SR-2 BIOS not ACPI compatible?

rated by 0 users
This post has 0 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
atspangler Posted: Sun, Aug 7 2011 9:00 PM

Hey guys..

Finally got my rig assembled, but now I'm having trouble getting it to boot. As you know, the SR-2 goes through a quick power on cycle, then powers off - then begins POST. If I make ANY changes to the BIOS (adjust the time or even enter the settings pages), the computer tries to reboot - but never powers back on after the initial spark-up.

I fiddled around with it for a while, and finally got Windows 7 (Ult. x64) to install, having to reset the CMOS every time the setup process needed to reboot. Lame. Finally booted into Windows and downloaded the drivers for my 2x GTX 580s. Installed the drivers and rebooted - BSOD. Getting a 'The BIOS for this hardware is not ACPI compliant. Please contact your hardware vendor.'

This is a RMA board and EVGA has assured me the latest and greatest working BIOS was flashed before they shipped it back to me.

Oh - also, this whole time the BIOS page, Memtest and Win7 are only picking up one of my procs (2x 5620s) and 1/2 the installed RAM (2x 12 GB). I hoped that if I was able to boot into Windows I could install the correct drivers and it'd pick up the hardware.

I did some digging and found that a couple other people have had this same problem with similar hardware - but no one ever bothered to post the solution.

Any help? The fact that I was able to install Windows makes me wonder if there is some setting I'm just missing. I'm booting the computer with Optimal Defaults as specified by the POST message. Now it won't even boot into Windows - just BSOD's w/ the 'The Bios for this hardware is not ACPI compliant.' Error.

Here's a link to an album w/ BIOS screenies: http://atspangler.imgur.com/sr2_bios

Hardware specs: CPU 2x Xeon E5620

Motherboard EVGA SR-2 A2

Memory 24GB Patriot Viper II Sector 7

Graphics Card 2x EVGA GTX 580 Hydro Copper FTW (in SLI)

Hard Drives (boot) OCZ Vertex II 120 GB SSD (storage) 1TB WD Caviar Black

Power Supply Corsair AX-1200

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS