Asetek Introduces New 92mm CPU Coolers

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,818
Points 1,166,590
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Tue, Nov 30 2010 5:15 PM
If you live in the northern part of the U.S., nature is doing the bulk of the cooling these days. But what about inside of your PC case? Unless you're funneling snow into there (safely, if that's even possible), the area in and around your CPU/GPU is probably still toasty. If you've been looking to overclock, but need some better cooling options before diving in, Asetek has exactly what you need.

The company is today introducing new 92mm liquid CPU coolers, described as such. The 545LC is a single exhaust port, single-CPU cooler that supports high performance gaming PCs and workstations, utilizing chassis with 92mm fans, while the 565LX is a dual exhaust port, single-CPU cooler that supports the 3U server and workstation markets and the 585LX is a dual exhaust port, dual-CPU cooler that supports the dual processor 3U server and workstation markets.

No prices are provided yet, but having a chilled CPU is priceless, right?

New Asetek Liquid CPU Coolers Support PCs with 92mm Fans

Additions to Liquid CPU Cooler lineup enable system builders to offer liquid cooling in smaller gaming PCs, 3U servers and workstations

Asetek Inc., the world’s leading supplier of liquid cooling solutions for computers, today announced three new liquid CPU coolers for OEMs and system builders, designed for chassis utilizing 92mm exhaust fans. The products include: a single exhaust port, single-CPU cooler; a dual exhaust port, single-CPU cooler; and a dual exhaust port, dual-CPU cooler. These new Asetek products provide superior overclocking for compact gaming systems, and ultra-quiet computing and improved productivity for 3U servers and mainstream workstations.

“Our OEM and System Building partners are telling us space saving design is increasingly important in commercial applications as businesses seek to increase productivity without adding real estate,” said Steve Branton, Director of Marketing at Asetek. “Consumers, particularly outside North America, also appreciate compact design. Asetek’s new 92mm liquid CPU coolers enable companies such as BOXX Technologies to help their customers achieve these goals.”

“BOXX has built a reputation for designing and manufacturing high performance workstations that run cool and quiet in creative environments,” said Shoaib Mohammad, Director of Marketing and Business Development at BOXX Technologies. “The integration of Asetek liquid CPU coolers into our line of performance-enhanced XTREME solutions has enabled us to continue our commitment of providing digital professionals with the ultimate in record-setting performance in systems that remain reliable, stable, and quiet.”
  • | Post Points: 110
Not Ranked
Posts 40
Points 455

I wonder how this compares with the Corsair H70. Does any reader out there have a favorite water cooler they're using?

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,809
Points 18,105

Asetek and Corsair are relativly the same cooler. http://www.asetek.com/partner-products/corsair-h70.html

That dual cooler looks awsome! I will definitly have me eye on that one when I upgrade to a dual CPU board in the workstation!

Intel Core i7-875K Quad
Asetek 510LC 120MM
4GB Kingston Hyper-X DDR-3
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro
CyberPower 800 PSU
Kingston 64GB SSD 
2 Hitachi 1-TB HDD'S
FirePro V8800
8X Blu-Ray DVD±R/±RW
HPw2207 22" LCD
Cintiq 21UX
CoolerMaster 690II Advance
Win 7 Pro 64 bit
Special thanks to HotHardware.com!
Not Ranked
Posts 40
Points 440

Although I currently do not use liquid cooling in my main computer, I have been looking into liquid cooling for my home server. It is an old Dell Optiplex 240 and in the past I have had some problems with overheating. This seems like a feasible option that would cool my computer without having to do or spend to much.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,093
Points 38,115
acarzt replied on Wed, Dec 1 2010 9:19 AM

I know it's an off size, but I would like a 140mm radiator. That would fit perfectly into my case :-P

Not Ranked
Posts 40
Points 455

It'd probably be quieter too! Bigger fans ftw.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 435
Points 6,255

Man, this would be awesome in a NZXT Vulcan or other small cases with 92mm exhaust.

The pump/blocks on these look a lot like the h70

i7 950 - ASUS Rampage 3 Extreme - ASUS GTX 570 - AZZA Hurricane - 6 GB Corsair 1600 - Corsair AX750 - WD 1tb black  Cool Thank You HH!!!!!!Cool

AMD 1090T - MSI 890FXA-GD70 - XFX HD5850 x2 - CM Storm Scout - 8GB Kingston HyperX 1600 - Corsair HX850 - Sammy spinpoint f3 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,572
Points 103,130
MembershipAdministrator

So this radiator is 92MM in size and the existing ones are 120MM in size. So if you have the room for it, the original 120MM size will do a better job of cooling your CPU.

This does give sealed Water cooling to those with smaller cases and that's a good thing.

The dual CPU setup is good news too.

Asetek makes the corsair cooler that we all like so much.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,818
Points 45,670
rapid1 replied on Wed, Dec 1 2010 11:40 PM

I wonder if you could replace that center hose on the dual cooler unit and cool you multicore cpu and you gpu to.

MB:ASUS Z87C
CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 4770 ***
GPU:Geforce GTX 770 4GB
Mem:***ingston 16384MB RAM
  • | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 40
Points 440

That would be really cool if you could swap out hoses for longer ones.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,851
Points 40,550

I know that I have the H50 and it's definitely doing better than my Tuniq Tower.  Not too sure how many people with workstations or servers really care about water cooling.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS