How Can Eyefinity Change Your Life? Presented by ASUS, HH, and AMD

rated by 0 users
This post has 328 Replies | 20 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
vantone replied on Sun, Jun 20 2010 3:59 AM

Have been waiting for something like this for ages.

I can now toss away the glasses as I can view newspapers in extra large font (from Pressdisplay) on the screen, from all over the world.

These can be viewed full size at a comfortable distance with a specially designed desk (that has lowered space clear in front of viewer).

I can now view architectural and structural drawing from scanned archives (full size (A0) and zoom in to details without taking out magnifying glass.

Much less expensive than 50 inch Mitsubishi (3840 X 2400) display at US$20K, and more versatile, as with a varied angle pivoting monitor stand, you can quickly change configuration for different work tasks.

Now here's an idea, a computer controlled robotic arm on a pedestal that remembers configurations, that can be changed at the click of a button, and adjusts monitor configurations in seconds with exactitude.

This can really be a total entertainment system (once bezel-less monitors become available).

In the meantime, you can watch High definition video with the bezel having little effect with a software tweak that I am sure ATI can accommodate, where it slowly moves the image (like the slight movements of TV show camera shots, which if you notice are never absolutely still) thus whats behind the bezel becomes visible in less than a second.

The bezels merely become a frame from which you view the picture.

Obviously for all serious work, this doesn't matter so much, become the mind can easily decipher the data (words, and lines).

I am in for at least one of these cards, and they are so affordable I will also get one for home.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 102
Points 1,315

How Eyefinity Might Change the Course of Human History

Those who refuse to learn from history
are said to be doomed to repeat it.
So without yet owning Eyefinity,
the past might give clues to why I need it.

Columbus set sail for distant lands
intent to prove that the world is round.
But if he had Eyefinity on hand,
Seeing the curve would prove his theory sound.

In what would become known as his last stand
Custer attacked with a foolhardy charge.
But if he had Eyefinity on hand
He would have seen the looming threat too large.

Bush read a report that Iraq had planned
to obtain weapons to use for terror.
He would have seen that he was in error.

BP's CEO when taking the stand
Claimed "a small spill in a very big ocean".
He might have put better plans in motion.

From this quick delve into history,
We've seen blunder from misguided decision --
Avoidable if they had Eyefinity
and with it the wisdom of clearer vision.

And I, myself, can now understand
having just gone through this exercise,
That having Eyefinity on hand
would have made it easier on my eyes!

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
WaYLoo replied on Sun, Jun 20 2010 12:24 PM

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/4690/eyefinity1.png

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/4822/eyefinity2.png

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,621
Points 103,870
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Sun, Jun 20 2010 5:55 PM

jturnbull65:

Bush read a report that Iraq had planned
He would have seen that he was in error.

This one was my favorite, but even if he'd had Eyefinity, he never would have been able to find all of those buttons that turn on three screens,.....so it would have happened anyway.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 988
Points 10,635
coolice replied on Sun, Jun 20 2010 6:51 PM

Please READ THIS either before or After you watch these videos

Please watch the teaser trailer first, its the prelude to this video:

Heres the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugq8rBLYDAQ

Main Video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHPzZM8HGSo

This is a video and a story. The reason I did a video and story is because so far all the stories are written, and all the videos are descriptions. I tried to implement the best of both worlds.

This video is a visual representation of how the world changed when Eyefinity arrived. The story goes something like this: on a normal day, something crazy arrives (first video), we're clouded in mystery and dont know whats happening. Thats the atmosphere i was trying to achieve with the first video.

The second video (this one), provides a glimpse to the viewers of how exactly Eyefinity is changing my life and the world around me.

Just to make a few concepts clear... when I mention ATI as Atomic Transfer Interface: It simply means that ATI is pathway that allows a connection between many mediums. Had ATI not created the platform for this technology, I wouldnt have been making this video.

Also, i mention here and there that the ability to have 3 or more " subconscious's " is driven by AssumedSubconsciousUtilitySharing or ASUS. These are just made up acronyms to enhance the story and encourage creativity.

This video is just a visual representation of three monitors. The three clones I've made, as i mention early in the video are not clones. What i mean by this is.. for example, if three monitors are used, all three monitors are not showing the same thing, each is doing whatever the user desires. Because there are different things going on in each monitor, it increases overall productivity as the user multi-tasks. Hence i show three people performs various tasks at the same time, and because they share the same conscious, its like having one person do all those things at the same time... or multitasking.

The middle portion where I've added the footage of the various games is just describing how the user, after the "phenomenon" Eyefinity is able to see things. Since the user has a much wider approach to tasks, he/she is able to complete tasks with added ease.

Finally the last portion, there are 3 kids playing a game. The concept i am trying to demonstrate is that those 3 kids are the same, not clones or twins. Its as if they share the same brain, and all three work in unison etc. This is to represent, that after Eyefinity was introduced, 3 monitors or more could be used to play games, get entertained or work.

A short while later I show that while in the middle of the game, each kid does his own little charade. One talks on the phone and replies back his email, the other listens to music and the third watches a movie. This can be related to using 3 monitors for various applications. As one monitor can be used to game with, the others can be used to do something else (that is: watch a movie, listen to music and complete work). Multitasking on a whole new level.

I would like to thank the members of Hot Hardware presenting me with the opportunity to learn Sony Vegas. Had this competition not been created, i would have never bothered learning something as complex as this.

I would also like to thank the sponsors, AMD, ATI and Asus (Tripple A ehh... save drivers and computer enthusiasts)

PS This is my first time doing anything like this. I starting making these videos a week ago. I know the graphics arent the best. Also, i want to apologize as this video is not in HD... you may watch it at 480p. The reason for this is because i dont own a camcorder. I used my 8mp Sony camera and strategically placed 2 mic's to capture sounds.

A LOT OF TIME went into the production of this video... and it was all worth it. Feel free to leave comments on youtube and there. Please dont request for tutorials, although i'll answer questions to the best of my ability... i learnt the basics of Sony Vegas from scratch by doing lots of research, reading, watching videos and experimenting, you can do the same =)

Also, thank you Ryerson University for providing my older brother with the software needed to complete this project.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
AdamsterK replied on Sun, Jun 20 2010 7:00 PM

Hi :)

How would Eyefinity change my life?

Efficiency of course! It's all about efficiency! Nothing would justify having +2 screens if it wasn't for making your life easier and more convenient. For example, school and work.. how awesome is it that you have one screen for Excel, other screen for online book/assignments, and third one for youtube and entertainment sorts? It's brilliant! Oh, and gaming? Imagine the depth of content you'll be able to see! I love First Person Shooting games and having +2 screens mean I can let the game content come to live in my tiny room! With a [super]wider viewing angle Eyefinity brings advantages.. it's the future of gaming revolution. Period.

And what would I do if I had it right now?

First, it'll replace my centrino duo laptop with integrated graphics. I can't even watch HD on youtube or play any games! Definitely switching this to Linux if I win.

Second, save up enough money to buy necessary parts to build a computer to run ATI 5000 series graphic card, oh yeah~

Lastly, do all the things I've always wanted to do like video & sound editing, use it to further tap into my creative side, and play awesome games of course!

Thank you for the chance :)

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 435
Points 6,255

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylKoC7mFSJM

http://jeffcolia.com/EYEFINITY/

This is my entry for the eyefinity contest. This was fun, Thanks Hothardware.com, AMD, and ASUS for the chance to compete.

The upper link is youtube, and the lower is my site, be sure to use caps.

i7 950 - ASUS Rampage 3 Extreme - ASUS GTX 570 - AZZA Hurricane - 6 GB Corsair 1600 - Corsair AX750 - WD 1tb black  Cool Thank You HH!!!!!!Cool

AMD 1090T - MSI 890FXA-GD70 - XFX HD5850 x2 - CM Storm Scout - 8GB Kingston HyperX 1600 - Corsair HX850 - Sammy spinpoint f3 

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
takuya replied on Sun, Jun 20 2010 10:51 PM

Hi, here is my entry to “How Can Eyefinity Change Your Life?”

Initially to me, Eyefinity seems to be like the introduction of widescreen formats to replace those standard 4:3. I remember in those days I was a vivid Counter Strike player. As I was still stuck with a standard CRT, I find myself getting killed from nowhere quite often. And to my horror to actually find out that they are just slightly over the edge of the screen. There are also cases where I sneaked upon them for a knife kill from what I assumed to be a blind spot, which turned out to be an utter epic failure. And ever since then, for competitive reasons and jealousy, I’ve yearned for a new screen… more strongly so for an LCD.

My first widescreen came to me as I graduated from high school. My mum bought me a Dell Inspiron, which for your information, is really obsolete today. However I’m still stuck to it because of emotional values and personal budget problems. Anyways, widescreen brought a whole new dimension to me in terms of gaming and productivity. With those extra pixels on the sides, viewing angle increases, and I’m ready to pawn more people! Throughout then, I’ve met people who actually claimed that I use aimbots and what not because I’m not supposed to be able to see them! Now I wonder why I did not have this line of thought prior to this.

The ATI Eyefinity is the dawn of a whole new era to monitors. Although there are already solutions to multiple monitors; they are neither flexible nor consistent. And it’s usually restricted to just 2 screens, which is my crippled setup now (My primary display being 1680 by 1050 and a Samsung TV, 1360 by 768). It doesn’t please me that much for obvious reasons, but I’m still grateful due to the extra space. With this setup, I find that my efficiency increases a lot when I do my assignments and finish reports from university. And with Eyefinity, I’m very sure that I will be once again taken to a whole new level of viewing, with more ability to multitask between my work and hobbies.

It’s very sad to see that my days of gaming are over since the day I upgraded to Windows 7, not being able to find a suitable driver for my graphic card. So when I saw this competition with just an hour to expiry, my hopes to get back to the scene rises! I then decided to give it a shot!

I hope you guys won’t consider this hassle to read and thank you very much if you have done so!

Not Ranked
Posts 30
Points 310

Horizontal FOV is fixed to 90 degrees in Counter Strike.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Mon, Jun 21 2010 2:54 AM

HuskyPkTeam:

Horizontal FOV is fixed to 90 degrees in Counter Strike.

He's right. Mostly the field of view that our eyes can see are 100 degrees at least that's what I think. Personally with the 3 monitors covering your entire perspective. It gives you an immersive gaming experience (the realism depends on the graphics, sound and gameplay), also with the 3 monitors is the fact that you can do anything since it gives you loads of real estate and if you're the kind of guy who's doing something or wants to do something that takes more then 1 screen then this is for you. The graphics card also has uses for movie editing and 3D modeling BTW.

"The future starts with you; now start posting more!"

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Posts 30
Points 310

You're totally right!

In most FPS games, if you somehow increase the horizontal FOV it's considered cheating.

But racing games... oh yea, i'd love to see that

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Mon, Jun 21 2010 3:52 AM

Okay. Kinda late in the contest but here's my fourth entry. Here's what my desktop would look like if I had eyefinity.

Okay, some of the apps aren't on there such as movie editing software and audio editing software but the concept is still there, plus coupled with the power of the Radeon HD 5850; I can truly do anything.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,621
Points 103,870
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Mon, Jun 21 2010 8:43 AM

I thought that they shut this contest down last night at midnight?

(no more entries folks) That's what it says on page one of this thread anyway.

Now we wait, and they'll announce the winner sometime between now and Wednesday at midnight.

Again, let me say good luck to everyone. This has been one of the more interesting contests that they've had here. (if not a little emotional at times) Super Angry

But my point is that there have been quit a few interesting and creative submissions. HotHardware has their work cut out for them this time deciding who gets these prizes. Smile

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,795
Points 40,670
Inspector replied on Mon, Jun 21 2010 10:20 AM

Bet they already have a winner :P, just waiting for the last day and midnight like every other contest/sweepstakes ... lol

Best of luck to all!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,621
Points 103,870
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Mon, Jun 21 2010 11:05 AM

TaylorKarras:
Mostly the field of view that our eyes can see are 100 degrees at least that's what I think. Personally with the 3 monitors covering your entire perspective. It gives you an immersive gaming experience (the realism depends on the graphics, sound and gameplay), also with the 3 monitors is the fact that you can do anything since it gives you loads of real estate

So some questions for someone who may have had a chance to play with a 3 screen setup:

How does Unreal Tournament III look on this setup?

And Crysis?

Quake games?

I know that most of these are not real system intensive titles, but how will they look, feel, and play?

Just wondering,....

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 341
Points 4,490
slugbug replied on Mon, Jun 21 2010 12:05 PM

Best of luck to everyone.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 435
Points 6,255

Some really great entries here.

@realneil I hooked my monitor up to my girlfriends pc(she has a 5850), and played some games to record for the vid. I missed out on the eyefinity experience, because I only had two monitors, and my crosshair was right in between them. Needles to say, the visuals were stunning. I can only imagine playing with three!

good luck everyone!

i7 950 - ASUS Rampage 3 Extreme - ASUS GTX 570 - AZZA Hurricane - 6 GB Corsair 1600 - Corsair AX750 - WD 1tb black  Cool Thank You HH!!!!!!Cool

AMD 1090T - MSI 890FXA-GD70 - XFX HD5850 x2 - CM Storm Scout - 8GB Kingston HyperX 1600 - Corsair HX850 - Sammy spinpoint f3 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,809
Points 18,105

Well if you live in Huskypk's timezone this would have been over last thursdayIndifferent

Its good to see that everyone has really been steeping up their game! Lets hope that they stick around after putting in all that work for their entries.

Good Luck All!!!
Intel Core i7-875K Quad
Asetek 510LC 120MM
4GB Kingston Hyper-X DDR-3
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro
CyberPower 800 PSU
Kingston 64GB SSD 
2 Hitachi 1-TB HDD'S
FirePro V8800
8X Blu-Ray DVD±R/±RW
HPw2207 22" LCD
Cintiq 21UX
CoolerMaster 690II Advance
Win 7 Pro 64 bit
Special thanks to HotHardware.com!
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,809
Points 18,105
OK, We can all Blame Bush when we don't win this Eyefinity system :P

I know personally, how having a southern accent can make people use you as a political punching bag.
"Bush read a report that Iraq had planned
He would have seen that he was in error."
I guess they forget the video of the UN inspectors getting held while they moved trucks out the back, Or March of 1988!?
They are only lying when they are not the ones you support?
I guess it depends on what your definition of IS...IS!
Intel Core i7-875K Quad
Asetek 510LC 120MM
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro
CyberPower 800 PSU
Kingston 64GB SSD 
2 Hitachi 1-TB HDD'S
FirePro V8800
8X Blu-Ray DVD±R/±RW
HPw2207 22" LCD
Cintiq 21UX
Win 7 Pro 64 bit
Not Ranked
Posts 30
Points 310

Hahaaaa! Man i dont live on the moon! Big Smile

By the way, where's the random weekly draw?

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 102
Points 1,315

Hi AnimatorTom,

I had a moment of pause on incorporating the Bush one for fear of ruffling political feathers, but in the end I decided that everyone -- regardless of party alignment -- should see the humor in the situation that I presented: overlooking one word might spurn an entire chain of events, and that Eyefinity would have prevented it.

Regards!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,621
Points 103,870
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Mon, Jun 21 2010 9:44 PM

animatortom:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halabja_poison_gas_attack

The only problem with quoting Wikipedia articles as fact, is that anyone can log in and change the data around to suit their point of view. You have to take their data with a grain of salt.

My wife disallows Wikipedia as a reference source when students submit term papers to her for grading for that reason.

I understand the the events you refer to happened, at least I believe it's true because the Iraqi regime at that time was brutal. They were murdering bastards.

Every single news service in the world carried stories of this and other atrocities carried out by Saddam and Chemical Ali who was finally hanged for his crimes not too long ago.

Bush was a political punching bag because he was lame. It had nothing to do with his accent.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,809
Points 18,105
Thats cool!

We all try to be Un-Biased around here :)

I know realNeil saw the humor in it. I was just responding on behalf of southerners. I was just trying to illustrate the humor of politicians telling us the truth.

As a History Buff, We could have talked about how it wasn't Custer's fault, he just jumped orders only to become the patsy? or how Columbus wasn't the first to reach the Americas? Or how Hayward cant go down and suck it up with a straw, but its all his fault.

So all in good fun. We are all about tech here :) I have found that most of us have a good understanding of world history and how it has lead to the development of our technological advancements.

You gave a good submission, so stay hopeful. Hot Hardware has some really cool giveaways. So stick around and set this as your homepage :)
Intel Core i7-875K Quad
Asetek 510LC 120MM
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro
CyberPower 800 PSU
Kingston 64GB SSD 
2 Hitachi 1-TB HDD'S
FirePro V8800
8X Blu-Ray DVD±R/±RW
HPw2207 22" LCD
Cintiq 21UX
Win 7 Pro 64 bit
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,809
Points 18,105
OK Neil,

What politician isn't lame? Its easy to create a punching bag when they don't respond because they are doing their job. Like the old saying says.

When all is going right...No one notices. When one thing goes wrong everyone knows about it!

I get my history from all sources and do my research, Video dont lie. When I hear about this WMD stuff it always reminds me of the videos I have seen in the past. I remembered seeing the videos on the news and later on history channel. I just pulled the Wiki for an info intro:)

Remember History is written by the victors! That is why Vietnam is only taught for thirty minutes in our schools. Sorry dad?

We might have to move this to general discussions :P
Intel Core i7-875K Quad
Asetek 510LC 120MM
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro
CyberPower 800 PSU
Kingston 64GB SSD 
2 Hitachi 1-TB HDD'S
FirePro V8800
8X Blu-Ray DVD±R/±RW
HPw2207 22" LCD
Cintiq 21UX
Win 7 Pro 64 bit
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 988
Points 10,635
coolice replied on Mon, Jun 21 2010 10:11 PM

Hmm... I hope my entry got ppl thinking a bit, because thats what i wanted to convey... a confused hardcore story so viewers thiink... Damn coolice's submission didnt make sense/ sucked etc.

I just wanted to thank the positive criticism I received from Taylor... i'll try my best not to do those mistakes again and try to make future submissions rich.

I'll be honest... i've just recently started to divulge into computers... never bothered much before. Hence i usually dont post comments etc, and i usually never become a member of a website. Mainly because most of the questions and confusion i have deal with stuff i dont own (computer hardware etc) hence, i dont bother. If you're going to look into my history of using this website and how many posts i've made etc, dont bother... all my posts so far have been on this thread. Will i leave this website and never revisit again?? Out of the question... dont even ask me that, or imply it in anyway. I'm here to stick around and read... posting comments for me comes secondary because writing crap like "ohh thats soo cool, i wonder ____________" to me isnt productive.

Another thing, I'm not going to rant about how crappy my setup is etc (though it is) and how i need to win. i dont need anybody's pity. I saw what other people posted and just tried to up the ante, to spruce up the competition. Also, I wanted to take this opportunity to teach myself more about the technology involved and to personally learn some applications i see people use on youtube... and this competition was my motivation to stay up at wee hours of the night while going to school etc.

I just want to wish all the contestants GOOD LUCK!!!! Ohh and i personally love Animatortom's render (all of them... i want to learn how you did all that) and the Video submitted by Marius Malek! And finally the healthy criticism by TaylorKarras

Cheers from the Great White North

Cool Ice

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,359
Points 48,655
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Marco C replied on Mon, Jun 21 2010 11:23 PM

jturnbull65 - You're the final random drawing winner! Please shoot me a note with your full contact information, and we'll get the prizes sent out.

Please note, this DOES NOT preclude you from winning the grand prize! Thanks for your entry!

Marco Chiappetta
Managing Editor @ HotHardware.com

Follow Marco on Twitter

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 498
Points 6,040

Oh Marco how you taunt me and everyone else here T.T

My Isaac Clark signature perfectly represents my current anxiety haha. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,621
Points 103,870
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Mon, Jun 21 2010 11:32 PM

"What politician isn't lame?"  They're all lame.

"Its easy to create a punching bag" It was unbelievable easy with Bush. It's getting to be a cakewalk with Obama too. Too many broken promises,...

"When one thing goes wrong everyone knows about it!"  When anything goes wrong in any way, the press is on it like stink on a dog turd. They're picking the fly crap out of everyone's pepper daily and it will never stop. It's our wonderful new age of communication and 'open mics'.

I didn't say that I don't believe what you said, I just called that source as possibly bogus. My wife had a student a few years ago who changed George's birthday by one day in Wikipedia right in front of her eyes,....... just to prove to her that he could do it.

It stayed that way for three days before someone changed it back. Anyone reading about our illustrious Prez on those three days had the wrong information.

"History is written by the victors!"  Yeah, you should see how it's written in Vietnam.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,621
Points 103,870
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Mon, Jun 21 2010 11:33 PM

jturnbull65,... congratulations! Yes

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,795
Points 40,670
Inspector replied on Mon, Jun 21 2010 11:45 PM

Congrats Jturn! Hope you enjoy your little prize :).

Now we wait for the GRAND prize announcement! (Then rush him/her to the hospital for fainting from the excitement...)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Tue, Jun 22 2010 1:13 AM

I'd just like to say, good luck to the grand prize winner... whoever he/she is...

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,809
Points 18,105

Congrats jturnbull!

Remember to stick around after you win the big prize. The contests seem to get better every timeCool

Intel Core i7-875K Quad
Asetek 510LC 120MM
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro
CyberPower 800 PSU
Kingston 64GB SSD 
2 Hitachi 1-TB HDD'S
FirePro V8800
8X Blu-Ray DVD±R/±RW
HPw2207 22" LCD
Cintiq 21UX
Win 7 Pro 64 bit
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 102
Points 1,315

Heh... you should say "Remember to stick around whether or not you win the big prize." It's hardly a foregone conclusion :P

But I definitely intend to include HotHardware among the tech websites I visit. In my short time visiting, I've already found more interesting and unique content than the same regurgitated material on some other sites that shall remain nameless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,561
Points 54,715
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Tue, Jun 22 2010 9:58 AM

Thanks for the kind words, Jturn.  Smile  And we'd love to make that a prerequisite for all contests but in the end, we hope folks will just stick around for the same reasons or similar to those you described here.

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 988
Points 10,635
coolice replied on Tue, Jun 22 2010 2:23 PM

Yea... i agree with jturn, thats how i found out about this competition, surfing on this website etc, i like it better than some of the other websites... cause atleast i get an overall glimpse of various technologies apart from strictly hardware.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Tue, Jun 22 2010 2:24 PM

jturnbull65:

Heh... you should say "Remember to stick around whether or not you win the big prize." It's hardly a foregone conclusion :P

But I definitely intend to include HotHardware among the tech websites I visit. In my short time visiting, I've already found more interesting and unique content than the same regurgitated material on some other sites that shall remain nameless.

Most news sites always regurgitate from one another, and it always comes back to the source. But the most interesting stuff you should be looking for are the reviews, guides and how-to's. those always have unique content no matter what. Anyways, hope you stick around and actually post.

Also sorry to be rude but some criticisms about your entry. I like the effort put into it but this would never fly in real life. If Columbus actually had eyefinity and presented that as evidence that the world was round, then the people would laugh his ass off and the world would remain flat until someone had actually traveled around the earth unintended.

Each human has the same POV as eyefinity would have. I don't know how eyefinity could of helped George Armstrong Custer unless he invented the security camera and hooked them up to his eyefinity system.

I don't agree but it's a funny joke. George W. Bush can't read at all, even with Eyefinity.

Lastly. I don't think eyefinity would help BP in anyway, BP I think has 1 or 2 monitors per PC. He could of seen that oil leak even without eyefinity but then again, how will their corporate image go once they discover that they made an even bigger oil spill. Oh wait, it already happened, their image is suffering.

It's a good effort but I guess it's not for me. Also if you win this setup, I recommend you stretch Photoshop across the left screen and leave a web browser on the right. It should make more use of the Eyefinity setup then a Web Browser on the left, Photoshop in the Center and another Web Browser on the right.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 102
Points 1,315

Hi Taylor,

Right, I was speaking to the original content.  I don't think I mentioned news specifically.

I appreciate your criticisms and don't interpret it as rude.  Mostly, I interpret it as being very passionate about winning but be careful not to discredit others as it degrades the good spirit of the competition.

With respect to my entry, it was intended as satire and not to be taken literally.  

Kind regards, jturnbull65

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,621
Points 103,870
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Tue, Jun 22 2010 3:12 PM

jturnbull65:
I appreciate your criticisms and don't interpret it as rude.  Mostly, I interpret it as being very passionate about winning but be careful not to discredit others as it degrades the good spirit of the competition.

Hear hear!

jturnbull65:
With respect to my entry, it was intended as satire and not to be taken literally.

Yeah most of us got that, and I liked your entry, all of it.   Good luck with it.

RealNeil.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,795
Points 40,670
Inspector replied on Tue, Jun 22 2010 4:44 PM

Lets just leave it at... HOTHARDWARE is the best

Also theres no need to talk about others entry, and this contest never said it had to be a real story :) or have to make sense... lol Just have fun and enjoy :)

Good Luck All!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,809
Points 18,105

OK back to the schoolyard Indifferent

If either George Armstrong Custer (Or Buffalo Bill if you read the same history books as Taylor), Or Columbus had Eyefinity? Everyone around them would be saying "What the #$&* is that! Then would scream WITCH!!!

If George Walker Bush had Eyefinity, He would be saying "Hey that's amazn, howz it work...is it magic!" Then he would scream Witch!!

If Anthony Bryan Hayward saw Eyefinity, he would have seen the size of the spill. but then he would have said "That's amazing, can it display a picture of my yacht across all three screens?"

Good Luck EVERYONE Cool

Intel Core i7-875K Quad
Asetek 510LC 120MM
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro
CyberPower 800 PSU
Kingston 64GB SSD 
2 Hitachi 1-TB HDD'S
FirePro V8800
8X Blu-Ray DVD±R/±RW
HPw2207 22" LCD
Cintiq 21UX
Win 7 Pro 64 bit
Page 6 of 9 (329 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS