Dell Expands 3G WWAN Options On Latitude Notebook Line

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,820
Points 1,166,765
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Wed, Dec 14 2011 12:51 AM
When it comes to laptops, Dell's probably got a model to fit just about any need. And now, the company has an option for T-Mobile USA users who just can't be disconnected for any length of time. The outfit has just added T-Mobile 3G connectivity to the Latitude line of laptops. People have had the option to get mobile broadband from AT&T, Verizon and Sprint, and with the addition of T-Mobile people have more options when they need to remain connected wherever they go .Starting today, customers now can order embedded mobile broadband from T-Mobile for the first time on the LatitudeE6220, E6320, and E6420.

With embedded Gobi 3000 technology from Qualcomm, Dell Latitude laptops can connect to mobile broadband networks worldwide, making it easier than ever to stay connected from more places. Customers using these laptops on T-Mobile USA’s mobile broadband network can enjoy blazing-fast data speeds for video conferencing, HD video streaming and easily send and receive large files and images on the go.

In addition to the robust wireless options, Dell’s Latitude systems are specifically designed to ensure users stay productive while mobile. The systems are built to last and stand up to travel with a hard-wearing MIL-STD 810G tested Tri-Metal design, a highly durable anodized brushed aluminum display back, strong, magnesium, alloy-wrapped corners and a tough powder-coated magnesium base. This business-rugged durability carries through, inside and out, with a spill-resistant keyboard, a protective LCD seal and a 360-degree LCD bumper for added screen protection that can outlast the bumps and spills of everyday work. Mobile workers can also enjoy outstanding productivity while in flight or in low-light settings with the optional backlit keyboard, long-living battery options and hot optical external media modules.
  • | Post Points: 65
Not Ranked
Posts 75
Points 600
ajm135 replied on Wed, Dec 14 2011 1:12 AM

Wow that thing sounds amazing. I like the connectivity it offers since its on a GSM network which would allow alot of out of country traveling. I wonder what the data packages cost though?

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 501
Points 4,625
AKnudson replied on Wed, Dec 14 2011 3:05 PM

I am with AJ but what would be fun is if they came a couple of options for diversity, lets say you can turn it on for a day for a couple of bucks or a week instead pf a full month. Also that looks like dell is putting their foot firmly down on their monopoly of business men/women.

i have always liked dell they really represent a no nonsense straightforward "it works" company.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 501
Points 4,625
AKnudson replied on Wed, Dec 14 2011 3:10 PM

I heard from one of the articles here that AT&T and T-mobile might merge it would be interesting to see how an incoporated T-Mobile would handel their contracts.

Also it is a great thing for users because of the extended or increased service coverage. i don't have alot of experience with T-Mobile but i know AT&T is sketchy sometimes.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,372
Points 80,290

nice looking lappys. Sounds like dell has the right idea in making a portable laptop rugged enough to survive an on the go life style many of these types of lappys will live. 

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."

Z77 GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER

GIGABYTE GTX670

G.Skill Ripjaws X 16gb PC2133

Antec P280

Corsair H100

Asus Blu-ray burner

Seasonic X650 PSU

Patriot Pyro 128gb SSD

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS