NEC PA271W Professional LCD Monitor Review

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,703
Points 1,207,930
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, Oct 18 2010 12:25 PM

NEC PA271W Professional LCD Monitor ReviewFor all but the most budget conscious buyers, piecing together a home brewed rig often entails forking over a premium for certain components, depending on what you're trying to accomplish. If you're a gamer, you probably bought a high-end graphics card (or at least that's what you should have done). Do you spend more time ripping videos than fragging your friends? Then chances are you allocated a bigger percentage of your budget to your CPU than on other parts. But for professional designers, graphic gurus, and anyone else who relies on pinpoint color accuracy, it's the monitor that matters most. That sub-$200 TN panel you spotted in the clearance bin at Walmart just isn't going to have the moxie to handle color matching chores for that mission critical photo project you're working on.

This is where NEC's MultiSync PA271W LCD monitor comes into play. Armed with a 10-bit P-IPS panel, internal 14-bit programmable 3D lookup tables (LUTs), and a generous 2560x1440 pixel resolution, the PA271W is truly a professional grade tool for those instances where a typical TN panel just won't cut it...

NEC PA271W Professional LCD Monitor Review

• | Post Points: 80
Not Ranked
Posts 52
Points 500

Thank God its not another crap 1080p panel. Way too many of those on the market and the new ones coming out are just shiny new paint on the same ole res. I prefer my new HP 2560 x1600p blows away even the best HDTV.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,756
Points 104,950
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Mon, Oct 18 2010 10:24 PM

It's a really nice screen, but one that I can't afford to buy.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,809
Points 18,105

This seems to be aimed at studios with unlimited budgets!

It is a nice screen, yet it is also really thick. I bet it also runs hot.

In about a year, I am sure everyone who bought one will see similar models for less than $500. Then they will be saying to themselves,...I should have taken that european vacation instead:P

Intel Core i7-875K Quad
Asetek 510LC 120MM
4GB Kingston Hyper-X DDR-3
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro
CyberPower 800 PSU
Kingston 64GB SSD 
2 Hitachi 1-TB HDD'S
FirePro V8800
8X Blu-Ray DVD±R/±RW
HPw2207 22" LCD
Cintiq 21UX
CoolerMaster 690II Advance
Win 7 Pro 64 bit
Special thanks to HotHardware.com!
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,756
Points 104,950
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Wed, Oct 20 2010 7:49 AM

animatortom:
Then they will be saying to themselves,...I should have taken that european vacation instead:P

"I should have just taken that European vacation"

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,849
Points 45,900
rapid1 replied on Wed, Oct 20 2010 4:26 PM

I agree if I had the money free to blow on something it would not be this there are not enough advancements in the product to warrant the cost.

ASUS Z87C
i7-4770K
Xonar DGX
Intel Gigabit CT
Geforce GTX 770 4GB
G.Skill X1600/1754 2x8GB 7/8/8/24
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 65

NEC does make quality panels tho, you have to give them that, if nothing else at all, this one looks great IMO.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

Hi

We are trying to get some output from this monitor. can some one explain what is the function of DC-Out connector? and how can i connect it to anything? I looked online and havent found any such name connector.

also, what does it mean 'upstream usb connectors'? what is on them?

thanks so much for any idea,

Lior

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,756
Points 104,950
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Mon, Feb 28 2011 9:21 PM

The USB connectors are a hub. You connect the provided cable to one USB port on your PC, and then the monitor has multiple USB connectors for other USB devices on it for you to use. The DC out may be to power additional equipment such as the Color Puck that is mentioned in the review.

There is also a KVM setup built into the screen.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS