06: HotHardware's Two and A Half Geeks Webcast - January 12, 2011

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,861
Points 1,172,035
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Wed, Jan 12 2011 2:07 PM

04: HotHardware's Two and A Half Geeks Webcast - December 13In this episode of Two and Half Geeks, Iyaz and the crew from HotHardware talk about the hottest products from CES 2011, from tablets to handsets, to hot new SSDs and motherboards.  We also cover Intel's new Sandy Bridge Desktop and Mobile processors and hint of a new killer gaming rig contest/give-away in the weeks ahead!

Show Notes:
01:20 - Intel Sandy Bridge processor for Desktops
02:52 - Intel Sandy Bridge processor for Notebooks
06:13 - The Hottest of CES  - All HH Coverage From CES 2011

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,821
Points 45,685
rapid1 replied on Wed, Jan 12 2011 2:54 PM

Awesome as usual :)

MB:ASUS Z87C
CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 4770 ***
GPU:Geforce GTX 770 4GB
Mem:***ingston 16384MB RAM
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,821
Points 45,685
rapid1 replied on Wed, Jan 12 2011 3:14 PM

Oh; on the contest thing, and this is a sometime suggestion, not a next go round one so keep that in mind. Why don't you do one on ratings alone, and Marco build's it, and or just send all the components to the winner for a full PC solo build. Us who know the in's and out get to build it like we want it (IE wire runs, cooling direction etc), those who don't get to learn how (which might end up being a screw up, but we could all help them to). Anyways just a suggestion get vendors, to opt in on it , and whatever components go out, maybe you could even do a three level or application specific rating system, and then give away a couple components level builds. I also like that Mammoth MSI board a lot as well.

MB:ASUS Z87C
CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 4770 ***
GPU:Geforce GTX 770 4GB
Mem:***ingston 16384MB RAM
  • | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,372
Points 30,960
rrplay replied on Wed, Jan 12 2011 3:46 PM

Another awesome vid thanks guys !  I am really looking forward to OCZ SSd drives yep WOW about 1GB /sec yeah OCZ bring it on !

Could not agree with you more Marco on that 2.1 audio system , enclosed amp on satellites  variable crossover , 4rth order band-pass Butterworth ?

now you're talking kick-ass[forgot to count the kick=ass quotes ...oh well . yep some folks got the 4.1 5.1 setup in an ill-suited room or setup .

great highlight on the mobile Sandy on idle a 16W  way cool.

yep like rapids previous comment on the giveaway re ; giving away components for a Marco build. build spotlight giveaway ?

"Don't Panic ! 'cause HH got's your back!"

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,780
Points 40,565
Inspector replied on Wed, Jan 12 2011 3:51 PM

Good round up of what has happened this week. The 2.1 speakers may be good but is surly expansive as well :(.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,577
Points 103,200
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Wed, Jan 12 2011 4:20 PM

You may have to raise someone's geek score soon. 2 and 3/4 Geeks?

Lots of good new tech out there. This is going to be an interesting year.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 271
Points 3,015

when are you guys going to play us off the air wiyh those nice guitars in the background are they just for looks mabe a little deliverance " haha " come on play it

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,543
Points 54,460
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Wed, Jan 12 2011 10:04 PM

hahah! dadogeson, lemme see what I can do. That's a pair of Strats. One is an original Fender Strat Deluxe, with lace sensor pickups, rosewood fret board and a sweet mother of pearl pick guard. The other is a Kramer copy that I got because I bought my son one and had to have the same one, it's cheap and red but has a bitchin double coil in the lead position for crunch that you don't get from a Strat really... they plug into a Fender Twin Reverb amp, circa 1974 that will make your ears bleed if you turn it up past like 3. haha!

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,543
Points 54,460
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Wed, Jan 12 2011 10:07 PM

oh wait, the headstock you're seeing in this episode is from my acoustic.. oops! heh

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 415
Points 5,315
FreeJet replied on Fri, Jan 14 2011 9:06 AM

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,792
Points 28,435

rapid1:
Oh; on the contest thing, and this is a sometime suggestion, not a next go round one so keep that in mind. Why don't you do one on ratings alone, and Marco build's it, and or just send all the components to the winner for a full PC solo build.

Nice webcast Marco and Dave ! It must have been fun to be in such a big toy store !! All the new components sandybridge tecnology the new SSDs new boards just a lot to absorb! If this turns into another great giveaway this would probably be the greatest giveaway ever on HH because it would be one smoking build for sure, cant wait to see what you guys do with this.It would be great to watch! I like rapids idea too. Maybe to rig build off between you and Dave or one of you and a forum member all on video. Make a heck of a reveiw and a steller Two and a Half Geeks episode! I know I would love to score a win on such a build using the components you guys might come up with on this contest if it happens of course but I,ve already been lucky with my win and would just sit back and watch!!          Yes

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS