Asus X58 Rampage III Extreme Motherboard, Tested Burned-In

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,165
Points 1,185,525
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Tue, Aug 24 2010 12:21 PM
If you're in the market for an X58 motherboard, there are plenty of options available. A quick search fetches countless results that fill a wide range of price points. Budget conscious enthusiasts looking to save some scratch will be happy to find that almost every motherboard maker offers an X58 model under $200. On the other end of the spectrum, companies offer performance enthusiasts and overclockers a number of products that cater to pushing the performance envelope that often manifests itself while attempting to break world records.

Asus provides serious hardware enthusiasts an excellent shot of achieving their goals with the Rampage III Extreme X58 motherboard. As the flagship model from the Republic of Gamers product line, it comes with almost every possible feature you could ask for.
  • | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,795
Points 40,670
Inspector replied on Tue, Aug 24 2010 12:40 PM

Doesn't seem to be much better with benches to the rampage 2, while the rampage 2 beat the rampage 3 in some test :P

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,587
Points 54,890
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Tue, Aug 24 2010 1:43 PM

Yes, this version is about refinement and more features. An X58 chipset is an X58 pretty much, at least when you're talking about boards in the class of manufacturer that Asus is.

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,648
Points 104,085
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Tue, Aug 24 2010 11:16 PM

Dave_HH:
refinement and more features

Yes, I agree, it's feature packed.

I like the true X16 by X16 (SLI or Crossfire) possibilities. This is one thing I'll be looking for in a mainboard fairly soon. Hopefully I can get it for less cash though.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 102
Points 1,315

I have this board and love it.  In my opinion, it continues the legacy of the x48 Rampage Extreme -- thoughtfully designed flagship mobo with tons of overclocking features and potential.  it was great to see the MSRP come in at $379, which was lower than EVGA's competing Classified and also lower than the original MSRP of the Rampage II Extreme, which was a rare ASUS misstep, imo.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,792
Points 28,435

Dave_HH:

Yes, this version is about refinement and more features. An X58 chipset is an X58 pretty much, at least when you're talking about boards in the class of manufacturer that Asus is.

No doubt this board is an OC dream as well as the AMD version, and everytime Asus opens a new bag of tricks I just start slobbering at the thought of going out and getting one. But seeing how I am limited financially I have to go for something a little more to the middle of Asus product line which is fine because Asus has that covered to ! I,ve got my eye on another board already but right now Im going to see how far my current board  the  M4A79DT will take me with the  new bios updates I can go for the BE965 which I intend on doing and play around with some new ram perhaps some G-Skill or OCZ and make good use of this board. I,ll just have to let the big boys with deep pockets play with the upper end toys. It appears that Asus has an bios update also for 6 core 1090 who nows how far this board will go. On the other hand my next board will probably be this Asus addition below!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131631

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 153
Points 1,705
lonewolf replied on Sun, Aug 29 2010 12:44 AM

Waiting on my new RAM to arrive if it does not work I will be in the market for an X58 board. I wonder how this board stacks up against the Asus P6T Deluxe?

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,865
Points 29,645

Hmm I wonder when Asus is going to begin offering limited lifetime warranties on their high end boards such as EVGA is doing.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS