Toshiba Thrive 7 Tablet Review, Android Honeycomb On the 7-Inch Screen

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,722
Points 1,208,955
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Thu, Dec 29 2011 10:36 AM
We called the 10-inch Toshiba Thrive the "Swiss Army Knife" of tablets when it first arrived, with its copious amounts of connectivity options and full-sized ports.  It's a large-than-most tablet but the sort of device that differentiates itself in a crowd of too similar designs.  

The second coming of the Thrive, the Toshiba Thrive 7 that we're going to take a look at today, however, has to squeeze features and functionality into a decidedly smaller form factor.  Though Toshiba once again does there level best here, to offer as much openess to connectivity as they can in this smaller version of the Thrive.  We'd almost call this version the "Thrive Mini."  At the internal component level, the Thrive 7 shares a lot of similarities with the original 10-inch Thrive, it's just packed into a petite frame with a slightly trimmed down price tag of $379.

Toshiba Thrive 7 Review - Honeycomb at 7 Inches
  • | Post Points: 65
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 619
Points 5,260

Good review. Didnt know they were even coming out with a seven inch tablet. Seven seems too small to me and ten a tad too large. Id love to see more 8-9 inch tablets, hopefully something with a quad.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,929
Points 24,760
digitaldd replied on Fri, Dec 30 2011 9:23 AM

I wish i could get one without cameras. Almost perfect. Geeked

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 105
JZitting replied on Mon, Jan 23 2012 2:29 PM

This Thrive 7 looks to be an alright tablet altogether. i like the extra HDMI, and USB capabilities. although i would feel alot better about the Thrive 7 if the camera was a bit bigger than just two MegaPixels. mabe at least five on the front webcam would be nice, so when you do facetime, the faces arent all blurry.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

This tablet looks ok and probably a pretty good all-around tablet but i still don't think it's going to be better than the samsung galaxy 7.0 plus. Toshiba just doesn't make the most quality tablets and they are always kinda bulky in my opinion with more options than my laptop. People want tablets to be super portable and to do a few things well. I just feel that Toshiba has a few things backwards and i recommend taking a look at some good android tablet reviews at www.tabletcritique.com

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 25

If you need a WIFI tablet that you can take along almost amywhere, you will probably want a 7" tablet. Among those, the most useful currently on the market is the Toshiba Thrive 7.

Setup: Flawless and easy.

Price: Although this tablet costs roughly double that of the Kindle Fire (for example), its higher price is more than justified. Very sharp high res screen; fast; lots and lots of potential storage memory; Android Honeycomb 3.2 operating system; full access to the Android marketplace.

Email and other applications: Fast.

Aesthetics: Your choice--do you favor the Thrive 7's rugged body with a sure grip or a competitor's shiny body that may slip from your hands and break? Shiny and broken is bad.

Power connector: Overlook the fact that the Thrive 7's connector is large, dumb, and proprietary. No product is perfect.

Battery charge longevity: Excellent.

Screen size: Once you accept the fact that a 7" tablet is a compromise compared to a 10" tablet, remember that 7" can go almost anywhere. My wife can put her Thrive 7 into all her pocketbooks. Try that with a 10" tablet.

Camera: Very sharp and accurate, although there is a noticeable shutter lag.

CONCLUSION: The Toshiba Thrive 7 is pretty much as advertised; at a reasonable price; with no real competition yet.

My advice, if you're will buy the Toshiba Thrive 7, I suggest you have to compare prices before you decide at: Prices-comparison.info/Toshiba-Thrive-7

Hope this review helpful.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS