240GB SSD SWEEPSTAKES!!!.............................................fake

rated by 0 users
This post has 14 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,099
Points 13,965
fat78 Posted: Mon, Oct 11 2010 12:55 PM

This isnt a real sweepstakes! 

I just wanted to say i passed my comptia 701 exam with a 775 (Wooty woot one to go). I was very nervous to press the enter key when i was finshed.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,374
Points 80,315

I have had many tests like that, all my FAA ones. You think you did everything correct but there is still this feeling that your not going to pass. Congrats on passing!

"Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."

Z77 GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER

GIGABYTE GTX670

G.Skill Ripjaws X 16gb PC2133

Antec P280

Corsair H100

Asus Blu-ray burner

Seasonic X650 PSU

Patriot Pyro 128gb SSD

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

ha ha. Grats man!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,099
Points 13,965
fat78 replied on Mon, Oct 11 2010 3:55 PM

Now who wants to donate some money for my 702 because it turns out the voucher only covered one test

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Tue, Oct 12 2010 2:04 AM

fat78:

Now who wants to donate some money for my 702 because it turns out the voucher only covered one test

Sad for you...

Personally Tech Support is an overrated job anyway.

"The future starts with you; now start posting more!"

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,099
Points 13,965
fat78 replied on Tue, Oct 12 2010 3:20 PM

I dont find doing something you enjoy and being payed for it overrated at all.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Tue, Oct 12 2010 5:23 PM

fat78:

I dont find doing something you enjoy and being payed for it overrated at all.

Trust me, it's overrated. Once you get through the usual set of questions, (did you install something recently, did you clear your cache, etc) once you learn the OS through experience then you know how to do tech support. I mean I don't get why tech support is a high paying job when people can do it for free or get it for free, I don't even get why you need certifications for this. I was able to get rid of a virus by deleting any files the virus created and removing any registry files relating to the virus, so I guess I'm my own tech support.

That's why it's overrated.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,099
Points 13,965
fat78 replied on Tue, Oct 12 2010 5:40 PM

Good for you taylor that you can solve your computer problems. I guess because you can do it that makes every one able to do it?

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Tue, Oct 12 2010 6:03 PM

Everyone can do it if they looked around on the internet and or hang out in a chatroom with a bunch of tech support geeks.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

Taylor would you leave Fat be. He just passed a big test that he was nervous about. Be happy for him or keep it to yourself.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,695
Points 104,425
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Tue, Oct 12 2010 6:35 PM

Congrats on passing your test. Having that cert is a good thing. You should never stop getting them. Certs made the difference many times while I was working on the Space Shuttle Program. People wondered why I kept signing up for every class that the company offered. Some accused me of being a brown-nose.

They understood when it came time for a reduction in the workforce and I had every cert for every job in my division.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,099
Points 13,965
fat78 replied on Tue, Oct 12 2010 7:35 PM

ty guys

I dont know what you do realneil but working on space program sounds pretty cool. Do not want to mess up working on that.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,695
Points 104,425
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Tue, Oct 12 2010 7:42 PM

fat78:
I dont know what you do realneil but working on space program sounds pretty cool.

I was Quality Assurance (inspection) the last ten years that I was there. I was there 24 years after I got out of the Army. I'm retired now,...but the point is to never quit educating yourself.

It pays off more often than not, in your future.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,109
Points 38,260
acarzt replied on Wed, Oct 27 2010 6:25 PM

Congrats fat! I knew you could do it :-D

No study up and get the other one knocked out! :-D

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,109
Points 38,260
acarzt replied on Wed, Oct 27 2010 6:43 PM

TaylorKarras:

I mean I don't get why tech support is a high paying job when people can do it for free or get it for free,

First of all.. you obviously have never worked as PC Tech... it is NOT a high paying job. Most Retail places will pay you $8-13/hr that's $16,640-27,040 /yr

On the Lower end, that's less than the median income of a high school drop out in the US. On the upper end, that's less than the median income of a high school gradute with no college experience in the US. High Paying? I think not.

If you're good at it and get a lot of experience, then on the rare occasion you can find a decent paying job in the $30-40k / year range. But you'll need certs(A+ and MCP, maybe Net+ or Sec+) and experience. And you're gonna be doing more difficult things than just removing a virus.

Once you get a lot of experience and a lot certs maybe a college degree you can start making good money, $50-60k / year area. I still wouldn't consider this high paying. It's pretty good, better than most, but still not high.

Once you've got yourself a ton of experience, more certs than you can keep track of and a degree of some type then you'll start making $70k-80k / year, which is pretty good.

Through on a masters degree and managerial experience and you'll start seeing $100k-250k / year. Now that's high paying.

Once you get past that first level of technical support, things start to get more difficult and you're gonna have to know what you're doing.

And you argue anyone can search the internet and find answers. Well some people don't know how to use the internet well and don't even know where to start looking.

You can point them to google... but then they don't know what to search for. They don't know what they are looking for. They could spend hours upon hours going through useless articles, going through crap that is not going to fix their issue and could make it worse because they blinding followed what someone told them to do.

I could probably remodel a kitchen if I googled it... but it's gonna take me a lot longer and might not turn out as good as if I paid a professional to do it.

And the reason to be certified? To prove you (at least somewhat) know what you're talking about(this helps you get a job) and provide peice of mind to your customer.

You realize that doctors need to get certified too right? And Pharmacists.. the guy(or girl) who fixes you a/c, the guy(or girl)  who repairs the plane you might ride on... and many many others.

I dunno about you, but personally I wouldn't want someone doing surgery on me when they can't even pass a test in their field.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS