Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch Review

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,923
Points 1,118,110
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Thu, Nov 3 2011 11:51 AM

Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch ReviewNot too long ago, we took an in-depth, hands-on look at the unlocked version of the Samsung Galaxy S II smartphone. At the time, the phone wasn't available in the US, so we weren't able to show you a hands-on video of a US version of the phone. Now, however, the Samsung Galaxy S II is available through Sprint, AT&T, and T-Mobile. All of the phones have a similar look and feel, though there are a few differentiating points among the models.

We've been testing the Sprint version of the Samsung Galaxy S II, otherwise known as the Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch for a couple weeks now, and we like what we see. In fact, we'd go as far as saying this is one of the best smartphones we've seen in the US this year...

Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch Review

• | Post Points: 95
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,120
Points 12,925

"I really like this phone, and the video aspect of this review really helped me want it more, pretty snappy. I see the improvement from going to 2.3.4 from 2.3 over the regular SII even though the none epic has a 1.5ghz cpu, so imagine what improvements Ice Cream Sandwich will bring. Great review."

Is it a Typo At the conclusion 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,735
Points 40,310

ya the epic is suppose to be 1.2, T-mobiles is 1.5 and the new att skyrocket version. Makes me want that but no LTE in my area as of yet. Why is it that this beats the normal s2?

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 17
Points 270
ForumsAdministrator

Optimus - Yes, the Epic 4G Touch has a 1.2GHz processor. I made the correction. Sorry about that!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,120
Points 12,925

"Dont worry,keep on doing a great job."  

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,796
Points 45,500
rapid1 replied on Tue, Nov 15 2011 9:10 PM

Ready for today's grain of salt? We just got handed imagery and specs of a possible HTC device in the works codenamed the Zeta. It's a quad-core handset, much like the Edge that was leaked last week, but it has a much faster 2.5GHz APQ8064 CPU along with 1GB of RAM running the show, on a 4.5-inch 720p HD display.

Machine name: rapid1
 Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) 
 System Model: Gigabyte X58A-UD5
 Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU         930  @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
 Memory: Kingston 6144MB RAM
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
tnnx replied on Thu, Nov 24 2011 3:10 PM

It is the best smartphone! I got mine for just $0.01 at http://bit.ly/spdMCX Penny-Pincher Promo. Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :)

Btw, you should check out Samsung Galaxy vs iPhone 4S droptest on youtube. Guess which phone got shattered! =)

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Points 75
gwguruman replied on Thu, Dec 1 2011 10:44 PM

My friend has a Sprint version of this phone. It's nice. I wish Verizon offered this.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

Do you Any of u guys know if it works in Saskatchewan, Canada

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Points 25
GLugo replied on Wed, Apr 4 2012 10:49 AM

Long story short, this is the best Android phone there is. You can make arguments that it has rivals, but there is no phone better. This phone is half a year old, and there still hasn't been an Android phone released that clearly tops it. It's that good. Even the phones scheduled for release this holiday season are only expected to be "on par" with it, and not truly surpass it by great measures. If you have any doubts about this phone, get rid of them. This is as good as it gets at the moment.

Feel- Extremely light with a comfortable form factor. 4.52 inches of screen real estate is a little difficult to get used to, but I don't think it's so big that it's uncomfortable. I have small hands, and I can still manage to type with one hand. Some people complain abou the plastic feeling cheap, but I honestly have no idea where that comes from. Since when does a phone have to feel either metal or heavy to feel expensive and sturdy?

Battery- More powerful than any other Android phone out there, but its battery is still better as well. It's a win-win. I have no problem going a full 15 hours without charging.

Screen- SAMOLED+ is that good. The low resolution is an ever so slight disappointment, but let's be honest, unless you're looking at the screen from less than a foot away, you're not going to notice any pixelation. I would take this screen over any other phone's screen today. Brighter, better colors, more "crisp."

Speed- This phone is blazing fast. Less lag than any other phone I have used, including Droid X2, Evo 3D, Sensation, and iPhone 4 (haven't used the Bionic). You get nearly instantaneous response for every command, and I absolutely love it.

Call quality- I switched carriers to get this phone, so I can't say for sure it's better than other phones on the same carrier, but I haven't had one dropped call yet (I'm in a major metro area). The speaker phone could be a little louder, but I have used it for a conference call in a room with 15 others, and it served its purpose well enough.

Features- It has virtually anything you could ask for. I think it is worth nothing that the camera on this phone is superb. If you have a point-and-shoot that's around $150 or less, you can pretty much toss it. The video quality is also fantastic. 1080p recording is a little choppy, so I would recommend recording video in 720p or lower, but having the ability to record 1080p if I wanted is pretty awesome. I can't possibly cover all the other features, but I thought the camera definitely deserved the praise. I'll just say that, if you want it, this phone has it.

If you want a phone now, there's no question that you should get some version of the SGS2. If you are on Verizon and really want to stay there, you could wait for the Nexus Prime/Galaxy Nexus. It will be virtually the same phone with LTE and the "Google Experience." To be honest, I like TouchWiz and I like Sprint's unlimited data. I couldn't be happier with my SGS2, and I don't think anyone would truly be disappointed if they had one.

*Note, if you're will buy this Samsung Galaxy S II Epic Touch 4G, I suggest you have to check for best deal before you decide at: Androidphonedeals.wordpress.com/samsung-galaxy-s-ii-epic-touch-4g/

Hope my review helpful.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS