Obama's BlackBerry "No Fun" Due To Presidential Limits

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,388
Points 1,192,390
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Fri, Jul 30 2010 2:03 PM
There's no doubt that the popularity of RIM's BlackBerry handset line has dropped somewhat as newer versions of iOS and Android make the iPhone and the array of Android phones on the market that much more attractive, but for the business people, there's still no real replacement. And you might say that America's President falls into that classification. Barack Obama fought hard early on in order to keep his BlackBerry even though you're supposed to give up your personal phone in exchange for a government-approved phone when you take over as Commander and Chief.

But now that he has been toting that trusty BlackBerry around for a couple of years as President, he doesn't share that same enthusiasm. On a recent appearance on ABC's The View, Obama was asking about his smartphone. His response? "I've got to admit, it's no fun because they think that it's probably going to be subject to the presidential records act, so nobody wants to send me the real juicy stuff." He also confessed that just 10 total people had the authority to send him messages on his BlackBerry. That's sort of comical, but we do feel sort of bad that he fought so hard and now can't even enjoy the spoils of ownership.

But then again, at least he doesn't have to worry about meaningless BBMs in the middle of the night.
  • | Post Points: 110
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,109
Points 38,260
acarzt replied on Sat, Jul 31 2010 2:42 AM

Wow... only 10 people.

That's a pretty limited group...

He should of got a better phone plan :-P

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,486
Points 47,175
ForumsAdministrator

Just another reason that being the President is the Nation's worst job.

SPAM-posters beware! ®

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,109
Points 38,260
acarzt replied on Sat, Jul 31 2010 3:58 AM

lol that's funny...

He does have a really tough job.

He was tossed into a position where he has to clean up the mess the last guy left behind and he get's blamed for a lot of problems that already existed lol

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Sat, Jul 31 2010 4:57 PM

True, true...

Ironic that he has the blackberry he wants but doesn't have interest now that limits have been imposed on it.

"The future starts with you; now start posting more!"

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 450
Points 5,345
sackyhack replied on Sat, Jul 31 2010 5:34 PM

I wonder if Fox News is going to pick this up and turn it into "Obama only has 10 friends; more on why he hates people with Glenn Beck at 5:00".

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,795
Points 40,670
Inspector replied on Sun, Aug 1 2010 12:17 AM

LOL, mind as well use a normal phone, guessing it will be the same futures given. Also its only 7 friends :D. Bet 3 is his wife and daughters :)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,109
Points 38,260
acarzt replied on Sun, Aug 1 2010 2:20 AM

His immediate family probably contacts him on a seperate phone. I wouldn't be surprised if he has multiple phones.

I used to carry around a blackberry for work and then my own phone for personal stuff.

I would assume he would do the same.

Or he could just use the work phone for personal stuff too. Personally I would not do that.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,809
Points 18,105

To bad Y'all are to young to remember the eight years before the last eight years!

Blaming never helps, its still your fault if you are in charge:P

It all started when most of you were born!! Yeah Good times...Ask yo parents, it was good so they decided to have kids! So lets just blame them as well:P

The problem here is he has no limits and it is still someone Else's fault? Yet if he had an IPhone it would have probably been hacked into by the Chinese by now! And it still would have been his predecessors fault:P

Ahhh,..To be fifteen or twenty again....when I knew all the answers and and everyone else was wrong, and that nutshot will not hurt!

Intel Core i7-875K Quad
Asetek 510LC 120MM
4GB Kingston Hyper-X DDR-3
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro
CyberPower 800 PSU
Kingston 64GB SSD 
2 Hitachi 1-TB HDD'S
FirePro V8800
8X Blu-Ray DVD±R/±RW
HPw2207 22" LCD
Cintiq 21UX
CoolerMaster 690II Advance