Samsung Infuse 4G Smartphone Review

rated by 0 users
This post has 17 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,693
Points 1,156,570
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Wed, Jun 1 2011 12:34 PM
AT&T continues to flesh out their 4G capable smartphone offerings with a device that some might consider a "superphone," as the term has been coined recently. Take a goosed-up, Samsung Hummingbird processor at 1.2GHz, drop in Samsung's gorgeous and gargantuan 4.5-inch Super AMOLED Plus display, power it with Android 2.2 (Froyo) along with a few tweaks of Samsung' s handset UI and you have what's affectionately known as the Samsung Infuse 4G.  We go hands-on in our full review...

• | Post Points: 200
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 510
Points 4,700

Nice, but this is going to get destroyed by the EVO 3d in almost every area.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Points 170

Just sent this review to my brother who's been thinking about this phone since you guys announced it a while back.. I love my Vibrant and most importantly tmo's hspda+ (when it works) but i'm not sold on at&t's coverage/speed currently.. not happy about this buyout either ;(

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 15
Holdin replied on Wed, Jun 1 2011 1:36 PM

I just switched to this phone from the iPhone and the infuse is fantastic. This review it spot on.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,081
Points 38,055
acarzt replied on Wed, Jun 1 2011 1:53 PM

A 4.5" screen is way too big for a cell phone. I think even the 4" screen on my Samsung Focus is pushing it. I couldn't imagine going any bigger on something that is supposed to be in your pocket.

Also, vendors need to start putting 2.3 on more stuff!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,537
Points 54,400
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Wed, Jun 1 2011 3:34 PM

Glad you like the article, folks! And agreed, Gingerbread would have been nice, acartz.

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,763
Points 40,465

Thanks for the review, been looking for a new phone in the coming months to switch over to. Kinda got bored of my iPhone so looking to switch to an android. This looks pretty nice. Not sure if its a bit big for me or not, the iphone is perfect size so far.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 467
Points 3,710

Kind of reminds me of my Captivate. I hear people are having problems with 2.2 update I am going to stay at 2.1.

Glad to read battery life is better.

In your opinion Dave is the build quality better than the Captivate?

Cant wait to read your review of the Galaxy S 2.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,537
Points 54,400
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Wed, Jun 1 2011 8:16 PM

Heya TBird, The Infuse 4G is a styled and built like a lot of phones in Samsung's Galaxy/Captivate line. The build quality is good but the materials are very light-weight. I personally prefer a heavier-built phone but some folks will really like how light the phone is. Get a good protective case and you should be good to go.

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

Good review. I am really sick of my iPhone 4, because it is so boring. I will either get this or the HTC Inspire.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 207
Points 1,515
pwrntspd replied on Wed, Jun 1 2011 11:09 PM

So yeah samsung makes good phones, but when it pushes the boundaries between phone and tablet...eh. I dont like phones that i have to squeeze into my pocket. Sure it makes for a good experience but at that size...a bit ridiculous.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,865
Points 29,630

The only issue I have found with Samsung is they are really slow to push out updates. I got the 2.2 update from HTC for my EVO about 3 months before it was available for my wife's Samsung phone.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,814
Points 45,635
rapid1 replied on Thu, Jun 2 2011 10:35 AM

I will say this from personal experience. This phone has an exceptionally nice screen on it. I went to Att to check out there service contracts (which for me is the cheapest over anyone but not with unlimited data and call minutes which I don't really need) This phone is quite incredible to look at and the display was hands down better than anything I have seen yet.

MB:ASUS Z87C
CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 4770 ***
GPU:Geforce GTX 770 4GB
Mem:***ingston 16384MB RAM
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 15
nir replied on Fri, Jun 3 2011 4:53 AM

Wow.... Samsung Infuse 4G Smartphone is the best mobile phone.  I like it.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,370
Points 30,935
rrplay replied on Sun, Jun 5 2011 10:48 AM

On first initialmpression i might think that the screen is a bit too big for me personally but I do think that the bigger screen real estate would be a boon for some users as well as having rather decent photo and vid performance. What I like about the review as well was seeing how acceptable the HD vid was . The screen looks great as well.

"Don't Panic ! 'cause HH got's your back!"

Not Ranked
Posts 15
Points 125

I'm a T-Mobile customer and I have an old Blackberry 8900. Its time for an upgrade and I'm at a crossroads whether to choose a HTC Sensation or the Samsung Galaxy II!!! Nowadays its all about how fast the processor is, how gorgeous the display is, .....just like comparing computers!!! Ugghhhhh and the tech keeps changing so fast that the phone becomes outdated so soon.......

Not Ranked
Posts 33
Points 265

I like the design and form factor... However... Those Samsung AMOLED screens really mess with me. White looks blue to me and that was the main reason I didn't get the epic and went with the EVO. I'm really happy with my EVO and look forward to checking out the EVO3D looks like HTC has their finger close to the pulse of society.

p.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
KZumbro replied on Sat, Sep 24 2011 11:22 AM

I just have to say, I had the Samsung Captivate and switched to the Infuse. I LOVE it! The display is unbelievably awesome! And quite honestly, the size isn't really THAT noticeable once you have had a phone the size of the Captivate anyways. Don't get me wrong, I loved my Captivate, but this Infuse is by far the best phone I have ever had! My husband has the Iphone, and he constantly jokes that I have a mini A-Pad. But he keeps asking, "Hey, let me see your phone for a minute."........I am sure he will be getting one soon! LOL!

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS