, and a three-year warranty. Nope, not even close to cheap (in fact, this drive may be more than your MBA!), but what else would you expect for NAND this fast and this sizable?
  • | Post Points: 80
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 495
Points 4,825

well, you get what you pay for (most of the time lol) " incorporating 6Gb/sec data rate capabilities and Tier 1/Grade A Toggle Synchronous NAND to deliver data rates up to 3x faster than factory 3G (3Gb/s) options and up to 8x the storage capacity of the factory's base 64GB SSD model. "

that is a crazy ssd :)

hey rich guys macBook fans here its what you were waiting for *_*

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 272
Points 2,170
karanm replied on Sat, Jan 28 2012 9:06 AM

And every Apple fanboys bankaccount just got lower by $1150.

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 78
Points 720

No big deal, they're used to it!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 495
Points 4,825

Do you think a fan cares about price? i don't think so lol + yea its 1,150 lower in your bank account but if you think of this------the fun you will have and be an owner of a macbook just makes you proud, almost all my spanish friends think that apple is the best because they only hear that everywhere.Now can you imagine if you tell them that you have one! lol

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 272
Points 2,170
karanm replied on Sun, Jan 29 2012 3:00 AM

I know no fanboy cares about the price, they just have to have it because its Apple. Realistically you don't need that SSD in the macbook air, that thing flies with the regular SSD that it comes with. This space is cool and thats what will distinguish a power user from every other fanboy who just wants bragging rights. Also i dont buy anything to show off to other people, I spend my money so that I can enjoy the product.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 427
Points 3,290
LLeCompte replied on Sun, Jan 29 2012 2:51 PM

Wow, would really beef up the macbook air a bunch. Make it super awesome.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,571
Points 103,110
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Sun, Jan 29 2012 8:52 PM

Wish I had four of them in my PC.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

Will this 480GB mSATA SSD work in the Asus Zenbook??

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS