Entering contests,.......What it can do for you

This post has 785 Replies | 38 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,694
Points 104,420
MembershipAdministrator
realneil Posted: Mon, Sep 12 2011 7:45 PM

I'm always entering contests. Some of them are ones that I hear about here, and others I see on the web. Because I register all of the parts I buy, I got an email invitation, and entered a contest over at Sapphire's home page.

I just won a game code for a game,.........Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

• | Post Points: 275
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,065
rrplay replied on Mon, Sep 12 2011 8:31 PM

Congrats on the win ! with the Deus Ex game  yep Sapphire has some pretty sweet opportunity for those that register product and the Sapphire Clubs [Gold] ..Some times it easy to spot a contest by helping others troubleshoot in tech forums by looking up product information and website.Other times it's easy to see what other forum pals & gals are doing with social-media which also play a big part in contests.these days .Some companies like NZXT have had a scavenger hunt with their products and required a pretty sharp eye with the product pages to submit an entry..Some Sapphire contests also reacquired submitted answer to identify a certain product or features.Other contests require some review reading and participation of sorts.Which is pretty much a Win /Win situation for both.

Guess it depends on how ya look at it.Yep contest and involvement can-do a lot for this guy  just by playing.Smile  -replay

"Don't Panic ! 'cause HH got's your back!"

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,120
Points 12,940

"I have won many things also, along with my family and friends. I also recommend About.Com and this article   http://contests.about.com/od/sweepstakeslistings/a/allsweepstakes.htm  it keeps tracks of many legit contest, I have won a couple of Gift Cards, Pre Paid Cards and some electronics and watches. Also , in Facebook , but Neil doesn't do Facebook. Your missing out n a lot of stuff Neil !."

"And hey, Congrats on the Deus Ex Copy"

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 292
Points 3,055
Aoshi replied on Mon, Sep 12 2011 9:59 PM

I have won like 2 things in life. I'm not a very lucky person. I got a 16GB SD card a while back for reviewing it. That was cool. But that's the most I've won.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,865
Points 29,645

Awesome reilneil, I have heard it is a truly awesome game with only a couple of minor bugs :)

@Optimus thanks for the link to the about.com page.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,694
Points 104,420
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Tue, Sep 13 2011 11:04 AM

They sent me the code and I'm Downloading it now.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,065
rrplay replied on Tue, Sep 13 2011 11:21 AM

realneil:

They sent me the code and I'm Downloading it now.

let us know how you like it ! Deus Ex Human Revolution is on my short list to play .

For those that partake in FB and Twiiter check out Mass Luminosity! they have 3 going on now along with your choice of Deus Ex or Dirt3 .for a prize & more ! like a Sapphire 6950  woo-hoo !

http://www.massluminosity.com/giveaway/three.html

Actually won the Steel Series Syberia headset in the initial Mass Luminosity launch [thanks again MLSmile ] has a strong social media presense and always thought of Angel Munoz to be the real deal 'Yes and the social community is fun too !

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 843
Points 9,155

Dude, that is awesome; congrats! Let us know how you like it. I heard from a friend the game was pretty cool, he said you have to choose/define your style of game play at the beginning. He said it would be easy to play the game through multiple times if you use different styles of game play.

Now you're just mashing it!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,865
Points 29,645

rrplay:
For those that partake in FB and Twiiter check out Mass Luminosity! they have 3 going on now along with your choice of Deus Ex or Dirt3 .for a prize & more ! like a Sapphire 6950  woo-hoo !

I will totally agree with you on that one :) I am pretty sure we have seen each other around on their page. It seems like every week they are giving away peripherals, games, and those vid cards

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
texotic replied on Tue, Sep 13 2011 2:18 PM

Congrats the game looks really good. Hopefully i can get a copy soon.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Tue, Sep 13 2011 7:33 PM

Aoshi:

I have won like 2 things in life. I'm not a very lucky person. I got a 16GB SD card a while back for reviewing it. That was cool. But that's the most I've won.

I have to agree with you there, I too seem to have very bad luck with contests seeing as how I have barely won any... But these contests do have the good side effect of building a community and most of the posts I have made are because of participating in various contest like these.

The plus is that while I may be competing, I'm also contributing to a community as a whole.

"The future starts with you; now start posting more!"

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
AAllen replied on Tue, Sep 13 2011 8:34 PM

:good that everyone on here has won something in there life as for me i have never been fortunate. i have always paid for everything and never had the greatest things in life. i work two jobs and have a baby on the way and my computer crashed my other computer is so outdated i couldnt sell it lol but maybe someday i can hopefully feel the sweet victory of winning something. shout out to hh and everyone else for keeping a great forum. keep gaming peeps 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,120
Points 12,940

omegadraco:
@Optimus thanks for the link to the about.com page.

"Yes , And just in case anyone is interested, NEXTAG is giving away daily prizes, from TV's to Laptops, Appliances and the Grand Prize, An Arctic Cat XC if you are really into breaking your bones. Just type in your email and Shuffle. Your allowed One shuffle a day, but you get more Instant Shuffles if you send email invites. Good Luck."

http://nextag.promo.eprize.com/sweepstakes/

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 997
Points 14,405
Manduh replied on Wed, Sep 14 2011 12:20 PM

looks like a sweet giveaway rrplay, but not for me, (not for Canadians)

I've won a few cool things over the years, some I've had to do crazy shyte to win (ex. my Zagg tattoo lol) but I find it fun. I don't mind a few hoops to jump through. Besides, I find out about a lot of cool products and websites through contests.  For example, I found HotHardware when I entered a video contest a while back here, I submitted the Star Trek, Spock video, which I think is still up on Viddler somewhere LOL
I didn't win :( but I stuck around because I enjoy the articles and people here!

I can't stand voting contests though. I find they are the hardest to win, especially when you just can't seem to get your friends to help. Also there are too many cheaters out there, 'buying' votes etc. I think the one I'm in right now is going to be my last!! UGH :(  

P.s any of you facebookers can help if you want, it ends tonight, you just click the green thumbs UP button beside my pic:  http://apps.facebook.com/promotionshq/contests/152421/voteable_entries/30481928

I'm trying to win a canon camera Yes

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,865
Points 29,645

You certainly have done some crazy things for contests. I remember voting for you on Zagg daily for a little bit. Hows that iPad treating you?

I certainly would never put a tattoo on my body for a contest lol.

I agree voting contests drive me nuts I don't bother.  In all honesty the enter daily contests drive me pretty crazy too though I am sure it brings in a lot of advertising revenue to those sites.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,065
rrplay replied on Thu, Sep 15 2011 1:40 AM

Manduh:

looks like a sweet giveaway rrplay, but not for me, (not for Canadians)

I've won a few cool things over the years, some I've had to do crazy shyte to win (ex. my Zagg tattoo lol) but I find it fun. I don't mind a few hoops to jump through. Besides, I find out about a lot of cool products and websites through contests.  For example, I found HotHardware when I entered a video contest a while back here, I submitted the Star Trek, Spock video, which I think is still up on Viddler somewhere LOL
I didn't win :( but I stuck around because I enjoy the articles and people here!

I can't stand voting contests though. I find they are the hardest to win, especially when you just can't seem to get your friends to help. Also there are too many cheaters out there, 'buying' votes etc. I think the one I'm in right now is going to be my last!! UGH :(  

P.s any of you facebookers can help if you want, it ends tonight, you just click the green thumbs UP button beside my pic:  http://apps.facebook.com/promotionshq/contests/152421/voteable_entries/30481928

I'm trying to win a canon camera Yes

hey @AmanduHH that ML contest is open to Canadians you have the math quizzy thingy to do if ya win ..Sure hope you win the camera and I did like seeing the pic of your little girl ..By the way the other contest you played and won with  that guy getting the body wax vid was just sooo funny !he was a squealing like a 'lil piggy in Deliverance  LOL and surely made my day :)

One of the really sweet things I 'sorta' won was an  Antec Hydo 620 cooler ..The Asetek folks [TY Asetek] were most generous to award me a prize as a fan of the month and posted a bit of the cooler here :

http://hothardware.com/cs/forums/t/54561.aspx

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 231
Points 3,280
PFeenstra replied on Thu, Sep 15 2011 10:31 AM

Contests are great, been doing them a lot for the last few months, since then I've won some cool stuff, nothing major yet though. It's worth it though, only takes a few mins and sometimes you do win. Biggest win so far was worth about $250 

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 418
Points 5,330
FreeJet replied on Sun, Sep 18 2011 2:32 PM

Not Ranked
Posts 64
Points 785
blah310 replied on Sun, Sep 18 2011 7:10 PM

Wow that's a whole bunch of stuff FreeJet..you must be one lucky person haha.
Wish i was like you..I haven't won a single contest actually :( lol but still, participating in them are always enjoyable, and you get to meet and talk to new people, which is also nice.
And thanks for the website, I'll be checking it out..maybe my luck will change for the better :)

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 997
Points 14,405
Manduh replied on Mon, Sep 19 2011 7:39 PM

So I didn't win the camera... Oh well. I didn't think I would. Contests that don't show the actual voting results are a pretty big waste of time and most likely sketchy anyway lol  

Ya, the tattoo was crazy, Surprise I still have it - I never covered it up and most likely won't. I kind of like it lol.  

My iPad is amazing, I rarely put it down. One of the reasons I don't post here much is because I can't when I'm using my ipad, The comment/post box comes up but I cannot type in it. I always try to remember to boot up my lappy to post my comment, but by the time I do I forget what I wanted to comment on LOL  

I know a lot of of people who say anyone that owns an Apple device is just a "sheep" (follower), I disagree completely, I don't think you're a sheep if you want to own products that work, are of high quality and can do everything but bake you a pie! :p

Also I haven't been entering as many contests lately or even been very social at all much. I've been emotionally "effed" after some news but hopefully everything will be fine. Anyone on my FB will probably know what I'm talking about.

I will not enter anymore voting contest, but want to say Thanks to my loyal voters :D (you know who your are!!) 

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,694
Points 104,420
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Mon, Sep 19 2011 8:10 PM

Manduh:
My iPad is amazing, I rarely put it down. One of the reasons I don't post here much is because I can't when I'm using my ipad, The comment/post box comes up but I cannot type in it.

Same here for me using my iPad. it only happens here at HH too. It's frustrating to want to use it to comment and it doesn't work. I had commented on this before in another post, and Dave said that they're gonna fix it for us. So hold out for a little longer and it will begin to work.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 997
Points 14,405
Manduh replied on Mon, Sep 19 2011 8:38 PM

realneil:

Same here for me using my iPad. it only happens here at HH too. It's frustrating to want to use it to comment and it doesn't work. I had commented on this before in another post, and Dave said that they're gonna fix it for us. So hold out for a little longer and it will begin to work.

THAT'S EXCELLENT!! Hopefully it happens soon :D

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,065
rrplay replied on Mon, Sep 19 2011 11:52 PM

Manduh:

realneil:

THAT'S EXCELLENT!! Hopefully it happens soon :D

What was impressive about that was how quickly the response was and pretty sure it will be worked out pretty soon. @AmandduHH Kinda sad not to get to vote a few times a week. just part of my Chicago political upbringing lol ..not really a big fan of the like' contests myself. anyhow me thinks the i Pad is pretty slick even though I don't  have one.But glad you won one and that you both enjoy using it .Smile

Sometimes it's nice to get a message or 2 from folks you participate in forums and social -media about something they won or just 'cuz.A pal on FB that's enter's a bunch of tech sweeps ... mentioned that he won about $500 bucks of some camping gear for himself and his son.over the weekend.Pretty sweet ! if you ask me ! Especially in times when $$ can be a bit tight.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,694
Points 104,420
MembershipAdministrator

So I won again.

3rd. Place in a contest on another site.

Here's what I got,......

3rd Prize: includes Prizes from Kingston including one HyperX USB 120GB SSD Bundle, One HyperX DDR3 8GB Kit, a XSPC Rasa CPU water block, One Xigmatek 700W PSU, and 3 tubes of Innovation Coolling IC Diamond.

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  23.3 KB

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,795
Points 40,670

Dam, nice win realneil. PROPS! :)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,374
Points 80,315

^wow I need to get in on more of these

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."

Z77 GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER

GIGABYTE GTX670

G.Skill Ripjaws X 16gb PC2133

Antec P280

Corsair H100

Asus Blu-ray burner

Seasonic X650 PSU

Patriot Pyro 128gb SSD

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Thu, Oct 6 2011 10:00 PM

reilneil is having some incredible luck here... real incredible luck.

I need to get me into more of these contests.

"The future starts with you; now start posting more!"

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,865
Points 29,645

very nice stuff, congrats on the win. I am sure you will put those items to good use with all the fun you get to have messing around :)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 292
Points 3,055
Aoshi replied on Fri, Oct 7 2011 2:00 AM

Damn realneil can I have some of your luck????? I'll give it right back!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,065
rrplay replied on Fri, Oct 7 2011 8:19 AM

realneil:

So I won again.

3rd. Place in a contest on another site.

Here's what I got,......

3rd Prize: includes Prizes from Kingston including one HyperX USB 120GB SSD Bundle, One HyperX DDR3 8GB Kit, a XSPC Rasa CPU water block, One Xigmatek 700W PSU, and 3 tubes of Innovation Coolling IC Diamond.

Major Congrats on that Sweet Win !  Neil ! >>you got your 'haul'  real quick  woo-hoo & they sent ya 8GB of HyperX stiks .you must be stoked man ! wait til you check out that IC Diamond  paste ! Enjoy ! Man !  Smile

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,694
Points 104,420
MembershipAdministrator

Thanks to all of you. All it takes is your time,.........and I have lots of that. I've been on the hunt for contests worth entering lately.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,694
Points 104,420
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Fri, Oct 7 2011 10:21 AM

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 754
Points 8,520
LBowen replied on Fri, Oct 7 2011 1:43 PM

I enter stuff like that whenever I get the chance and I have won some amazing stuff.  It does take some patience though.

"I have the power!!"

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,065
rrplay replied on Fri, Oct 7 2011 1:56 PM

***  For GeForce.com Community Members

Win 1 of 2 Alienware M19x Notebooks:

http://www.geforce.com/Community/Rewards

Five Second Prize Winners will receive a Swirl 3D T-Shirt from NVIDIA.

Good Luck ! Smile

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,694
Points 104,420
MembershipAdministrator

rrplay:

Thanks! I'm In!!

~Whooee!~

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 997
Points 14,405
Manduh replied on Fri, Oct 7 2011 4:38 PM

Congrats Neil, that's a sweet prize bundle!!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,694
Points 104,420
MembershipAdministrator

Manduh:
Congrats Neil, that's a sweet prize bundle!!

I agree, I still haven't used any of it. I'm thinking of saving all of it for a "After October 12Th" (secret code for Bulldozer) build. I don't have any idea where I'm gonna get the money though,...Smile.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,065
rrplay replied on Fri, Oct 7 2011 8:46 PM

realneil:

Sometimes it a bit of luck,accepting a challenge, genuinely participating & simply sharing.....will do ! Smile

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,865
Points 29,645

realneil:

rrplay:

Thanks! I'm In!!

~Whooee!~

Me too! thanks. It seems like nVidia is almost always running one of these types of drawings :)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,694
Points 104,420
MembershipAdministrator

omegadraco:
It seems like nVidia is almost always running one of these types of drawings :)

They give away a lot of gear, just not to me,....Sad

Page 1 of 20 (786 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS