Android 4.0.3 Releasing To Devs, Nexus S Getting Ice Cream Sandwich

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,805
Points 1,164,560
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Dec 16 2011 7:03 PM
Great news for Android lovers: more new flavors are available. But only if you have the right cone, as it were. The GSM / UMTS version of the Nexus S will begin seeing Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) hit starting today, and rolling out across the board during the next few months. The Sprint version of the device, using a CDMA / WiMAX radio, isn't included in the opening round. Hackers have already discovered a way to inject Android 4.0.3 onto any Nexus S, but as always, we'd advise you to wait for the real-deal if you value your sanity. v4.0.3 is also going out to developers, with a new of enhancements and bug fixes to boot. The company plans to make that build the one to shop to partners going forward, and it should hit phones and tablets at large "in the coming months."

• | Post Points: 65
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 501
Points 4,625
AKnudson replied on Sat, Dec 17 2011 12:44 AM

I have been waiting for ice cream sandwich to launch. Does this mean it has also launched on the transformer prime?

The best qualities of mobile and tablet software really come together with the new ice cream sandwich. the best part is that there is now a virtual bridge between the two, compatibility has skyrocketed.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 10

I cannot wait til my HTC Sensation 4G and Xoom gets it!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 427
Points 3,290
LLeCompte replied on Sat, Dec 17 2011 11:37 AM

Google has done a awesome job with ICS so far. If you change the screen density on the galaxy nexus, it turns it into a tablet. So ICS on the phones and tablets are the same thing. They also have been updating and fixing bugs pretty often, considering ICS only really came out 2 months ago. I cant to get my hands on a galaxy nexus, but im happy the Nexus S is getting it finally.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 70
Points 560
DDeveaux replied on Sat, Dec 17 2011 3:30 PM

Combining the phone & tablet OS was definitely a smart move.  I'm also liking how often updates are rolling out for Ice Cream Sandwich, and i hope they continue.  Definitely makes me appreciate the Nexus line more when I see this.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 35
aj34 replied on Sat, Dec 17 2011 4:07 PM

Nice to see google getting updates out quickly and making ICS the best release ever!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS