iBUYPOWER Offering Sub-$1,000 Liquid-Cooled System Through December 31

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,687
Points 1,206,950
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Thu, Dec 1 2011 2:13 PM
Call it a holiday promotion if you will: iBUYPOWER announced that it’s selling its new Gamer Paladin HS11 system for “under $1,000”, which, you guessed it, is code for $999. Still, that’s a liquid-cooled (albeit entry-level) system you’d be getting, so it’s an interesting deal. The offer is on the table through the end of 2011.

The Gamer Paladin HS11 features an Intel Core i5 2500K (3.3GHz) processor which is cooled by a maintenance-free 120mm system. Housed in a mid-tower NZXT Source 210 case, other core components include an NVIDIA GTX 570 1.2GB graphics card, 8GB of DDR3-1600 RAM (from a manufacturer of your choice, it appears), a Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 motherboard, and a 1TB hard drive.

It also sports a 12-in-1 media reader, 24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW optical drive, a 6-Port internal USB hub with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, and an 800W Corsair PSU.

You can change any aspect of the above configuration when you’re customizing your order, though.
  • | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Thu, Dec 1 2011 2:46 PM

Hmmm... Interesting; I wonder if iBUYPOWER pulled tons of strings in order to get the parts for this real cheap... A less likely theory would be that they have tons of parts left over that they need to get rid of but hey, a deal is a deal right.

It's tempting but I've already upgraded my computer to the point of having most of the same components as the PC shown, well except for the liquid cooling, the GTX 570 and the liquid cooled case of course.

"The future starts with you; now start posting more!"

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,865
Points 29,645

Really cool... I would consider this but I really like getting my hands dirty and enjoy building my PC's from parts. The feeling of parts arriving to the home is amazing and then the machine takes shape and comes alive :).

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 438
Points 3,405

not a bad deal for people who dont enjoy giving life to their own systems. i agree draco, there is nothing like that first boot.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 20
JHylton replied on Thu, Dec 1 2011 9:42 PM

In all, this is a very good deal. Although I do not own a liquid cooled system, people I know swear by them. The i5 2500K is a good processor, a killer graphics card, speedy RAM and a 1 TB hard drive all tied to a sweet motherboard. And just to sweeten it up a bit more, all that is housed in a sweet case. Bottom line, you will be hard pressed to find a similar system near this price. Keep up the awesome work, iBUYPOWER!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS