Second Generation iPad Launch Imminent, Best Buy Prepares

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,676
Points 1,155,745
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Wed, Mar 2 2011 10:06 AM
Quick! There's still time to list your first generation iPad tablet on eBay or Craigslist before its value crashes faster than Lindsey Lohan's career. That's assuming Apple really is getting ready to unveil the iPad 2 at a press event later today, and every indication suggests it's going to happen. Even Best Buy has reportedly taken steps to prepare for the new tablet.

MacRumors posted photos "from a Best Buy source" that shows the first generation iPad as having its inventory status changed to "deleted." You can still purchase an iPad from Best Buy stores, both online and in brick-and-mortar locations, but if the photos are real, it doesn't look like the electronics chain will be replenishing its stock.

The iPad 2, or whatever Apple ends up calling it, will supposedly bring Apple's tablet up to par with other recent and soon-to-be-released slates, like the Xoom (Motorola), PlayBook (RIM), and TouchPad (Hewlett-Packard). Past rumors and leaked photos indicate the iPad 2 will ship with a faster processor, more memory, burlier graphics, a thinner and lighter chassis, and at least one built-in camera (front-facing with FaceTime support).

Stay tuned, we'll have more on this story once the press event kicks off later today.
  • | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,814
Points 45,635
rapid1 replied on Wed, Mar 2 2011 10:40 AM

I think that really just like with everything else Apples competition is steep. For the last years in Slate type devices they have not had any real competition. They have in the smart phone market in which case they have been shown to loose a noticeable amount of the market, this is especially true as the myriad of Android devices have gotten better and better.

The slate market is still maturing everywhere else at a slow rate compared. So they may have room to keep a greater portion of that share in this device type. If this device is not a decent refresh that seems questionable somewhat. Of course as I sated earlier the Android slates although multiple in numbers are not in a large part at least from the big boys even on the market. So right now the only real competition is the ZOOM.

MB:ASUS Z87C
CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 4770 ***
GPU:Geforce GTX 770 4GB
Mem:***ingston 16384MB RAM
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,083
Points 10,970
CDeeter replied on Wed, Mar 2 2011 12:04 PM

I still don't get why these devices are twice the price of netbooks. If they were $4-500 ok, but $6-800 is way too much for what you are getting. A lot of really nice laptops live in that price range.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 988
Points 10,620
coolice replied on Wed, Mar 2 2011 12:46 PM

I dunno man... how can PC ever beat this?? (sarcasm)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,083
Points 10,970
CDeeter replied on Wed, Mar 2 2011 12:54 PM

lol...yeah it's pretty.....but at least on the pc you have the choice to put that many icons on your desktop.....lol

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,083
Points 10,970
CDeeter replied on Wed, Mar 2 2011 1:05 PM

Steve jobs is there. Looks thin.

Not Ranked
Posts 48
Points 435
RMedley replied on Wed, Mar 2 2011 2:19 PM

OK; that was ridiculous, so the iPad 2 is the same with some new accessories, comes in black or white, and on At&t or Verizon. So basically nothing has happened here, but of course an over hyped App look what we have now conference, for a device that we already had (oh now in 2 colors)?

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,083
Points 10,970
CDeeter replied on Wed, Mar 2 2011 2:39 PM

Yeah basically, now has A5 processor, thinner (which I guess is impressive), and cameras front and back. No SD slot, no USB, no retina display, same price - yawn.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
TTrading replied on Tue, Jun 12 2012 3:20 AM

Extraordinary work you folks are doing with this webpage.

ipad touch

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS