3D Monitor Shoot-Out: Acer HN274H and ViewSonic V3D245

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,873
Points 1,172,785
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, Oct 3 2011 12:09 PM

3D Monitor Shoot-Out: Acer HN274H & ViewSonic V3D245There's no question about it: 3D technology is HOT right now. Whether you're ready to hop on the bandwagon or just want to keep on top of what's out there, there are two new monitors that should be on your radar, the 27” Acer HN274H and 23.6” ViewSonic V3D245. Both of these 3D monitors feature embedded 3D emitters designed for NVIDIA's 3D Vision technology.

They also share a number of similarities, but have some very obvious differences. Thanks to NVIDIA, Acer and ViewSonic, we were able to get our hands on both of these monitors so that we could give you a full hands-on look at what each one has to offer...

3D Monitor Shoot-Out: Acer HN274H and ViewSonic V3D245

• | Post Points: 80
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 385
Points 3,845
RTietjens replied on Mon, Oct 3 2011 12:26 PM

No, 3D is *NOT hot. It's garbage. It's a blatant money grab, and a desperate attempt to sell things that aren't needed to people who don't want them.

Here's the reality: Many people will not buy a monitor that's designed for 3D because they understand that they would be paying a lot of extra money for, essentially, a useless "feature."

Of course, the under-endowed (the ones who drive chrome-plated jacked-up 4x4 pickups and are afraid of mud) will buy it. But they'll buy anything, as long as they think it will help them compensate.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Mon, Oct 3 2011 12:30 PM

Eh. I'm one of the ones who think 3D is okay, haven't tried it for games though and well... Reading up on the 3D experiences of games it just makes me want one of these things even more.

Moving on, I will say that the ViewSonic does seem better then the Acer; even though it's a smaller screen. Personally if the resolution on a 27 inch screen isn't huge (2560x1600 huge) then what's the purpose of even making a 27 inch monitor in the first place? Plus it does wake up from sleep faster then the Acer and has a somewhat better form factor.

Anyways nice review, glad to see that the Lagom tests are finally getting some mainstream love and I'm glad to see that you reviewed the real-world performance of these monitors as well, you really cover every detail us consumers want to know.

"The future starts with you; now start posting more!"

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 754
Points 8,520
LBowen replied on Mon, Oct 3 2011 3:49 PM

The monitor I own was designed for 3D and I love it. Response time is impeccable, rich colors and 2D to 3D conversion. I wouldn't say it's a useless feature at all but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

"I have the power!!"

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,120
Points 12,940

"Usually as always , in the conclusion there is a winner. I find it hard to believe that two monitors, at two different sizes, from two different companies perform on an equal level. I dont buy it. Theres too many points of differential to set apart each model. What was The Lagom test about? Its just two graphs with no info comparison of each model, what are we supposed to get out of that.? In all the test pages, it was *both monitors* this *Both Monitors* that. I would have liked Paul's take on these two models, Or Matthews. "

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Mon, Oct 3 2011 10:03 PM

Wheatley:

What was The Lagom test about? Its just two graphs with no info comparison of each model, what are we supposed to get out of that.? In all the test pages, it was *both monitors* this *Both Monitors* that. I would have liked Paul's take on these two models, Or Matthews. "

The Lagom test is like the ultimate test for LCD (and some CRT monitors as well.) and if you look at the bottom of the charts, you'll find that he did post the results from each monitor on the bottom of the images he posted that aren't supposed to be from the monitors.

Wheatley:
I find it hard to believe that two monitors, at two different sizes, from two different companies perform on an equal level. I dont buy it. Theres too many points of differential to set apart each model.

I do buy it since she did look at the monitors, she did test the monitors and well; she observed the monitors, she even judged the real-world performance of each of them... And what differences, even on the introduction pages it at least lists some of the specs and most of them are similar to each other. I just don't know why your focused on the "there can be only one" mentality, why can't they both win?

Side note: this is based on the review, I still think Acer is a piece of crap brand for monitors.

"The future starts with you; now start posting more!"

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 15
TCP replied on Wed, Dec 7 2011 12:21 AM

fantastic review of the two monitors helped me to clear my mind

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS