Microsoft Confirms: IE9 Final Version Coming March 14th

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,744
Points 1,210,040
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Mar 11 2011 3:09 AM
Are you ready for a "more beautiful web?" It's coming soon, according to Microsoft. The company who invented Internet Explorer is nearly ready to release the finalized version of IE9, and Microsoft has just officially announced that it will launch to consumers on March 14th. That's during SXSW, a festival in central Texas that's becoming more and more Internet-focused. March 14th marks the 1-year anniversary of the IE9 Platform Preview, and the browser has definitely matured in those 12 months. The download will be available starting at 9PM PT on the 14th, so set your clocks.

Will you be downloading the final release of IE9? Have you been using the beta? Are you a Firefox or Chrome convert who will soon be willing to give IE9 another try? Let us know!

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,849
Points 45,900
rapid1 replied on Fri, Mar 11 2011 12:12 PM

I must say they have actually done quite well on IE9 from what I have seen, as of course I have been on Beta for quite some time now. Of course I use IE9(Beta to current version), Firefox 4 (also Beta on Vrs. 8 I think now), and Chrome (which is Google so it's alway in beta pretty much). I have to say I use them all for separate thing's, but I have been kind of surprised by IE9, there are some good things in there. So I will grab the release when it hit's looking for a bit more polish, but overall surprisingly to me somewhat I might add is pretty darn good.

ASUS Z87C
i7-4770K
Xonar DGX
Intel Gigabit CT
Geforce GTX 770 4GB
G.Skill X1600/1754 2x8GB 7/8/8/24
  • | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 324
Points 4,305

I normally use Firefox..and I love it. I ditched explorer years ago and I only use it to check how my websites looks under it, as well as, Chrome and Safari too. I like Chrome second best after Firefox... I use a lot of great add-ons and I keep seeing more useful ones everyday.

I cant see myself using anything else (primarily) but I'll definitely give IE9 a try.

i7-950@3.8 + Asus Sabertooth X58+ CM692 Advanced+ 6GB A-Data Gaming DDR3@1600

ATI Radeon 6870+ 1TB Hitachi HD+ 750w Modular PSU + Asetek Liquid Cooler + DigitalStorm PC  

YesThanks To HotHardware.ComYes

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 568
Points 5,155

Firefox is my primary, with Chrome being a distant secondary. However, I am planning on updating IE since there are some places on the web that you just need it. MS sites, my bank, etc.

Plus I figure if your going to have IE installed, even if you don't use it, make sure it is the most current and up to date version.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 467
Points 3,710

Is this the famous version that was hacked in 5 seconds?

I think I will pass

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,054
Points 60,735
3vi1 replied on Sat, Mar 12 2011 12:36 PM

I'm sure I've made this comment about IE9 and security before, but I will say it again:

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me nine times, I must have a learning disability.

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS