Sony hacked for the fourth (or fifth?) time..

rated by 0 users
This post has 15 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,715
3vi1 Posted: Sat, May 21 2011 10:15 AM

Phishing site running on Sony's servers:

http://www.f-secure.com/weblog/archives/00002160.html

How are you feeling about removing Linux and antagonising hackers now, Sony?

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,650
Points 104,110
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Sat, May 21 2011 8:13 PM

So this is another, totally unrelated to all of the original hacks, hack?

I'll bet that they feel a lot like the prisoner who dropped the soap in the shower right now.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,715
3vi1 replied on Mon, May 23 2011 6:45 AM

realneil:

So this is another, totally unrelated to all of the original hacks, hack?

I'll bet that they feel a lot like the prisoner who dropped the soap in the shower right now.

Yep... it was another unrelated hack.

Oh, and by the  way Sony's been hacked for a sixth time:  This time it's Sony Music Greece's servers that got pwned by a simple SQL Injection attack - http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2011/05/22/sony-bmg-greece-the-latest-hacked-sony-site/

I don't see this ending any time soon.

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,650
Points 104,110
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Mon, May 23 2011 11:01 AM

3vi1:
I don't see this ending any time soon.

3vi1:
Yep... it was another unrelated hack.

3vi1:
Sony's been hacked for a sixth time: pwned by a simple SQL Injection attack

I'm beginning to think that their board members think that they're invincible or something. Are their Tech guys telling them about all of this activity? I just can't imagine why, at this point, Sony hasn't sent a memo out to all of the 'little Sony's' of the world to "pull up your knickers, because your shiny, white bottom is hanging out!"

I wonder what it feels like to have SQL Injected into your secret spots?

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 754
Points 8,520
LBowen replied on Mon, May 23 2011 11:21 AM

Crying  This is getting out of hand!  All of those hackers should leave Britney..I mean Sony alone!! Crying

"I have the power!!"

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 843
Points 9,155

^haha

This is seriously getting out of hand. Sony doesn't have any of my financial info so I'm just going to ride this one out and hopefully they take a hint and fix things! I don't know why they have the mentality that they are the best, they have serious competition in everything they make. In fact I've chosen other brands for everything except my ps3. Get off your high horse!!!

Now you're just mashing it!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Tue, May 24 2011 12:09 PM

LBowen:

Crying  This is getting out of hand!  All of those hackers should leave Britney..I mean Sony alone!! Crying

Hacker: Nope, not gonna happen!

And this is happening after Sony fixed their servers, guess they got a lot more work to do to win back the trust of consumers since a phishing site on your own servers usually does not do good things for a corporate image.

"The future starts with you; now start posting more!"

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,650
Points 104,110
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Tue, May 24 2011 12:20 PM

The latest hit was just in Japan. Smile

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,381
Points 31,040
rrplay replied on Sun, May 29 2011 4:13 PM

mmm ..I wonder if the free injection is a bonus or part of the Sony Rewards program.

"Don't Panic ! 'cause HH got's your back!"

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,715
3vi1 replied on Sat, Jun 4 2011 11:05 AM

Sony hacked, seventh time:  This time it was Sony Pictures

"Sony stored over 1,000,000 passwords of its customers in plaintext," says the hackers' press release,

http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/web/06/03/sony.pictures.hacked.mashable/index.html?hpt=te_bn11

(Was it worth altering the deal, Darth Sony?)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,650
Points 104,110
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Sat, Jun 4 2011 11:46 AM

What I thought at first was casual arrogance, seems to have turned out to be blatant stupidity on Sony's part.

We have to consider that they may have certainly have people running their servers that just don't know how to protect them!

So more of user's personal data goes viral across the web, but I still hear people saying that they can't wait to get back to playing on their network.

It reminds me of an old song, by Ian Dury & The Blockheads - "Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick!" where he's screaming, Hit Me! over and over,......

Hit Me Sony!!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 754
Points 8,520
LBowen replied on Sat, Jun 4 2011 1:31 PM

There is a game that I really wanted to play too and it is only available off the PSN network for $14.99.  Maybe I'll use a prepaid card for their service so I can get it and protect myself from fraud; either that or hope they release it for PC which is unlikely (Wizardry Labyrinth of Lost Souls).

"I have the power!!"

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 271
Points 3,015

don't worry LBowen the hackers will have that game on bit torret befor long free 2 play

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 271
Points 3,015

ah Sony have a hacking good time just $14.00 dollars a month

all jokes aside my hart goes out to all who have accounts with Sony and really want to play .looks like you have a long road

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 271
Points 3,015

rrplay:

mmm ..I wonder if the free injection is a bonus or part of the Sony Rewards program.

it's a two for Tuesday deal lol.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,381
Points 31,040
rrplay replied on Sun, Jun 5 2011 2:12 PM

dadodgeson:

all jokes aside my hart goes out to all who have accounts with Sony and really want to play .looks like you have a long road

good comment dadogeson !  exactly & very well put Yes Could be a pita for some [ let's say some soccer-moms ] that already have a Sony Cards or some  that play with the Sony  Reward programs. The security issues at Sony are def getting the publicity that is just not good. The previous implementations that have been revealed is just lame & totally inept.So when I read the media spin that's craftily made in response about how important their customers are and thanking for them for patience and understanding >> one reads that even account passwords are in plain text ?

geeez

"Don't Panic ! 'cause HH got's your back!"

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS