This post has 16 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,407
Points 1,192,845
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Mon, Sep 27 2010 7:24 PM

LEFT 4 DEAD "THE SACRIFICE" COMING OCTOBER 5

Latest DLC Coming to Both L4D1 & L4D2

September 27, 2010 - Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Half-Life, Portal, Team Fortress, and Counter-Strike) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced the new add-on for its co-operative zombie thrillers -- "The Sacrifice," in development for both Left 4 Dead (L4D) and Left 4 Dead 2 (L4D2) -- is due for release on October 5, 2010.

"The Sacrifice" is the prequel to "The Passing," and takes place from the L4D Survivors' perspective as they make their way South. In addition to advancing the story, "The Sacrifice" introduces a new style finale featuring "Sacrificial Gameplay" where players get to decide who will give their life so the others may live.

The Sacrifice DLC for L4D1 is a seperate download than The Sacrifice for L4D2.

In The Sacrifice for Left 4 Dead 1 gamers receive the complete Sacrifice campaign with maps playable in Campaign, Versus, and Survival.

In The Sacrifice for Left 4 Dead 2 owners receive "The Sacrifice" campaign playable with the Left 4 Dead Survivors. In addition, those with Left 4 Dead 2 receive L4D's "No Mercy" campaign. Both campaigns are playable in Campaign, Versus, Survival, and Scavenge modes and both will feature the Left 4 Dead 2 Special Infected, items, and weapons. Yes, Zoey with a chainsaw!

Targeted for release on October 5th, "The Sacrifice" will be available for download on Xbox Live for 560 Microsoft Points and free to all PC gamers.

• | Post Points: 110
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,099
Points 13,965
fat78 replied on Mon, Sep 27 2010 7:37 PM

i only like playing this game with friends. Hate having to play with random people who i dont know if they are a 8 year old who will cry or a 40 year guy with anger problems.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,795
Points 40,670
Inspector replied on Mon, Sep 27 2010 7:52 PM

Havn't launched l4d in a while, might download it again to test this out :). And i agree with fat, those kids are annoying :(

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 435
Points 6,255

I love how the content is free for PC. I can't wait to check this out!

i7 950 - ASUS Rampage 3 Extreme - ASUS GTX 570 - AZZA Hurricane - 6 GB Corsair 1600 - Corsair AX750 - WD 1tb black  Cool Thank You HH!!!!!!Cool

AMD 1090T - MSI 890FXA-GD70 - XFX HD5850 x2 - CM Storm Scout - 8GB Kingston HyperX 1600 - Corsair HX850 - Sammy spinpoint f3 

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
MElias replied on Mon, Sep 27 2010 10:17 PM

I play only versus... Can't wait this dlc!!!

Charger in No Mercy should be... awesome!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,361
Points 48,680
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Marco C replied on Mon, Sep 27 2010 11:17 PM

Right now, L4D2 is the only game I play. :)  Met a ton of cool people playing this game--yes, there's the occasional kid who can be quite annoying, but it's worth playing with strangers in my opinion.  I've played with soldiers stationed in Iraq, HH readers from other countries, and even some forum members.

Marco Chiappetta
Managing Editor @ HotHardware.com

Follow Marco on Twitter

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,795
Points 40,670
Inspector replied on Mon, Sep 27 2010 11:58 PM

:D marco, how do you meet them? just by random or do you guys meet up on the forum and make a play date? :) I never got l4d2 as i got bored of l4d so i didn't care to get the second one really.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,099
Points 13,965
fat78 replied on Tue, Sep 28 2010 12:51 AM

I would like to see valve make a third teamfortress or another major update, but i still love it.

Valve is a great game developer not only because their games kick ass, but also because of the community of gamers it brings togather with the use of steam.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,109
Points 38,260
acarzt replied on Tue, Sep 28 2010 1:35 AM

I had L4D on the 360... but I never played it.

L4D2 is way better in my opinion, and if I wasn't tied up in other games right now, i'd probably play it more lol

Not Ranked
Posts 16
Points 110
JJr replied on Tue, Sep 28 2010 2:25 AM

itll be cool if this game gets alot scarier than their previous ones..

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,715
3vi1 replied on Tue, Sep 28 2010 8:00 AM

L4D1&2 are pretty much the only games I play at the moment too.

BTW: You can read the comic version of The Sacrifice here (http://www.l4d.com/comic/).

I've read the first two, but the comics are kind of sucky compared to the walking dead comics I used to collect 20 years ago; very bad writing.  There's too much direct exposition to explain things to people that have never played the game.  They should have let the readers figure out the special infected over the course of more books.  Also, the way they start off showing the characters nonchalantly fighting a horde (and apparently winning pretty easily) really downplays any feeling of danger for the rest of the books.

Plus, you know those guys at the farmhouse would have been camping on the rocks where they wouldn't gotten hit once.  :)

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

Yeah I am not a huge fan of the comic right now. Idk though comics have never been my thing. I usually play L4D with friends. Easy to find people to play with when your in a clan of TF2 players though. I've played with random people a few times even played with Marco once or twice. It's usually fun regardless. The only time it's not is when a few of us decide we are going to beat a level on expert realism mode or something and you end up playing the same part of a level 25 times. But I think we bring that on ourselves Stick out tongue I'm excited for the DLC though. Some of us should get together and play it when it comes out.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,809
Points 18,105

I still don't get the fascination with all the Zombie Vampire Werewolf movies TV shows and video games!

I know that if Hollywood actually paid for new concepts instead of having to steal them. We might have more cool and fresh ideas like we did in the eighties! It is just sad that everyone must settle with Zombie twilight movies:P

It still amazes me just how many Vampire Zombie movies they make each year and how Charmed and Angel evolved into Twilight and True Blood.

Plus The Walking Dead is now hitting the small screen!

I'll stick to Space Marines, racing games and Flight combat games:) Because it is easier to be a 40 year guy with anger problems flying a F-22 in Hawx shooting down Commies, and more fun than zombies:P

Intel Core i7-875K Quad
Asetek 510LC 120MM
4GB Kingston Hyper-X DDR-3
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro
CyberPower 800 PSU
Kingston 64GB SSD 
2 Hitachi 1-TB HDD'S
FirePro V8800
8X Blu-Ray DVD±R/±RW
HPw2207 22" LCD
Cintiq 21UX
CoolerMaster 690II Advance
Win 7 Pro 64 bit
Special thanks to HotHardware.com!
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

animatortom:

I still don't get the fascination with all the Zombie Vampire Werewolf movies TV shows and video games!

I know that if Hollywood actually paid for new concepts instead of having to steal them. We might have more cool and fresh ideas like we did in the eighties! It is just sad that everyone must settle with Zombie twilight movies:P

It still amazes me just how many Vampire Zombie movies they make each year and how Charmed and Angel evolved into Twilight and True Blood.

Plus The Walking Dead is now hitting the small screen!

I'll stick to Space Marines, racing games and Flight combat games:) Because it is easier to be a 40 year guy with anger problems flying a F-22 in Hawx shooting down Commies, and more fun than zombies:P

I know someone that is not going to be in my party come the end of the world.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,109
Points 38,260
acarzt replied on Tue, Sep 28 2010 9:06 PM

I've got your back bob! lol I'm quite handy at killing zombies with a sniper rifle :-D

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,795
Points 40,670
Inspector replied on Tue, Sep 28 2010 9:41 PM

thats too bad it won't have a crosshair on it :P lol

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,715
3vi1 replied on Wed, Sep 29 2010 12:22 PM

Count me in too! :)

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS