Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty Reviewed

rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,710
Points 1,208,340
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Wed, Sep 1 2010 1:10 PM

Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty ReviewedIt's been over 12 years since Starcraft launched, and expectations for the sequel have been quite high*. Well, the highly anticipated sequel, Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty, is here and we've taken the time to play through the campaign, test various difficulty levels, and tackle both human and the computer's AI in multiplayer. The single-player experience in SC2 is quite a bit different than the multiplayer game; we'll examine the two separately...

Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty Reviewed

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,798
Points 40,665

HEHE :P "Pro Tip: Never, ever trust a Zerg player who tells you he's new after his partner DCs. " i think that was me... lol jk

The game looks much better on my eyes in ultra graphics. i have them all set to low and some medium :(.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,368
Points 48,730
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Marco C replied on Wed, Sep 1 2010 1:52 PM

What do you guys think of us posting more game reviews? Is this something you'd like to see more of on HotHardware?

Marco Chiappetta
Managing Editor @ HotHardware.com

Follow Marco on Twitter

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,798
Points 40,665

Sure, i enjoy reading though it, would be nice to include a video review as well :)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 102
Points 1,315

Marco C:

What do you guys think of us posting more game reviews? Is this something you'd like to see more of on HotHardware?

Video game coverage is a crowded segment as I'm sure you know.  I do think there is an opportunity to use your technical expertise to distinguish yours from a run-of-the-mill review, just as Joel did with the first page of this review.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,809
Points 18,105

Oh yeah! Definitly post more game reviews!

They are alot more fun than all the cell phone reviews! It also makes more sense, since the Hot Hardware we are always talking about is designed for the latest and greastest gamesGeeked

Virtua-Balls, Flight yokes, FFB Driving wheels, and all the other cool gadgets that we could spend all day talking bout?

I dont understand Starcraft? They have all this amazing game art, and kick-A Cinematics...All for a RTS top-down? It would make more sense if they parlayed that into a setup like the last Halo, where you could switch between TD and FPS.  This game has an intersting concept, and if they could put that realism into a RTFPS then it would be incredible! The only thing that makes me not want to blow my time on WOW is all the elves and faries:P I like Sci-Fi, and always love running around blowing up aliens!

Intel Core i7-875K Quad
Asetek 510LC 120MM
4GB Kingston Hyper-X DDR-3
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro
CyberPower 800 PSU
Kingston 64GB SSD 
2 Hitachi 1-TB HDD'S
FirePro V8800
8X Blu-Ray DVD±R/±RW
HPw2207 22" LCD
Cintiq 21UX
CoolerMaster 690II Advance
Win 7 Pro 64 bit
Special thanks to HotHardware.com!
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,809
Points 18,105

How bout movie tech review?

There might be a few of us old enough to remember this one from when we were Inspectors ageCool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE77Xrd7c90

Japanese CGI, ...Not bad!

Intel Core i7-875K Quad
Asetek 510LC 120MM
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro
CyberPower 800 PSU
Kingston 64GB SSD 
2 Hitachi 1-TB HDD'S
FirePro V8800
8X Blu-Ray DVD±R/±RW
HPw2207 22" LCD
Cintiq 21UX
Win 7 Pro 64 bit
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,081
Points 11,700
Joel H replied on Fri, Sep 3 2010 2:14 PM

I'm not sure what was meant by "video review."  If you mean "In-game footage captured using a tool like FRAPS," that's one thing, but it seems quite silly to me to try to get good quality video out of a hand-held camera that'd be filming footage directly off a screen. Similarly, I think it's important to discuss the hardware aspect of games and how they run, but a full-on article about "How X Cards Run SC2" would be an altogether different beast than what I wrote here.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,099
Points 13,965
fat78 replied on Sun, Sep 5 2010 2:27 AM

I got a game for you to review

I was thinking about trying it because it seems very fun from the description. Teddy bear goes on killing spree because he isnt invited to a party.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,809
Points 18,105

I saw that when it came out at E3, Pretty amazing initially!

I was beginning to wonder how someone was gong to top Conkers BFD.

This one is kinda reaching though? It turns out to be a serial killer teddy bear.  Kinda like, Is that what we want to teach our kids! The neat thing is that it is a completely open world, you can destroy everything and use everything to kill other bears.

I think I'll wait for Conkers 2. That one is fun demented, Not Manson demented:P
Intel Core i7-875K Quad
Asetek 510LC 120MM
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro
CyberPower 800 PSU
Kingston 64GB SSD 
2 Hitachi 1-TB HDD'S
FirePro V8800
8X Blu-Ray DVD±R/±RW
HPw2207 22" LCD
Cintiq 21UX
Win 7 Pro 64 bit
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,081
Points 11,700
Joel H replied on Sun, Sep 5 2010 11:56 AM

Fat78, I'd be happy to. Please ship me a PS3, a copy of the game, and accept a 30 day window for review production. PS3 and game will not be returned.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 1,099
Points 13,965
fat78 replied on Sun, Sep 5 2010 7:10 PM

man conker was one of my favorite games, it was my first rated m game i played, and loved it. Bought the remake a few years ago on xbox.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 450
Points 5,345

I think doing PC-centric reviews would be awesome. Too many sites list their multi-platform reviews as PC reviews, like Dragon Age's reviews for example. I saw so many reviewers complaining about the controls, only to realize that they're talking about the 360/PS3 version. I'm willing to bet few reviews of the "PC version" of Crysis 2 will mention how well it scales on various graphics cards.

Just don't focus too much on it. Everybody and their grandmother is doing reviews these days. I know consoles are also fall under the "hardware" moniker, but PC-focused reviewers are far and few in between. Stick to the hardware news and reviews, and maybe post a review on huge release that could potentially greatly impact or be impacted by hardware, like Metro 2033, Crysis, Starcraft 2, etc.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS