Razer Reveals DeathAdder Black USB Gaming Mouse

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,378
Points 1,192,205
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Jan 28 2011 12:18 AM
Razer's specialty is gaming mice. The company kicked things off with a bang years ago by launching the BoomSlang, and at this point, they've created more mice than we care to count. This week, they're launching yet another new mousing device in the DeathAdder Black Edition. It's an update to the original DeathAdder, which was actually launched way back in 2006 (if you can believe it!). Five years later, it's time for an update. And the Black Edition is that update.

Razer is releasing this model as a commemoration of this anniversary, with the new model simplifying the design with a non-slip rubber side, complete black finish, 3500dpi 3.5G infrared sensor, 1000hz Ultrapolling with 1ms response time, 5 Hypereponse buttons, and On-the-Fly sensitivity adjustment. It'll sell for $59.99 when it ships worldwide next month, and for those in need of a wireless option, you'll need to look somewhere else; this one ships with a 7ft. USB connector.

Introducing the Razer™ DeathAdder Black Edition

– A Tribute to your Gaming Domination

Razer Launches Special All-Black Version of the DeathAdder

Carlsbad, Calif. – Jan. 27th, 2011 – In 2006, the world of gaming was taken by storm when the Razer DeathAdder was unleashed.  Those who wielded it crushed their opponents with ease, and it became synonymous with gaming excellence.  Now, five years on, the DeathAdder is used by more professional gamers than any other gaming mouse, a testament to its prowess in securing them legendary status in the history of competitive gaming.  Razer released the Black Edition as a commemoration of this glorious collaboration between every single gamer and their never-failing, trusty DeathAdder.

“The DeathAdder legacy is something we’re immensely proud of here at Razer,” said Min-Liang Tan, CEO and Creative Director, Razer.  “We set out five years ago to create the most ergonomically perfect mouse; conducting extensive research which spanned thousands of simulations and models.  We even obsessed down to a micro-angle of the profile’s curvature.  The result is a mouse that becomes an extension of the gamer’s hand, the ultimate device for gaming precision.  We’re releasing the DeathAdder Black Edition to celebrate every gamer’s victory and every satisfaction thanks to its exceptionally precise design.”

The Black Edition simplifies the DeathAdder’s form factor design with new non-slip rubber sides for the most comfortable grip and best handling over extended gaming periods.  Its complete-black finish is an aesthetic sight to behold, and a gamer’s show of loyalty to a legacy of ownage.

About the Razer DeathAdder Black Edition

The Razer DeathAdder Black Edition pays tribute to a legacy built on precision and ergonomics, promising gamers the utmost comfort when delivering winning blows during competition.  A familiar and highly ergonomic profile, 3500dpi 3.5G infrared sensor, 1000hz Ultrapolling with 1ms response time, 5 Hypereponse buttons, and On-the-Fly sensitivity adjustment all wrapped in a sleek pitch-black finish makes this the essential mouse for any discerning gamer.

Price: US $59.99 / EU €59.99

Availability:
Razerzone.com – Now
Worldwide – February 2011

Product Features:

* Ergonomic right-handed design
    * 3500dpi Razer Precision 3.5G infrared sensor
    * 1000Hz Ultrapolling / 1ms response
    * 5 independently programmable Hyperesponse buttons
    * On-the-Fly Sensitivity adjustments
    * 60 – 120 inches per second and 15g of acceleration
    * Zero-acoustic Razer gaming grade Ultraslick mouse feet
    * Gold-plated USB connector
    * 7-ft lightweight, braided fiber cable
    * Side Grip with Non-Slip Rubber Coating
    * Approx. size in mm: 128(L) x 70(w) x 42.5(h)

For more information about the Razer DeathAdder Black Edition, please visit www.razerzone.com/deathadder-be
  • | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,626
Points 55,210
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Fri, Jan 28 2011 10:48 AM

Heh the names crack me up... Oh let's add some death, a lil pinch here and there. Nice.

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 134
Points 1,975
Resin replied on Fri, Jan 28 2011 3:29 PM

If they're really calling it the DeathAdder they should try to make it a little more brutal. All black is a decent start, but how about a few spikes or blades sticking out or something, that would be brutal.

$60 dollars for a mouse seems a little excesive to me, maybe that's the point though. Anyone play using a gaming mouse? Is their truly a noticible difference? Is it only on certain types of games?  Or are people just paying to have a cooler looking mouse?

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 52
Points 500

Yes gaming mice especially by them are worth the $60+, I have the Lachesis Phantom white laser mouse and is very accurate noticeably so over regular mice. I live by Razer mice!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,687
Points 104,340
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Fri, Jan 28 2011 8:46 PM

Resin:
how about a few spikes or blades sticking out or something, that would be brutal.

Yeah!  Or maybe a "Diabetic Death Adder" series that has spikes that cut you and then it does a blood sugar test on you to see if you're really gonna kick the bucket soon! But it LIES to you to get you to keep playing!

Wilted FlowerWheee!Wilted Flower  (it could come with an electronic little man on your shoulder that tells you to "just ignore that feeling that you're about to collapse into a coma because you're about to frag that guy!!")

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 988
Points 10,635
coolice replied on Sat, Jan 29 2011 4:51 PM

Your right on this one dave... i always have a laugh with my friends who buy some of the gaming mice... "did you increase your apm by adding death"

i know it doesnt sound funny on this post... but say it in a very sarcastic humourous way, its always fun haha.

I had a lachesis mouse... great device. Had to sell it to my friend... the blue light at night time just annoyed the hell out of me when watching movies in the dark and such.

Realneil... i actually laughed at that comment hahah, though thats not a bad idea. A health monitor attached to your mouse. senses your heart beat, blood pressure, change in hormones? OR those crazy gamers who play for days at a time with a diet consisting of mountain dew and cheetos, a "med-mouse' can constant check something or the other.

The data collected can co-relate specific time-points in the game. For example, heart-rate spiked during the *** scene from Mass Effect?? hahaha

just a thought!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
RedGeorge replied on Sun, Jan 30 2011 4:21 AM

There's a bit of extra humour in their BoomSlang name for me - in Afrikaans (my first language), it literally means TreeSnake. You'd pronounce it something like BwimSlung. But it's a pretty funny word in English.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 654
Points 5,945
mhenriday replied on Mon, Jan 31 2011 1:30 PM

Even considering the current decline in the value of the US dollar, 60USD is still a lot of cheese for a mouse !...

Henri

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,383
Points 31,080
rrplay replied on Thu, Feb 24 2011 8:26 AM

when I see the name DeathAdder  I can't help bu think of Monty Python's Flying Circus The Black  Adder sketch

I dunno why that happens ... have a Razer Imperator Mouse.. another name that just  rolls of the tongue

"Don't Panic ! 'cause HH got's your back!"

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS