H2O Audio Adds Waterproof Headset

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,710
Points 1,208,220
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Thu, Oct 28 2010 1:42 PM

H2O Audio announced a new pair of headphones that is waterproof and works with your cell phone. The new Surge 2G Contact Headset features an in-line waterproof microphone and speaker. The company says the headset will enable you to "communicate via cell phone while underwater," though we have to admit, most of us don't talk on our phones while under water. Still, we can see where this may be useful for someone who needs a durable set of headphones as well as a headset for their phone.  The new Surge 2G Contact Headphones are waterproof and sweat proof. They are priced at $69.99 and come with five different ear tips.

H2O Audio Announces Surge 2G Contact Headset

Surge Contact provides an improved waterproof microphone and one-touch answer button for superior sound quality and convenience

(SAN DIEGO – October 28, 2010) – H2O Audio, the leader in high-performance, waterproof sport headphones and accessories, announces today the new Surge 2G Contact Headset.  The Surge 2G Contact is complete with an in-line waterproof microphone and speaker, enabling users to communicate via cell phone while underwater and a one-touch answer and end call button, ensuring convenience for any action or water sport enthusiast. The Surge Contact, included in the recently introduced Surge 2G line boasts a new design and rich sound experience, providing high-impact sound in a sleek, aerodynamic profile, improving fit and reducing drag for comfort and high-performance in all conditions.

“I’ve always used the Surge Contact headset to stay in touch my wife Laura when we have to separate on long bike rides,” said H2O Audio Ambassador Triathlete, Greg Bennett.  “Now, with the new fit and improved sound, it’s even easier to stay in communication though sweat and humid weather.”

“The Surge Contact is the next product in providing our customers the most innovative waterproof speaker technology within the Surge 2G line of products,” said Tom Kamper, CEO of H2O Audio, “Combining our waterproof speaker technology with advances in sound quality and design allows us to give complete mobility to your music, and your phone, so the music and your busy lifestyle can keep pace.”

All H2O Audio products, including all products within the Surge 2G line, are individually tested to ensure 100 percent waterproof capability and come complete with five different ear tips for personalized comfort and fit.  The Surge Contact is compatible with most mobile phones and mp3 devices including iPhone, Droid, Blackberry, iPod touch, iPod nano and is available now at www.h2oaudio.com, Amazon and various retailers, and retails for $69.99.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

That's kinda cool. Get yourself one of those otterboxes for your phone and swim laps. Would make it much less boring.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,798
Points 40,665
Inspector replied on Thu, Oct 28 2010 5:14 PM

... lol so you would first need to get a casing that is waterproof for what ever device ur going to be using it for :( lol. Should come with a waterproof casing as an extra feature :)

They sell the waterproof case for 80 bucks... that would mean u need to spend $130 for the head phones to actually work for its feature.

@bob: those are waterproof?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,809
Points 18,105

I got one of the first versions of these. Not bad!

The cases are rather expensive and if you go for the larger Ipods, you must remeber one thing,..They dont float!

If they come out with a new nano case, then that would make more sense.

Intel Core i7-875K Quad
Asetek 510LC 120MM
4GB Kingston Hyper-X DDR-3
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro
CyberPower 800 PSU
Kingston 64GB SSD 
2 Hitachi 1-TB HDD'S
FirePro V8800
8X Blu-Ray DVD±R/±RW
HPw2207 22" LCD
Cintiq 21UX
CoolerMaster 690II Advance
Win 7 Pro 64 bit
Special thanks to HotHardware.com!
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

Inspector:
@bob: those are waterproof?
otterbox cases are yeah.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,851
Points 40,550

Someone please tell me why I need a waterproof microphone?  Especially when I'm doing laps in a pool...

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,798
Points 40,665

Bob, i never heard of otterboxs before but are those completely waterproof? like the headphone jacks? Cause if they aren't, its useless :) I only saw one that might work underwater for the ipod nano(it says it protects from water but im not sure if they meant underwater or just rain... :D).

@Mentaldisorder, you want to listen to those jams of yours xD

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,809
Points 18,105

Inspector,...in the electronics field

Waterproof means that it can be submerged in water.

Water resistant means it can be used in the rain but not submerged.

And if you are doing laps in the pool with your Iphone on, then you must be so important that you have to make phone calls while swimming :P

Of course if you do that, then you might end up sounding like a reporter for the Alaska CBS affiliate:P

Intel Core i7-875K Quad
Asetek 510LC 120MM
4GB Kingston Hyper-X DDR-3
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro
CyberPower 800 PSU
Kingston 64GB SSD 
2 Hitachi 1-TB HDD'S
FirePro V8800
8X Blu-Ray DVD±R/±RW
HPw2207 22" LCD
Cintiq 21UX
CoolerMaster 690II Advance