Star Wars Blu-ray: Early Access iOS App Teases You For Real Product

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,480
Points 1,196,075
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Wed, Jul 20 2011 8:57 AM
The official Star Wars collection on Blu-ray is nearly here, but for those who can't wait, the Star Wars Blu-ray: Early Access App will be available for free download at the App Store store on July 20th.

According to LucasFilm's press release, the app will be available for all iDevices including the iPad and iPhone, although this conflicts with new information that the iPhone and iPod touch won't have access until Aug. 2nd. The truth will come out when the app appears in the App Store.

The app is a port of the extras that will be available on the Blu-ray Discs. In addition, an end user can download only the content they select, saving that valuable iDevice storage for other things, like music or videos.

Since it's free, the price is right, too (which also means there shouldn't be any complaining over just how much isn't available in the app vs. the Blu-ray Discs).

Star Wars: The Complete Saga will be available on Blu-ray Disc on September 12 internationally and September 16 in North America.

" + __flash__argumentsToXML(arguments,0) + "")); }" stopmovie="function () { return eval(instance.CallFunction("" + __flash__argumentsToXML(arguments,0) + "")); }" startmovie="function () { return eval(instance.CallFunction("" + __flash__argumentsToXML(arguments,0) + "")); }" pausemovie="function () { return eval(instance.CallFunction("" + __flash__argumentsToXML(arguments,0) + "")); }" playmovie="function () { return eval(instance.CallFunction("" + __flash__argumentsToXML(arguments,0) + "")); }" viddlerpause="function () { return eval(instance.CallFunction("" + __flash__argumentsToXML(arguments,0) + "")); }" viddleropen="function () { return eval(instance.CallFunction("" + __flash__argumentsToXML(arguments,0) + "")); }" viddlerseek="function () { return eval(instance.CallFunction("" + __flash__argumentsToXML(arguments,0) + "")); }" viddlerswitch="function () { return eval(instance.CallFunction("" + __flash__argumentsToXML(arguments,0) + "")); }" getcurrenttime="function () { return eval(instance.CallFunction("" + __flash__argumentsToXML(arguments,0) + "")); }" getplayheadtime="function () { return eval(instance.CallFunction("" + __flash__argumentsToXML(arguments,0) + "")); }">
  • | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,809
Points 18,105

Han Shot First......!

Already have multiple VHS, Laserdisc, and DVD copies, will wait for the real ultimate collection:P Or maybe wait for Lucas to bring The Clone Wars production back to the USA so people like us can have jobs to be able to afford new media copies of this series?!

Intel Core i7-875K Quad
Asetek 510LC 120MM
4GB Kingston Hyper-X DDR-3
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro
CyberPower 800 PSU
Kingston 64GB SSD 
2 Hitachi 1-TB HDD'S
FirePro V8800
8X Blu-Ray DVD±R/±RW
HPw2207 22" LCD
Cintiq 21UX
CoolerMaster 690II Advance
Win 7 Pro 64 bit
Special thanks to HotHardware.com!
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,120
Points 12,940

"I love Episodes 1,4,5 and 6, hate 2 and 3, they don't appeal to me. Anyhow, a must buy for me, to relive the magic and imagination brought by 4-6 in my childhood."

-Optimus

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,809
Points 18,105

As much as I cant stand Lucas Farts putting the Clone Wars production in Singapore!!!

This woman feels much worse for Star Wars Galaxies?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWb3cxA4g_U&feature=youtu.be

Intel Core i7-875K Quad
Asetek 510LC 120MM
4GB Kingston Hyper-X DDR-3
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro
CyberPower 800 PSU
Kingston 64GB SSD 
2 Hitachi 1-TB HDD'S
FirePro V8800
8X Blu-Ray DVD±R/±RW
HPw2207 22" LCD
Cintiq 21UX