Asus Launches ROG G74SX Gaming Notebook

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,856
Points 1,115,490
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Jul 15 2011 1:14 PM
Asus today added another model to its growing Republic of Gamers (ROG) notebook line, this latest one being the G74SX. The G74SX sports the same overall aggressive design as previous models, but according to Asus, it features certain improvements to give users an easier way to upgrade, as well as a better gaming experience. Towards the latter, Asus says they keyboard is more spacious with extra room for the number pad and arrow keys, and also has bigger shift keys.

As far as upgrades go, the G74SS now includes an Easy Upgrade Cover. This allows users access to the underbelly by simply prying the cover off with a coin. In addition, Asus also upgraded the rear venting system, which now consists of "Dual Intelligent Fan technology that independently cools both the CPU and GPU. When there is additional load on the CPU, the GPU fan will automatically switch to assist in cooling the CPU and vice versa resulting in lowering temperatures for a more comfortable gaming session."

The hardware inside is what you would expect from a modern gaming machine, including a second generation Intel Core i7 processor, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560M graphics, up to 16GB of DDR3 memory, 8-channel audio with THX TruStudio and Creative EAX Advanced HD 5.0 compatibility, Blu-ray drive, and up to 1.5TB of hard disk storage (SSD options also available).

No word on price or availability.
  • | Post Points: 80
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 467
Points 3,710

Wonder how this unit stacks up to the Alienware reviewed by Marco?

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 467
Points 3,710

I mean reviewed by Dave.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,864
Points 29,610

The Asus G73 always looked like a wicked machine. I too would be interested to see how this stacks up to the Alienware Dave reviewed.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,476
Points 53,895
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Fri, Jul 15 2011 11:10 PM

This is a big machine boys, with beefier hardware (more powerful GPU). The M14x is a smaller, portable machine. This is a desktop replacement. Apples and Oranges really. :)

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 467
Points 3,710

Good to know Dave, as my brother was looking at the M14.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS