The World Now Has A KISS HDTV, Like It Or Not

rated by 0 users
This post has 15 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,748
Points 1,210,225
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Oct 1 2010 6:08 PM
Oh, brother. A KISS TV? We've seen big bands milk their fame before, but this may be a new low. Or is it a new high? Depends on how you see things, really. Roundtable Concepts has landed a deal with the famed rock band KISS in order to launch the first-ever KISS LED HDTV. It's still really unclear who exactly would want to buy a KISS HDTV, but we're sure a few hardcore fans will make room in their garages.

Amazingly, it's said that KISS actually helped to design this set. We're struggling to believe that, but either way they will be available in 32, 40 and 46-inch sizes. The KISS logo is embellished on the bottom two corners of the casing and an image of the group appears on the screen for the 8 second warm-up period when the set is powered on. The first units will be limited editions and will come in a collectors box, but will they even be able to sell all of these?

The sets are expected to ship in November, just in time for that Christmas gift to the KISS fan in every person's life. Pricing ranges from $818.88 for the 32" to $1,988.88 for the 55" version.

KISS and Roundtable Concepts Join Forces to Release the First Limited Edition KISS High Definition TVs

LAKE MARY, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Roundtable Concepts announced today that they have reached an agreement with KISS to launch the first ever KISS LED High Definition TVs. Live Nation Merchandise, KISS’s long time licensing agent, brokered the deal.

“RTC is excited for the opportunity to work with KISS on the “premiere”

With design direction from KISS, the KISS LED HDTVs will be available in 32, 40 and 46-inch sizes. The KISS logo is embellished on the bottom two corners of the casing and an image of the group appears on the screen for the 8 second warm-up period when the set is powered on. The first units will be limited editions and will come in a collectors box.

“KISS again leads the merchandise and licensing world with another industry first with this first ever concert artist branded HD TV,” says Janet Dwoskin, Executive Director of Licensing for Live Nation Merchandise.

“RTC is excited for the opportunity to work with KISS on the “premiere” of this product, a joining of forces between Rock & Roll and the electronics industry. These limited TV’s will be a “must have” for any serious KISS fan,” said Frank Weir of Roundtable Concepts.

The KISS High Def TVs will be available at retail in mid-November and are currently available online at www.kisshdtv.com. 
  • | Post Points: 110
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

Oh wow.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,494
Points 47,210
ForumsAdministrator

I read somewhere that the 55" version incorporates a giant roll-out tongue!Stick out tongue

SPAM-posters beware! ®

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,054
Points 60,735
3vi1 replied on Sat, Oct 2 2010 9:04 AM

Are there that many people that collect every KISS item that this was a good business decision for RTC? I mean, I remember when KISS was really popular, but that was THIRTY-FREAKING-FOUR-YEARS-AGO.

What's RTC's next great idea? An ABBA television?

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 435
Points 6,255

>> an image of the group appears on the screen for the 8 second warm-up period when the set is powered on.

The worst 8 seconds of your life...every time you turn on the tv.

i7 950 - ASUS Rampage 3 Extreme - ASUS GTX 570 - AZZA Hurricane - 6 GB Corsair 1600 - Corsair AX750 - WD 1tb black  Cool Thank You HH!!!!!!Cool

AMD 1090T - MSI 890FXA-GD70 - XFX HD5850 x2 - CM Storm Scout - 8GB Kingston HyperX 1600 - Corsair HX850 - Sammy spinpoint f3 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,054
Points 60,735
3vi1 replied on Sat, Oct 2 2010 5:00 PM

LoL... for sure.

Here are some other crappy KISS gifts you can get for people you hate:

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

Not sure I wanna try the kiss flavored lip balm.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,771
Points 105,115
MembershipAdministrator

I like the Diamond plate look, but the Kiss logo and warm-up screen can Kiss-Off.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,494
Points 47,210
ForumsAdministrator

realneil:

I like the Diamond plate look, but the Kiss logo and warm-up screen can Kiss-Off.

I like that new moderator badge under your PIC, Realneil. Hey guys, there's a new sheriff in town!

SPAM-posters beware! ®

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

Super Dave:

realneil:

I like that new moderator badge under your PIC, Realneil. Hey guys, there's a new sheriff in town!

Oh yeah. Welcome to the club!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,054
Points 60,735
3vi1 replied on Sat, Oct 2 2010 9:47 PM

Yeah! What he said!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,809
Points 18,105

I wonder if it comes with your own copy of Kiss saves Santa?

Intel Core i7-875K Quad
Asetek 510LC 120MM
4GB Kingston Hyper-X DDR-3
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro
CyberPower 800 PSU
Kingston 64GB SSD 
2 Hitachi 1-TB HDD'S
FirePro V8800
8X Blu-Ray DVD±R/±RW
HPw2207 22" LCD
Cintiq 21UX
CoolerMaster 690II Advance
Win 7 Pro 64 bit
Special thanks to HotHardware.com!
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,054
Points 60,735
3vi1 replied on Sun, Oct 3 2010 1:58 PM

Family Guy should totally get the rights to do a feature length version of that. They probably could too, since it's a given that KISS will put their name on anything for money.

What I would love to see is a DVD with band commentary for Kiss Meets The Phantom of the Park. It'd go something like "So tell us Ace... exactly *how* drunk were you in this scene?".

I kid them a lot, but I actually have the first KISS comic (Marvel Comics Super Special #1) in my collection, with an insert printed in REAL KISS BLOOD!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,771
Points 105,115
MembershipAdministrator

Thank you mods,.......I'll like being able to zap those SPAM Bastards myself!

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,494
Points 47,210
ForumsAdministrator

Big Smile

SPAM-posters beware! ®

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,932
Points 24,775

I had a copy of KISS saves Christmas on betamax.

Does it come with a KISS of cherry?

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS