"Xbox Next" Console Coming in 2013?

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,383
Points 1,192,305
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Oct 21 2011 11:51 AM
Could there be a better way to kick start the weekend than with a next generation gaming console rumor? Well sure, you could hit the jackpot and tell your boss you won't be in on Monday, but that's not something we can help you with. We can, however, share the latest chatter about the so-called "Xbox Next," Microsoft's successor to the Xbox 360.

Develop claims to have heard from "multiple sources across the industry, from processor chip manufacturers to middleware firms," that Microsoft's next game console will make its first appearance at the E3 convention in 2013. It then appears likely that the console will launch in time for the holiday shopping season that same year, though the release could slip into 2014, Develop says.

Don't worry, this isn't a real controller for the Xbox Next / 720.

There are plenty of other rumors that tie into the Xbox Next. It's reported that EA Studio has its hands on early hardware technology that will be included in the Xbox console, though EA adamantly denies the claim. Develop also Lionhead is working on a project codenamed 'Fable Next' that will launch with the console.
  • | Post Points: 110
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 35
geforce912 replied on Fri, Oct 21 2011 12:24 PM

Wheeew! For a moment there, i thought that was the controller.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
VSkarlatov replied on Fri, Oct 21 2011 12:59 PM

This IS the controller obviously. Comfort is also the primary design goal as can be seen on the picture. Look how closely it follows the shape of human hands. :)

I dig the "MUGI" buttons. Sweet!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Fri, Oct 21 2011 1:28 PM

Well that image is somewhat hilarious. Nice photoshop mockup whoever made that.

"The future starts with you; now start posting more!"

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,865
Points 29,645

With Microsoft behind it I am sure that it will do well. I am also going phew on the controller. Far too many buttons :) I agree its pretty funny looking.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,120
Points 12,940

"Now thats a controller that Goro from Mortal Kombat would be proud of."

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,076
Points 11,645
Joel H replied on Fri, Oct 21 2011 5:21 PM

My all time favorite fake Nintendo remote control looked similar to this:

http://hothardware.com/News/Xbox-Next-Console-Coming-in-2013/

It was N64-style, but the entire right side was taken up by a bright red button that said: "DO!"

I can (barely) buy the idea of a new XBox shipping in mid-to-late 2014. I'm tired of games with 2005-2006 visuals, but a new console wouldn't necessarily be a huge leap forward technologically. It wouldn't surprise me if MS and Sony moved to an idea where more workloads were processed off-site and transmitted via broadband to simpler consoles that were profitable from Day 1. Presumably some games would still be playable without an Internet connection.

Certainly technology has moved far enough forward that a console aimed at 2014 could be a huge leap ahead of current generations.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
ChrisBray replied on Sat, Feb 9 2013 11:43 AM

i totally new it wasnt the controller as soon as i saw it wasnt upsisde down. they would throw off soooo many gamers if it was! still wouldn been even more awkward than the n64 1. once u got used 2 it it was awesome though. i no i ouldnt have bought the next console if it was.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS