[Help: Solved] I won an ipad 16gb wifi only in a work raffle draw

rated by 0 users
This post has 16 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 988
Points 10,620
coolice Posted: Wed, Feb 16 2011 10:15 AM

So,

Lucky me (sarcasm), i won the ipad... though i really wanted the mac mini which was first prize in a draw at work today. (has more use, and i need an upgrade any new computer will do, HH sweepstakes, i'm counting on you haha)

apart from that complaint, i have no other complains haha, So i'm wondering what to do with it... but there are a few problems:

1) I probably cant sell it. its a small place i work in, and the manager really wants to see us happy etc, meaning, if i sell it, it'll probably crush her heart.

2) i dont think i can sell it... dammit.

3) No i'm not going to be a philanthropist and give it to one of you guys haha

-I'm thinking of donating it to a library in exchange for no fines for like a year, i think that would be great, though the possibility of that is very slim, depends on the librarian haha.

So, ideas, suggestions?

PS with my horrible luck with the few free things i've received.... i will NOT open this box, unless my life depended on it.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 168
Points 2,815
4hams replied on Wed, Feb 16 2011 10:23 AM

coolice:

So,

Lucky me (sarcasm), i won the ipad... though i really wanted the imac which was first prize in a draw at work today. (has more use, and i need an upgrade any new computer will do, HH sweepstakes, i'm counting on you haha)

apart from that complaint, i have no other complains haha, So i'm wondering what to do with it... but there are a few problems:

1) I probably cant sell it. its a small place i work in, and the manager really wants to see us happy etc, meaning, if i sell it, it'll probably crush her heart.

2) i dont think i can sell it... dammit.

3) No i'm not going to be a philanthropist and give it to one of you guys haha

-I'm thinking of donating it to a library in exchange for no fines for like a year, i think that would be great, though the possibility of that is very slim, depends on the librarian haha.

So, ideas, suggestions?

PS with my horrible luck with the few free things i've received.... i will NOT open this box, unless my life depended on it.

Congrats on the win!  Nice little gadget I am sure.

Why not take it too work and just surf the net all day?  Big Smile Tell the boss it makes you happy using it at work.  

i7 920 @ 4.1
ASUS P6X58D Premium
G.SKILL DDR3 2000
PATRIOT INFERNO 100GB OCZ Vertex 60GB 
HD 5850 1GB GDDR5
Seasonic 80 PLUS GOLD X-SERIES 750W
CORSAIR H50 Push/Pull
HP 19" f1905b
Windows 7 PRO 64Bit
CM STORM SNIPER (Black Edition)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 988
Points 10,620
coolice replied on Wed, Feb 16 2011 10:36 AM
Congrats on the win! Nice little gadget I am sure. Why not take it too work and just surf the net all day? Tell the boss it makes you happy using it at work.
Ahaha, I do that already on the computer at work!! the ipad would actually get me into trouble haha.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,861
Points 24,255
digitaldd replied on Wed, Feb 16 2011 10:45 AM

Congrats its a nice prize. Find some free games in the app store which have been optimized for the Pad and use it. I know cut the rope and angry birds are both addicting. And I'm a big fan of ghosts n zombies [GnZ].

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 988
Points 10,620
coolice replied on Wed, Feb 16 2011 10:57 AM
Congrats its a nice prize. Find some free games in the app store which have been optimized for the Pad and use it. I know cut the rope and angry birds are both addicting. And I'm a big fan of ghosts n zombies [GnZ].
Thanks.. but still, apart from those games which i'll play for about 5 days, after that i absolutely have No use for the device whatsoever that i can think of.... I'll think of something haha, perhaps donate it to another charity or something for their raffle.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,439
Points 102,180
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Wed, Feb 16 2011 11:07 AM

Just take it back to her and tell her that you feel you'll never get the proper use from it because you're uncomfortable with the screen size. (insert alternate excuses here)

Tell her that you appreciate winning, but you don't think that you'll use it to good advantage and that she should gift it to another office soul, or let you donate it to a local charity as a prize for one of their fundraisers. (that's a nice tax exemption for you if you need one)

Emphasize how lucky you were to get it and how guilty you would feel for not using it. Explain that you just had to be honest with her. Honesty does it every time.

Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.

(Mark Twain)

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 988
Points 10,620
coolice replied on Wed, Feb 16 2011 11:42 AM
Just take it back to her and tell her that you feel you'll never get the proper use from it because you're uncomfortable with the screen size. (insert alternate excuses here) Tell her that you appreciate winning, but you don't think that you'll use it to good advantage and that she should gift it to another office soul, or let you donate it to a local charity as a prize for one of their fundraisers. (that's a nice tax exemption for you if you need one) Emphasize how lucky you were to get it and how guilty you would feel for not using it. Explain that you just had to be honest with her. Honesty does it every time.
Hmm, i think that sounds about right.... I'll get the device physically in about 7 hours, so i'll do that if i cannot find another alternative, a charity that i like etc. thanks RealNeil, boy i'm glad your not fakeneil... a bad joke, i know.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,439
Points 102,180
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Wed, Feb 16 2011 12:41 PM

Or just send it to *me*

Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.

(Mark Twain)

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 988
Points 10,620
coolice replied on Wed, Feb 16 2011 12:59 PM

realneil:

Or just send it to *me*

Refer to problem numero 3 in the first post realneil haha

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,439
Points 102,180
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Wed, Feb 16 2011 1:15 PM

I was kidding,.....*really*.

(Mark Twain)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,371
Points 80,285

Maybe give it to a childrens hospital or elderly care center around you. 

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."

Z77 GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER

GIGABYTE GTX670

G.Skill Ripjaws X 16gb PC2133

Antec P280

Corsair H100

Asus Blu-ray burner

Seasonic X650 PSU

Patriot Pyro 128gb SSD

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 988
Points 10,620
coolice replied on Wed, Feb 16 2011 5:21 PM

ROFL.... My Boss gave it to me right now,

Guys, you wouldnt believe this...

its a damn iPOD Nano, 16gb..... i joked with her and told her, that the raffle said iPad... she lol'd and apologized to get my hopes up.

When she was walking over... i was thinking... oh, thats a tiny box, and low and behold. Anyway

iPOD makes sense, i can give it to my old man, he complains about the creative zen micro with a CF mod cause the hdd failed a couple of years ago. This should make him happy.

Thanks for the responses!!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,439
Points 102,180
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Wed, Feb 16 2011 5:36 PM

SmileCryingCryingBroken Heart

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

(Mark Twain)

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 988
Points 10,620
coolice replied on Wed, Feb 16 2011 5:40 PM

realneil:

SmileCryingCryingBroken Heart

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

My horrible luck doesnt seem to leave me... 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,439
Points 102,180
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Wed, Feb 16 2011 7:21 PM

What's horrible?

You won something that will make someone else happy when you give it to them.

Your Dad will be stoked about it I'm sure, so even if it's something that you can't use, it's something that you can USE to his benefit.

Not bad for a free gift.

(Mark Twain)

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 988
Points 10,620
coolice replied on Wed, Feb 16 2011 7:45 PM

Yes  Your right!!  but i meant, expectations were toyed with haha... when you tell someone... Hey man, congrats, you've won tickets to a concert for U2.... They're amazing, level 100 seats!.

And next thing you realize, level 100's are the nosebleed sections behind a piller. But your right, theres someone out there who'd appreciate those!! I know my old man will be stoked

vs

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 168
Points 2,815
4hams replied on Sun, Feb 20 2011 7:50 PM

Looks like everyone is happy in the end! 

i7 920 @ 4.1
ASUS P6X58D Premium
G.SKILL DDR3 2000
PATRIOT INFERNO 100GB OCZ Vertex 60GB 
HD 5850 1GB GDDR5
Seasonic 80 PLUS GOLD X-SERIES 750W
CORSAIR H50 Push/Pull
HP 19" f1905b
Windows 7 PRO 64Bit
CM STORM SNIPER (Black Edition)

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS