Digital Storm's Enix Gaming System Reviewed

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,836
Points 1,169,740
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Wed, May 4 2011 2:16 PM

Digital Storm's Enix Gaming System ReviewedIt's been a busy spring for OEMs, and Digital Storm is no exception. Earlier this year, Intel was forced to suspend shipments of Sandy Bridge's accompanying Cougar Point chipset while it fixed a design flaw. This, in turn, left both system OEMs and retail motherboard vendors no choice but to suspend/delay their own Sandy Bridge-based products. Now the market is awash with product refreshes, making it more difficult than ever for any one product to stand out from the crowd. Digital Storm's new Enix appears to pull it off nicely, however, at a (relatively) cheap price compared to many of the boutique systems we've reviewed in the past 18 months.

Digital Storm's Enix Gaming System Reviewed

• | Post Points: 140
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,573
Points 103,135
MembershipAdministrator

It would be good to offer this thing as the next giveaway here at HH, but only if I win it.

I like the case design, but probably would prefer just one of those GTX-580's in there to tame the thermals a bit.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 843
Points 9,155

Great review Joel. I really like the silverstone case except for the slim dvd player requirement and the hard drive placement. They need some air movement around those drives, especially with wd blacks. Great performance in a sleek package, very nice.

anandtech does a nice review of the case.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4294/silverstone-ft03-nothing-else-like-it

Now you're just mashing it!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,780
Points 40,550

On the power consumption tables the color table is wrong :), peak is light blue and it says green.

Case looks NICE in looks, yet there is something pulling me away from it, maybe its the wide design on it.

Thanks for the review loved read it as much as i want it :)

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 509
Points 3,965

I would agree about the FT-03, not completely sold. I'm still waiting for one of their subzero systems to get a nice spotlight.

CPU: e6400 @ 3.2 (H-50'd)
MB: MSI p6n
RAM: 4G adata
GPU: GTS-450 and 8800GTS for Physx
HDD: WD 500G Black
PSU: 620W Corsair  Mod.
Case: 900-2 with 7 cathodes and AP-15s

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,070
Points 11,570
Joel H replied on Wed, May 4 2011 11:46 PM

Hrm. Thanks to those of you that pointed out the color oddity between the graph legend and the graph. I'll get fresh versions uploaded as soon as I've figured out how to make it not do that.

For those of you that might be confused, the lighter blue line *is* correctly colored, it's the legend that's mis-displaying.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,087
Points 11,005
CDeeter replied on Thu, May 5 2011 11:24 AM

I would have to agree that they pushed this one a little too close to the edge.

How many of us have spent the night playing a game only to look up and see the sun rising? With the thermals this systems has would it make it till morning? Or does Furmark just beat up on systems that badly?

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,372
Points 30,960
rrplay replied on Fri, May 6 2011 7:05 AM

nice review and like the power saving with this one. not a problem to get stability with this rig with a bit of compromise on the OC. Still not a big fan of slim-line optical on the SS chassis.The SS chassis is a deal breaker for me on this pre built. too much money spent when a better selection of chassis would be a better match for the hardware.

"Don't Panic ! 'cause HH got's your back!"

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 758
Points 10,695
eunoia replied on Sun, May 8 2011 2:31 AM

...pending.

Not Ranked
Posts 27
Points 420
DSylvander replied on Sun, Jun 19 2011 10:30 AM

I find myself again and again checking out the Digital Storm site...it's lust-worthy. That said, actually pulling the trigger on a pro-build is difficult. I can't, not build myself...but if money were no object or time was short-these systems are sweet!

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS