Shortcuts

Random Hardware ideas.

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 35
EvilDomains Posted: Thu, Jun 23 2011 11:51 PM

Nvidia, GPU with a another GPU for PhysX on the same board.

Random thought to promote more PhysX would be some Video card designs with 2 Gpus. 1 for just video and other solo for PhysX. Could make it where the 2nd GPU runs some type of SLI when PhysX isn't supported  in a game. I would think from Nvidia stand point, they could it would be a win win. They would have more info on what games gamers like to play and use that info or chance to get the makers of the game to make games that are physx friendly.  I know there would be problems in the designs of the boards, drivers and so on but still doesn't sound bad.

This could be the same for motherboard makers. Built onboard GPU nothing more then for PhysX with 2x Pcie 16 slots. Option boards with things like Sound blaster sound chips,  Killer NIC™ M1. NIC chips. All USB slots, no more PS/2 or just 1 for keyboards, no more IDE/floppy. Better spaced PCIe slots with a extra movable fan in the middle to help cool the video cards.  Cmos reset buttons on the outside, near Ps/2 port. ( ECS has a board with it but I really don't like ECS)

What about  Micro motherboards that use's nothing but laptop ram. Would be better suited for media pcs and so on.

USB ports on both sides or top of the keyboard so my mouse can be set up threw it and give me a alittle more room/reach with the mouse cable.

Have you seen the energizer commercials where the person lays there phone down on this platform to recharge it with out havnt to hook up a power plug. Be nice if someone did with a mouse pad for a rechargeable mouse . Game all day and when not in use, it charges the mouse. ( recharging is the only real reason I hate wireless mice)

I have more thoughts and ideas but I would like to read others people thoughts.

Have a great day!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,372
Points 80,290

They actually did this long ago, but i never took off. It was a dedicated GPU and PPU on the same card, they made the card after they bought Agia Physx back in the day.

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."

Z77 GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER

GIGABYTE GTX670

G.Skill Ripjaws X 16gb PC2133

Antec P280

Corsair H100

Asus Blu-ray burner

Seasonic X650 PSU

Patriot Pyro 128gb SSD

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,865
Points 29,645
omegadraco replied on Fri, Jun 24 2011 10:55 AM

EvilDomains:
Have you seen the energizer commercials where the person lays there phone down on this platform to recharge it with out havnt to hook up a power plug. Be nice if someone did with a mouse pad for a rechargeable mouse . Game all day and when not in use, it charges the mouse. ( recharging is the only real reason I hate wireless mice)

I would bet Energizer could mod their existing systems to fit into wireless mice that have removable batteries or especially the ones that use AA batteries. This is a great idea it is the same reason I won't buy a wireless mouse for my desktop computer and only use one with my laptop where it is not critical.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS