Fujitsu's Arrows Honeycomb Tablet Can Be Used In The Bathtub

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,884
Points 1,116,860
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Sep 9 2011 9:42 AM
It seems like every one these days has a tablet to offer. Sony, Apple, ViewSonic...you name it. But now, another name is jumping into the ring. Fujitsu. It's a company that has strayed from the general consumer space in recent years, but they're certainly crashing the party with a new LTE tablet. The Arrows Tab LTE (F-01D) is slated to land first in Japan this October, bringing LTE to a market that has thrived on advanced telecommunications. We suspect that it won't be long before it passes to other markets as well.

But the LTE inside is only half of what makes this particular slate so lustworthy. There's a 10.1" display, a dual-core CPU and Android 3.2, with an 8.6mm body that weighs just 565g. The 7000mAh battery is also impressive, but it's the external padding that really wows us. The 11.3mm-thick model has an IPX5/IPX7 waterproof design enables users to enjoy video and mobile TV even while relaxing in the bathtub (seriously!), and the "hand gesture control" enables operations to be performed with simple hand gestures without touching the device — perfect for checking recipes or performing other tasks while the user’s hands are wet or messy.

In conjunction with the launch of these inaugural Xi-compatible tablets, DOCOMO will offer four new broadband applications, including the popular Hulu and Qik Video services, which are specially suited to Xi’s high-spec mobile video/TV, communications and online gaming capabilities. Pricing has yet to be announced, but having a waterproof tablet is bound to demand a price premium.
  • | Post Points: 80
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Fri, Sep 9 2011 7:25 PM

First Motorola, and now Fujitsu?

It really seems like we're taking everything mobile; even in the bathtub!

"The future starts with you; now start posting more!"

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,864
Points 29,610

ahem... Do you really need a tablet in the bathtub??? Nevermind I should not have asked that question...

I could see this being really useful in the kitchen. Though I would need to build some type of drop down under cabinet mount so that it could sit in that and stay off my counters while cooking. Plus you would not have to worry about using it in the rain.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,365
Points 30,865
rrplay replied on Sat, Sep 10 2011 8:46 AM

Looks like a great idea ! saw some article a short time ago about the where folks spend day - to -day time using the tablets ,and the 'reading room' had a received a pretty good slice of the percentages of actual use.So it make sense to make it waterproof as well    meanwhile pool side snow ski boating etc

"Don't Panic ! 'cause HH got's your back!"

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
PRobert replied on Sat, Sep 10 2011 1:27 PM

I've been using my Asus Transformer in both the bath and shower for months. The shower is more demanding as you can't let water directly spray on it., but you do get plenty of overspray that needs to be wiped off every few minutes (mainly to let you read easily). I have a shelf in my shower at eye level and it's great for reading news/email (too noisy to listen to anything). I haven't immersed the tablet as it surely isn't waterproof, but it seems water resistant.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 651
Points 5,915
mhenriday replied on Sun, Sep 11 2011 6:52 AM

Based on Samsung's experience, Fujitsu might be advised to refrain from attempting to market the tablet in Germany, where anything that's rectangular with rounded corners seems to be regarded as infringing on Apples design registration. Good that Euklides lived a couple of millennia BJ (Before Jobs) ; otherwise his attempt to systematise geometry would no doubt have been slapped with an injunction....

Henri

Not Ranked
Posts 24
Points 145

Angry Birds... IN THE SHOWER!!! But seriously this sounds extremely useful in other places than just the bathroom. The kitchen seems the most practical, but using it outdoors without fretting over rain, sprinklers, etc sounds very handy.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS