**Post Your Photo's Thread** just 'cuz,....

This post has 107 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,436
Points 102,165
MembershipAdministrator
realneil Posted: Sat, Sep 18 2010 5:57 PM

My Lhasa Apso, Tika. She's a four legged entertainment section.

Check the Eyes on this Bee. I just shot it a few minutes ago. (click twice to enlarge)

Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.

(Mark Twain)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,735
Points 40,310
Inspector replied on Sat, Sep 18 2010 8:56 PM

Woa, what kind of camera do you have? that's a nice photo of the bee... :) I would psot my pictures but i got to get out and take some first, right after i get a nice camera... :P

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,436
Points 102,165
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Sat, Sep 18 2010 9:19 PM

Geeked These were shot with a 4 year old Nikon D40-X entry level DSLR. The Camera and two lenses (18-55mm & 55-200mm) was $1,000.00 at Costco as a kit deal. Then I bought a 70-300mm lens for $500.00. There are a lot of better cameras out there, but since I retired I don't have the cash flow anymore. This one is fine for what I do,.........Geeked

Le-Duck, caught his head in mid-shake after he had been under the water feeding. This was in Luray, Virginia.

Day old Robins, nest was on my front porch in a plant pot, up high.

Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.

(Mark Twain)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,436
Points 102,165
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Sat, Sep 18 2010 11:31 PM

Here's one of a Great Blue Heron, I shot this with a long lens at Harper's Ferry, West Virginia. These birds are very shy and it's hard to get pictures of them. They just fly away before you get close to them.......I spent 45 minutes waiting on a bridge, looking down with a blanket covering me and my wheelchair before this guy showed up.

I got three pictures of him, and then he heard my camera's shutter going off, looked right at me, and then left in a hurry.

(Mark Twain)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,436
Points 102,165
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Sun, Sep 19 2010 12:22 AM

Last one tonight, Big Smile This was just a quick shot outside right off of my deck. This Guy/Gal spun this web in about 45 minutes and it was all gone the next morning. They eat the web when they're done with it, spinning a new one every night. You can make out the "Spinneret' on the underside quite easily in this shot.

(Mark Twain)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,414
Points 46,560
ForumsAdministrator

realneil:
Nikon D40-X entry level DSLR. The Camera and two lenses (18-55mm & 55-200mm) was $1,000.00 at Costco as a kit deal. Then I bought a 70-300mm lens for $500.00.

I have a digital Canon A20 2.1MP P.O.S. circa 2004, and I'm jealous as you have me seriously out-gunned. I enjoyed your PICS, and my wife and son did, too! 

SPAM-posters beware! ®

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,436
Points 102,165
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Sun, Sep 19 2010 9:27 AM

Super Dave:
I enjoyed your PICS, and my wife and son did, too! 

Thank You. The fact that the Cannon still works speaks to it's quality.

(Mark Twain)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,436
Points 102,165
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Mon, Sep 20 2010 9:22 AM

Here is one that I didn't shoot. It's from a neighbor though. He got up to make his morning coffee, looked outside, and this is what he saw.

(Mark Twain)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,436
Points 102,165
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Mon, Sep 20 2010 1:41 PM

My next door neighbor runs a tree trimming and removal service, so he sees a lot of wildlife. Unfortunately, sometimes he and his sons have to cut a tree down that has nests in them. A few weeks ago, a tree that they felled had a nest of Yellow Jackets in it. When the tree came down (surprisingly, not while they were cutting it down) the Yellow Jackets swarmed them, and all four of them barely got away alive. They had to go to the emergency room for shots. One was stung over 140 times.

On the day that this was shot, when the tree fell, it killed Momma Squirrel and these guys were orphaned. Only one of them had his eyes open yet and they went to a local animal rescue lady who is raising them up.

So now, without further ado,...I present to you,....The Three Amigos!

(Mark Twain)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

cute little guys!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,735
Points 40,310
Inspector replied on Mon, Sep 20 2010 4:45 PM

:D, ya cute :). They look funny so small xD

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,436
Points 102,165
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Mon, Sep 20 2010 6:38 PM

They had huge feet with long claws and held onto everything like a kitten does.

(Mark Twain)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,436
Points 102,165
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Mon, Sep 20 2010 7:59 PM

Lots of Butterfly's on my flowers outside. (hope I'm not overdoing it with so many Pics) Embarrassed

BUG

(Mark Twain)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,436
Points 102,165
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Wed, Sep 22 2010 8:26 PM

This was taken 2 days ago (By a NASA photographer) and it's of the last scheduled roll out to the launch pad of a Space Shuttle. Just one one flight folks! It's Discovery, pictured at night on the Mighty Shuttle-Stack Transporter! Click the Pic for a tiny bit more detail.

(Mark Twain)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

realneil:
(hope I'm not overdoing it with so many Pics)

Hope you don't feel that way. I have quite enjoyed them. Also showed them to my brother and soon to be wife who both enjoyed them. Also that spaceshuttle looks amazing.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,436
Points 102,165
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Wed, Sep 22 2010 9:54 PM

There's lots of great pics to be had here in Virginia.

(Mark Twain)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,735
Points 40,310
Inspector replied on Wed, Sep 22 2010 10:30 PM

Love, the space shuttle picture. It looks so nice with the perfect position to shoot it :) I never saw these launch pads with tank threading on them before xD

Edit: New wallpaper :) lol

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

realneil:

There's lots of great pics to be had here in Virginia.

Where in VA do you live. Here in Richmond you see a lot of pretty cityscapes, but nothing like you are taking Stick out tongue

For instance this bridge is so pretty at night.

Link

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,436
Points 102,165
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Thu, Sep 23 2010 7:50 AM

bob_on_the_cob:
Where in VA do you live.

It's a small town called Stanley in Page county. There are a little over 1,300 People here. There are lots of farms and chicken ranches and Heavy Woods in between them all. We're close to the Shenandoah National Forest, Skyline drive, one of the places I go to shoot pics. You have to be careful driving early mornings and late at night because there are  tons of Deer around. (I have a heavy tube steel bumper on the front of my truck to protect it for a reason) We also see a host of other wildlife (some squashed) on our roads Bear, Possums, Racoons, etc,..........

When the leaves turn color here, we get many people from the cities driving around really fast (hitting those Deer) shooting pictures of the Trees, Barns, Silos, and Cows,.....it's a very picturesque place to live.

We're out a ways, and it's a small town mentality here, (good and bad) It takes a while to get to know these people, but once you do, they'll do anything for you.

Living here beats the heck out of where I lived before.

(Mark Twain)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,436
Points 102,165
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Thu, Sep 23 2010 8:34 PM

Now that Fall is here, it's time to post a picture of a rare 'Harvest Moon'. I just took this a few minutes ago. (I plan to take more later on tonight at a new angle)

Enjoy People!   

*(click for a larger pic)*

(Mark Twain)

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 435
Points 6,255

Nice moon shot!

i7 950 - ASUS Rampage 3 Extreme - ASUS GTX 570 - AZZA Hurricane - 6 GB Corsair 1600 - Corsair AX750 - WD 1tb black  Cool Thank You HH!!!!!!Cool

AMD 1090T - MSI 890FXA-GD70 - XFX HD5850 x2 - CM Storm Scout - 8GB Kingston HyperX 1600 - Corsair HX850 - Sammy spinpoint f3 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,436
Points 102,165
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Thu, Sep 23 2010 9:16 PM

This one is with the other camera.

(Mark Twain)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,436
Points 102,165
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Thu, Sep 23 2010 9:48 PM

lifeskills:

Nice moon shot!

Usually, when I shoot the moon people blush or throw things at me. Big Smile

(Mark Twain)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,436
Points 102,165
MembershipAdministrator

My wife took her Creative Writing Class to Shenandoah National Park today she took these two pics.

(Mark Twain)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,735
Points 40,310

Is that a hawk?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,436
Points 102,165
MembershipAdministrator

Inspector:

Is that a hawk?

Yes, It's a Red Tailed Hawk.

The Rangers have a "Birds Of Prey" Show that they do for visitors at the park and my wife always times her class visit on a day when the show is planned. This bird is one that was struck by a car and cannot live in the wild anymore. They care for them, and use them to educate the public. They also showed a Barred Owl and a Screech Owl.

(Mark Twain)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,017
Points 43,210

The Shenandoah valley is gorgeous. I got a good view of it several weeks ago when we hiked up bull run mountain. I live on the other side of it from you in Gainesville. My in laws I think are pretty close to you in Lovingston. VA is definately a gorgeous state. I moved down here from MD about 4 years ago. I would love to live a little further west out by Front Royal. We also spent some time on the West VA line camping this past spring. West VA has some beatifull landscapes as well.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,436
Points 102,165
MembershipAdministrator

nelsoncp21:
West VA has some beatifull landscapes as well.

We've been impressed with the sights in West Virginia too. We'll take off for a day at about 6AM and drive around there shooting pictures. We eat at a local, out of the way restaurant each time and it's usually  a good meal too. We can make it back to our house before dark and it makes for a good day trip. There are still plenty of places there were you can put the truck into 4X4 mode and get off of the beaten path and find incredible views.

Where we live is beautiful, with many farms and rustic places to see. I like to shoot old, decaying Barns with lots of vines and plants growing through them, and there are plenty of them around here.

(Mark Twain)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,477
Points 53,915
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Fri, Oct 8 2010 8:28 AM

Someone is a photo buff here!  Nice stuff Neil!

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,436
Points 102,165
MembershipAdministrator

Dave_HH:

Someone is a photo buff here!  Nice stuff Neil!

Thank You. It's something that can be done from the wheelchair and still turn out OK.

(Mark Twain)

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,792
Points 28,420

I got to say you have some really amazing photo,s !! I would like to have a camera of that cailber myself I really have always like taking photos of wildlife and everyday life in this world we live in!  Good job.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,436
Points 102,165
MembershipAdministrator

This is a Barred Owl, a victim of a car strike. he's unable to fend for himself, so he lives with the Rangers at the park. One little known fact about Owls is that their feathers are not sharp edged. This makes them almost completely silent when they fly and improves their ability to capture prey at night. It's easy to see what I'm speaking of on this bird's chest.

This Owl below is a Screech Owl. He's a very little bird compared to the rest of the 'Birds Of Prey' that they show to visitors.

(Mark Twain)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,436
Points 102,165
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Sun, Dec 5 2010 10:41 PM

It's been a while since I posted some pictures, so here goes,....(you can click twice on them to enlarge them twice)

Anyone else that may want to can post here too,.....(hint)

Old Church located in Harper's Ferry, West Virginia

And here is a neighbor's old Ford

And how about a Sunset shot?

And One of my bird buddies too! He looks possessed with those red eyes!

(Mark Twain)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,477
Points 53,915
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Sun, Dec 5 2010 11:13 PM

Wow, Neil!  Those are beautiful man!

Editor In Chief

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,477
Points 53,915
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Sun, Dec 5 2010 11:15 PM

By the way, love the Owl shots.  Owls have this look about them that says something like "Dude, you do NOT want to F with me!"  Smile

Editor In Chief

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,365
Points 30,865
rrplay replied on Sun, Dec 5 2010 11:25 PM

Those are some really nice shots!!

and you def got  the 'eye'

thanks

"Don't Panic ! 'cause HH got's your back!"

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,365
Points 30,865
rrplay replied on Sun, Dec 5 2010 11:35 PM

Dave_HH:

By the way, love the Owl shots.  Owls have this look about them that says something like "Dude, you do NOT want to F with me!"  Smile

esp the Screech Owl

check this out  do a double-click on the owl then do "Old-Fashioned - staring contest"

Easy money on the owl, for winning this one!

or  stare and close your eyes >> see the owl ??

"Don't Panic ! 'cause HH got's your back!"

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,436
Points 102,165
MembershipAdministrator

Dave_HH:
Owls have this look about them

Yes they do. And it's even more apparent when you meet them in person. It's kind of a Lofty Attitude that they have.

Eagles are the same way as far as I can see, and it's easy to see why they became our National Bird.

(Mark Twain)

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 435
Points 6,255

I couldn't stop laughing when I saw that screech owl!  Heres some of mine, realneil, and I love that sunset shot, very nice color.

a beetle

a light

some sunset action

And my pet bearded dragon, Z

i7 950 - ASUS Rampage 3 Extreme - ASUS GTX 570 - AZZA Hurricane - 6 GB Corsair 1600 - Corsair AX750 - WD 1tb black  Cool Thank You HH!!!!!!Cool

AMD 1090T - MSI 890FXA-GD70 - XFX HD5850 x2 - CM Storm Scout - 8GB Kingston HyperX 1600 - Corsair HX850 - Sammy spinpoint f3 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,436
Points 102,165
MembershipAdministrator

Good shots!

(Mark Twain)

Page 1 of 3 (108 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS