HotHardware Holiday Gift Guide: Smartphones

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,783
Points 1,162,610
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, Nov 28 2011 12:36 PM
We hope everyone is able to spend the holidays with the people that mean the most to them, but we also recognize that sometimes it's impossible to get everyone together. When you can't be there in person, a phone call may be the next best thing. With these smartphones, you'll be able to call your far-away siblings, parents, and other important people in your life to wish them Happy Holidays, perhaps even with direct video chat for quality face time.

HotHardware Holiday Gift Guide: Smartphones
  • | Post Points: 155
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,120
Points 12,940

"Got a chance to play around with the Samsung Galaxy S II, it's fast, the screen is vibrant and takes nice video and pics. loved it. Plus, the video playback quality is oustanding "

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Mon, Nov 28 2011 2:25 PM

There are some phone choices that I can agree with but it's a shame that your placing these phones on the gift guide without really reviewing them. I mean the HTC phones look great, so does that Samsung but we want to know what HotHardware thinks of it.

Speaking of which, wheres that review for the Droid RAZR?

"The future starts with you; now start posting more!"

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 989
Points 14,245
Manduh replied on Mon, Nov 28 2011 7:25 PM

Another great gift guide for anyone wanting to upgrade their phones this Christmas! I know a few people who will be interested in this :)

PCAudioLabs Rok Box MC 7xs - Intel Core i7-2600K - Cooling: PCAL Quiet Operation - Gigabyte Z68 Motherboard - 16GB DDR3-1333 - AMD Radeon HD 5450 - Power Supply: 600 Watts - SRT Drive: Intel 311 SSD (20GB) - Primary Drive: 500GB, 7200RPM, 16MB cache - Audio Drive: 1TB, 7200RPM, 32MB cache - Sample Drive: 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB cache - OS: Windows 7 Professional x64

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,865
Points 29,645

Love these gift guides hopefully my friends appreciate posting them for their viewing pleasure :)

I am definitely looking forward to the review of ICS and the Nexus when they become available although I am not due for an upgrade for a while still.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 35

http://www.dolcegabbana-wholesale.com

Dolce Gabbana high-top shoes

D&G women sandals

&G women's sneakers

Dolce Gabbana boots

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 843
Points 9,155

Thanks for the list Jennifer, definitely lots of great options out right now. I actually picked up the Rezound the first day it came out. I love it, the razr and the galaxy nexus are large phones, i need/want something i can pocket comfortably. There were a few reasons I picked up the Rezound: screen(awesome!), extended battery option, sense 3.5, upgradable to ics, and the beats headphones.

A lot of other sites are rating them as razr>rezound>galaxy nexus but for me the rezound beats the nexus, The galaxy nexus doesn't have anything besides a few extra features that I probably won't use. I don't see myself using google wallet or the touch to share info features. I'm old school, give me a call and I'll save your number!

Now you're just mashing it!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 220
Points 2,745
gazd1 replied on Fri, Dec 2 2011 10:39 AM

Good to see this review! Good to be informed!Yes

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 134
Points 1,960
Resin replied on Thu, Dec 8 2011 12:05 PM

My phone is ridiculously old and dumb as a brick, so I've been thinking of upgrading.

I would like to be as budget conscious as possible, but at the same time not get annoyed with poor connection, browsing speed, or short battery life.

I think contract length and company might be as important as the device itself. I'm currently with ATT and was just reading an article about how they are the lowest ranked in customer satisfaction two years running (sounds about right with my experience of them).

This article was some what helpful, although for me its hard to know how to put a $ value to all the different features and figure out what I actually care about.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 519
Points 4,805

I just picked up an EVO 3D for $50 during the sale that ended Friday. Gotta say, thing is nice. I threw on the Infected Eternity ROM after a couple of days and performance skyrocketed. Plus the Beats Audio is nice.

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 35
SCJaredJ replied on Mon, Dec 12 2011 3:59 PM

No wifi calling on the SGSII for TMO is a major buzz kill. Not as bad as no GSM Nexus Prime available in the states, but still something to consider.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS