This post has 21 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,361
Points 48,680
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Marco C Posted: Thu, Aug 18 2011 1:32 PM

Hey All,

Is there anything you'd like us to discuss on the upcoming podcast?  Anything at all is fair game--questions, opinions, etc.

Thanks!

Marco Chiappetta
Managing Editor @ HotHardware.com

Follow Marco on Twitter

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,050
rrplay replied on Thu, Aug 18 2011 5:35 PM

Do you think that it's important for Intel to lower the pricing to OEM 's on higher end top-tier i5 i7 M chips? Or are the  OEM like Asus etc going to have to "bite the bullet" a bit with  profit margins to get the utrabooks top-tier performers competitively priced.sub $ 1000.00 ?

Even though we recently had a feed regarding the new Intel hexa core SB missing Intel's thermal guidelines ,and not including a CPU cooler..What are your thoughts and insights with the higher power and thermals seen with Sandy Bridge-E so far ? any more info perspective [leaks] to share ?

OK maybe we can pass on the genero-stock push-pin, but the Extreme Edition is fine .maybe the extreme Edition should be included in a $900.00 processor ?

"Don't Panic ! 'cause HH got's your back!"

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 843
Points 9,155

How about the situation brewing with hp, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the situation.

Have you heard any rumors about ice cream sandwich and do you think it will be enough to grab some apple market share. Will current phones be able to upgrade to it?

And also maybe the meaning of life?

Now you're just mashing it!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,050
rrplay replied on Thu, Aug 18 2011 6:46 PM

What are your thoughts regarding PC gaming and some of the development of discussion lately:  like second hand game sales,current sales,mobile gaming ,online etc ?

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,865
Points 29,645
omegadraco replied on Thu, Aug 18 2011 10:21 PM

1. Do you think that Android will be able to be smooth enough to compete with the iPad especially with so many options to choose from? I have heard that Ice cream sandwich is highly polished in comparison to Honeycomb (in many ways I feel the Android choices are overwhelming for many users)

2. Where do you see Linux going with the current market and can it become a Windows Killer.

3. What is your view on the Cloud computing boom? I recently sat in on a presentation on Cloud computing and Security could not be touched on enough during the presentation.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,050
rrplay replied on Sat, Aug 27 2011 10:39 PM

Maybe you gents can share some of your thoughts about the situation with Steve Jobs.& look forward to hearing  your comment and remarks,

Thanks

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,681
Points 104,280
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Sat, Aug 27 2011 11:29 PM

rrplay:
Maybe you gents can share some of your thoughts about the situation with Steve Jobs.& look forward to hearing  your comment and remarks, Thanks

rrplay's suggestion is probably because a few of us discussed the media's disregard for personal privacy when TMZ recently posted a picture of Steve Jobs obviously very sick, and wasting away. I feel that Paparazzi goes far beyond the bounds of common decency just to get stupid shots of famous people. (who really needs to see ~up-skirt~ pictures of starlets getting in and out of cars anyway?) Here's a hint: I don't care, ~*~not even a little bit~*~ if they have panties on or not,.......I view it as a total lack of respect for other human beings and it disgusts me.

Some have mentioned in other threads that they'd like to see liquid cooling for hard drives developed. Do you think that it's gonna be something that will be necessary considering the move towards cooler running SSD's? What effect do you think that cooler running CPU's and GPU's will have on the thriving aftermarket for custom coolers for PC's? How do you feel about the effectiveness of Water Cooling over Air?

I've been looking at a particular Video card and I would like your HH GURU-Geek take on it.

IT'S HERE

The reason I'm interested in it is that it ships with a dual BIOS on the card. (nothing new here) But this card has two separate BIOS's on it. One of them is the stock HD6950 configuration, and the second one has the shaders unlocked into the HD6970 configuration. (yeah, it's FACTORY Unlocked already, right out of the box!) I want to put two of them together in Crossfire and set them to the HD6970 side. Is this doable? Is it gonna work out well? How will it perform? I like that I may be able to get the performance of two HD6970's for less than 600 bucks. What do you guys think?

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,050
rrplay replied on Sun, Aug 28 2011 12:05 AM

@realneil A bit of those comment in the thread as well as his ongoing decision making process [if any] with Apple too.

Oh yea now if you can mention the Razer Blade Gaming Laptop. Surprise 

I dunno how much Marco 'giddy' we can take  Big Smile [kidding of course gents]

but that's going to def be a must see reaction Smile

***Edit:  the more 'giddy' factor the hotter the show !

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,050
rrplay replied on Sun, Aug 28 2011 12:55 AM

Might as well round it out with the sheer stupidity with GameStop coupon theft fiasco and lamo explano.!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Sun, Aug 28 2011 2:35 AM

Eh. I don't think the GameSpot thing is worth talking about alot; I mean companies usually do this stuff all the time and this isn't really different at all. I do agree that it's down low though.

The Steve Jobs thing does have a lot of potential though. I mean the image was taken and posted on the internet without any consideration for the victim in the photo (Steve Jobs) and yet things like this happen everyday. I mean we get all up in arms about it and then a few weeks later, nothing happens.

I mean really... the media has such a constant grip that it doesn't really matter if we don't watch their shows or support their products by not buying the advertisers products. We're buying the products and we're unintentionally showing our support for the products; we're just one out of a billion.

Seriously, there needs to be more campaigns against these types of shows, against the advertisers that support this and the company that produces it. It has work tons of times before and that's what we need to do more of, rebelling against the machine; this type of control is unacceptable.

"The future starts with you; now start posting more!"

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,681
Points 104,280
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Sun, Aug 28 2011 11:00 AM

TaylorKarras:
Seriously, there needs to be more campaigns against these types of shows, against the advertisers that support this and the company that produces it. It has work tons of times before and that's what we need to do more of, rebelling against the machine; this type of control is unacceptable.

Agreed Taylor,

Our ultimate weapon is our wallet. I already speak with mine, and the more people that do, the more they'll finally listen to us.

rrplay:
Might as well round it out with the sheer stupidity with GameStop coupon theft fiasco and lamo explano.!

GameStop had no good explanation for what they did. To remove content from sealed packages is theft, as you say, plain and simple. Once they were busted by an unhappy public, they, in a knee-jerk reaction, retaliated and pulled all of the boxes from their shelves.

What a load of crap.

Now they've posted an apology and are offering customers some bling to make up for it. Do you feel the love now? Or do you detect a certain amount of ~SPIN~ going on?

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 758
Points 10,695
eunoia replied on Sat, Sep 3 2011 10:48 AM

...pending.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,681
Points 104,280
MembershipAdministrator

Did someone say Guitars?

These aren't really Guitars,...but they make lots of noise,.....

And this has a Guitar in the picture,.......

And here's an Old Alvarez,........

And the last one is one designed by a British Knight, Sir Lester Of Paul.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,120
Points 12,940

"Nice collection Neil, maybe you guys can get together, Dave, Realneil, RRplay and Eunonia, and form  Dave and the Dominos , that be something,ROFL" 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,050
rrplay replied on Sat, Sep 3 2011 5:16 PM

@eunoia  is that a Dean guitar on the right in that pic ?  just wondering if it was ..recall doing a bit of jamming inside the factory where they were made [mostly hearv metal bluez n booze stuff (me-oops lol) back in the early 80s in Chicago [Ravenswood area me thinks] 

ahh geez I can recall jammin with the owner of Dean guitars [ and he is a true master by the way] ,can smell the maple saw dust , lacquer fumes and can't remember what my suggestion for discussion was 2 minutes ago   .. oh well 

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 758
Points 10,695
eunoia replied on Sat, Sep 3 2011 6:28 PM

...pending.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,050
rrplay replied on Sat, Sep 3 2011 8:13 PM

eunoia:

Absolutely the correct call!  Awesome, you met Dean himself!  Early 80's was when it was happening, all those guitars have held their value quite nicely.

As previously mentioned it was about '81 -'83 ??  me thinks and yep we jammed in the factory for about 2 -3 hrs with a bass.player. very impromtu ,very casual ..ya might say .I think he just wanted to play a bit & as some might say around here 'just 'cuz. Cool 

did I mention he can really play the daylights out of one of his 'axes' ?

. O-o-o-o H-h-h-h  yea ! ! 4Sure !!  & you bet !! Big Smile

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,050
rrplay replied on Sat, Sep 3 2011 8:29 PM

back at the ranch>>> with the topics for the upcoming podcast ...maybe clear the air &  shed some insights regarding the uncertainties with the scoops for both AMD and Intel upcoming chips and release schedules.

Edit: how much impact do you gent think the Ultrabooks will have from Acer and others ?

What's up with zero post points ? lately   maybe it's just my posts.

Thanks

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,681
Points 104,280
MembershipAdministrator

rrplay:
What's up with zero post points ? lately   maybe it's just my posts.

When you reply to your own posts, you get no points for that. Reply to others posts and they get points, as you do when they reply to yours. Multiple replies to your posts, nets you more points.

I just replied to you and bumped your post points from 5 to 20. Smile

As for the upcoming AMD and Intel offerings, I'm doing just fine right now with my little Sandy Bridge 'puter, so I don't have to jump right away when they're released. I have time to see how they perform and if they have issues too. AMD's Bulldozer doesn't have to blow Sandy Bridge out of the water to make me want it. It just has to perform well, without problems. If it's even close to what this SB system is doing for me now, than it will be fine with me.

As far as gaming performance goes, I'm probably gonna hang my hat on getting better GPU's to improve all of my system's performance.

I just don't see the need for  much faster CPU's in a home gaming environment at this time. They haven't offered games that really tax the components that I already have, so why spend a fortune on unnecessary gear?

What do you guys, (Dave, Marco) think of this strategy?

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,050
rrplay replied on Sat, Sep 3 2011 9:39 PM

realneil:

I just don't see the need for  much faster CPU's in a home gaming environment at this time. They haven't offered games that really tax the components that I already have, so why spend a fortune on unnecessary gear?

What do you guys, (Dave, Marco) think of this strategy?

hey realneil thank for the above explano with posts doing a brain freeze 

.. yeah I can see this point pretty well wtih having adequate cpu speed with a SB 2600 k chip and getting upgraded GPU processing power. along with SSD.In my situation i would easily benefit an overall user experience from :

1. better screen, at least a 27">>>an SSD OS sys boot  drive & better GPU before considering the performance potential of upgrading the i 7 870 -8GB ram I now have.with the apps & current games.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Sun, Sep 4 2011 6:11 AM

rrplay:
1. better screen, at least a 27">>>an SSD OS sys boot  drive & better GPU before considering the performance potential of upgrading the i 7 870 -8GB ram I now have.with the apps & current games.

Eh. Upgrading isn't worth it; I've been tempted by the 2600k but why upgrade to something if it's not going to gain you a major benefit.

If anything I'm waiting for the reviews of Sandy Bridge E and Bulldozer before I jump on a system upgrade... I want to know which processor side I'm going to be on and how it works out in terms of gaming performance.

"The future starts with you; now start posting more!"

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 996
Points 14,370
Manduh replied on Mon, Sep 5 2011 2:12 PM

Maybe some tips on upgrading laptops and laptop hardware suggestions, like graphic cards etc. Thanks :)

Page 1 of 1 (22 items) | RSS