AMD 990FX-Based Asus CrossHair V Formula Sneak Peek

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,354
Points 1,191,515
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, May 30 2011 3:29 PM

A few weeks back, NVIDIA broke the news that official SLI support was coming to some future AMD chipset-based motherboards. And the first of those ‘boards has arrived in the HH labs, the Asus CrossHair V Formula.

The Asus CrossHair line of motherboards for AMD processors has long been a favorite amongst enthusiast and this latest addition seems poised to carry on the tradition. The CrossHair V Formula is based on the brand new AMD 990FX chipset, which support all current socket AM3 processors and future AM3+ based processors as well.

The Asus CrossHair V Formula AM3+ AMD 990FX-Based Motherboard

The Crosshair V Formula will also support both 3-Way NVDIA SLI and AMD CrossFireX multi-GPU configurations, USB 3.0, SATA 6G all around, and the board sports an advanced UEFI BIOS and DIGI+ VRM design as well. As expected from an Asus RoG (Republic of Gamers) board, there are plenty of overclocking tools built in too and an onboard SupremeFX X-Fi 2 chip delivers solid audio, especially for an integrated solution.

In addition to the CrossHair V Formula pictured here, a Thunderbolt edition is on tap as well. The Crosshair V Formula/ThunderBolt will come with Asus’ ThunderBolt audio/LAN combo expansion card. The ThunderBolt card is outfitted with XONAR audio technology which provides better sound quality than integrated solutions, and also offers a built-in headphone amplifier with adjustable impedance settings for fine tuning of the audio output. The Crosshair V Formula/Thunderbolt also incorporates the Bigfoot Networks Killer E2100 NIC.

We’ve got an AMD 990FX chipset-based motherboard round-up in the works now and will have more details with a full performance profile posted in the weeks ahead.

• | Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Posts 84
Points 960

impressive =)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 436
Points 3,395
LLeCompte replied on Tue, May 31 2011 12:57 AM

very nice, hopefully its in full swing in 3 years when its time for me to upgrade.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 654
Points 5,945
mhenriday replied on Tue, May 31 2011 1:12 PM

AMD 990FX chipset-based motherboards are all very well, but when, o when, will Bulldozer make it to the market ?...

Henri

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,686
Points 104,335
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Tue, May 31 2011 1:57 PM

mhenriday:
when, o when, will Bulldozer make it to the market

Rumor has it that it's been delayed for months again. Was gonna be June 16TH.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 324
Points 4,305

realneil:

I hope not...I think it will come out in June , All the Motherboard Giants have already announced their Line Up!!

Here's a chance to win One Of three Asus 990/FX boards On FaceBook, including the recently previewed Crossfire V Formula!

http://www.facebook.com/asus.n.america?sk=app_118013178283887

Edit: My Badd...I meant the "Crosshair" V Formula

i7-950@3.8 + Asus Sabertooth X58+ CM692 Advanced+ 6GB A-Data Gaming DDR3@1600

ATI Radeon 6870+ 1TB Hitachi HD+ 750w Modular PSU + Asetek Liquid Cooler + DigitalStorm PC  

YesThanks To HotHardware.ComYes

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,686
Points 104,335
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Tue, May 31 2011 11:34 PM

SammyHayabuza:
Edit: My Badd...I meant the "Crosshair" V Formula

Now you're splitting hairs!    Yuk-Yuk!  Big Smile

Too bad so many contests are tied to Facebook.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Not Ranked
Posts 324
Points 4,305

realneil:
Now you're splitting hairs!    Yuk-Yuk!  Big Smile

LOL

realneil:
Too bad so many contests are tied to Facebook.

Actually, Its quite cool, I've won many cool prizes because of facebook, including here @ HH, Facebook is has been phenomenal!!

realneil:

I Believe you...I think that you can call it official, everyone is reviewing the 990FX AM3+ boards with Phenom Processors! This Sucks..And its boring..Who cares if it support Sli and its compatible with Phenom, I want to see BullDozer in Action!!

i7-950@3.8 + Asus Sabertooth X58+ CM692 Advanced+ 6GB A-Data Gaming DDR3@1600

ATI Radeon 6870+ 1TB Hitachi HD+ 750w Modular PSU + Asetek Liquid Cooler + DigitalStorm PC  

YesThanks To HotHardware.ComYes

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,686
Points 104,335
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Wed, Jun 1 2011 11:33 PM

SammyHayabuza:
everyone is reviewing the 990FX AM3+ boards with Phenom Processors! This Sucks..And its boring..Who cares if it support Sli and its compatible with Phenom, I want to see BullDozer in Action!

If it's not ready for release, then they shouldn't release it.

They have a lot of people just waiting for this, and if it somehow flops, it will damage their reputation. So, I can wait for it as long as it takes to get the best product.

Oh,....and it's Facebook that draws huge vacuum.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS