iPad Internet Traffic to Nearly Triple in 2011

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 24,884
Points 1,116,980
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Thu, Dec 9 2010 2:24 PM
Steve Jobs and the entire Cupertino gang can officially stick out their tongues and waggle their tail ends in the direction of Adobe. Why? Even without Flash support, Apple's magical tablet will account for three times as much Internet traffic in December, 2011, as it does today, according to Chitika Research, the market research arm of Chitika, a full-service online advertising network.

Chitika has been keeping a close eye on the iPad ever since it launched, and if the company's numbers are to be trusted, Apple's flash-less slate now accounts for 0.83 percent of all Internet traffic. By this time next year, the company reckons that number will increase almost three-fold to 2.32 percent.

That might not sound like much, but consider this. According to Chitika, "the iPad is already on par with Linux in terms of Internet usage market share," and that number is going to more than double in the next year.

Chitika's numbers are based on the current adoption rate of iPads across the company's advertising network, so it will be interesting to see if the projections hold true once more tablets enter the market.
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 493
Points 4,555

I call BS. It might account for 0.83% of request, but no way is it even close to that on total traffic. The extremely limited storage of this type of device will never allow it to compete on total volume of data served unless it massively out numbers the compitition.

Also Chitika is anything but a reliable source of information.

Smooth Creations LANShark "Blue Flame" + ASUS G73JH-A2 + ASUS EeePC S101H
Yes it's the original InfinityzeN

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 413
Points 3,190
LLeCompte replied on Fri, Dec 10 2010 10:44 AM

i doubt this will happen. With the new win 7 and android tabs coming out it will steal from the ipad.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 20
Points 195

I agree on this, the competition will slice down the projections.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 23
Points 175
Once android gets some good tablet apps out the ipad will die except for the apple fanboys. with gingerbread coming out and everything. Android is like a mobile os made for tablets. It functions much like a pc in the fact you can have apps that do almost anything. download files, play flash ect. almost limitless possibilitys while the ipad apps have to be approved by apple. But for me personally there s no better way to go on the web than on good old windows 7. the win 7 tablets look ok but they have to have good processors.
  • | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS