Logitech Announces C615 HD Webcam with Fold-and-Go Design

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,088
Points 1,183,280
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Tue, Jun 14 2011 1:18 PM
Is that a Logitech webcam in your pocket or are you... oh, it is a webcam. In that case, 'nice package,' which we can say after catching a glimpse of Logitech's new C615 HD webcam with a fold-and-go design for easy transport.

Logitech's C615 offers single-click uploads to Facebook and HD 720p video calls via Skype, FaceTime for Mac, Logitech Vid HD, and Windows Live Messenger. It comes with a 3-foot USB cable with an extender and boasts a tripod-ready design so you're not limited to plopping it on top of your notebook.

"We know how important it is for today’s travelers to stay connected, whether they’re on the road for business or leisure, so we are pleased to offer an HD webcam that simplifies video calling and sharing videos on the go," said Joerg Tewes, vice president and general manager of Logitech’s consumer video business unit. "The Logitech HD Webcam C615 is designed for maximum flexibility no matter what your needs may be, with the equipment necessary for HD recordings right in the box and easy-to-use editing features for both Mac and PC users."

Other features include built-in autofocus, built-in microphone, software-enhanced 8MP snapshots, face-recognition login, and Logitech Video Effects.

The C615 is available now for $80.
  • | Post Points: 80
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 261
Points 2,555

Convenient design, practical function. I don't have a need to this, but I know a few higher ups at my workplace who would love this. Thanks!

Never stop learning... until you're dead.

Jack of all trades, master of none.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 231
Points 3,280
PFeenstra replied on Tue, Jun 14 2011 3:47 PM

Yeah I'd be on the market for something like this.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 467
Points 3,710

Again I will say Logitech quality puts this in front and at $80 that's hard to beat.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,809
Points 18,105

I must say?.....isnt there an app for that?"

Seriously are people still buying these, when there should be a way to use your Iphone/smartphone linked to your PC to act as a webcam!.....

Or did I just come up with another inovation that others can exploit:P

Intel Core i7-875K Quad
Asetek 510LC 120MM
4GB Kingston Hyper-X DDR-3
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro
CyberPower 800 PSU
Kingston 64GB SSD 
2 Hitachi 1-TB HDD'S
FirePro V8800
8X Blu-Ray DVD±R/±RW
HPw2207 22" LCD
Cintiq 21UX
CoolerMaster 690II Advance
Win 7 Pro 64 bit
Special thanks to HotHardware.com!
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,120
Points 12,940

"I don't know about frequently carrying a web cam in my pocket nor carrying one at all. There are plenty of cheap laptops and netbooks with webcams these days. I look at this model as a great webcam with a great quality image and lots of features, nothing more.

-Optimus

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS