Posts 2
Points 10
RayWitts replied on Wed, May 26 2010 6:14 PM

change my life? don't you mean everyone’s life

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 19
Points 150

Would change my life, Would love to get rid of these hulking monitors I'm currently using and move to flat screens, Definitely could use the power associated with the 5870s. Would be a dream really ^_^. (typing this up as I'm installing the new 10.5 ATI Drivers)

Multiple monitors allow me to be much more productive with my gaming time.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
dasDude replied on Thu, May 27 2010 12:24 AM

First of all this thing is some REALLY sweet stuff.

If ASUS woul have given me the 5870, it would change my life!! It would call for better gaming and i can let my cousin do hid video stuff on my pc(his one sucks)! i can even let others in my locality enjoy this mind blowing gaphics. And maybe it can help me supplement my dads income(which is around 200$p.m.)?

ASUS help me rise from levels of mockery to Pride and envy!!

ASUS ROCKS!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Thu, May 27 2010 2:06 AM

Well it's official. These people are expecting Eyefinity to change their *gaming* life. Here's another story/entry from me. But from a different perspective.

In 2009, deep in the city of Iraq, there was a war going on between the United States and the terrorist group Al-Qaeda. There was a woman named Syleene Johnson who was a communications officer for the US army, she handled communications for any soldiers in the air or on the ground, re appropriating them when necessary. One day, her superior officer Mrs. Jenny arrived suddenly and Mrs. Johnson was surprised because she did not expect her to be here today. "Mrs. Jenny, what are you doing here." said Johnson with suspense and Mrs. Jenny then said "A squad of soldiers has been trapped and is now surrounded by a bunch of terrorists, we need you to fly a drone and figure out where the terrorists are hiding." said Jenny and Johnson was shaking, he had not flown a drone before, nor could she find confidence in herself. Jenny, seeing the fear inside Johnson, said "Don't worry, it'll be easy to fly. All you gotta do is find the terrorists and identify them for us, do you understand?" and Johnson, still shaking, said "Yes" and Jenny gave her some rare words of encouragement. "I know what your feeling, I used to have it when I first started my job and you know how I dealt with it? I dealt with it by being strong and most of all, I dealt with it by being direct." She then paused for a second and she continued on saying "You gotta face with any fears you might have, and you gotta face with them directly. In other words, just do it." and Johnson felt more motivated then she ever did in her lifetime, and she gave a rare sense of gratitude to her superior by saying "Thank you; Mrs. Jenny. I'm going to get on the computer and I am going to find those terrorists." and Jenny, with a sense of accomplishment on her face, left the room to allow Johnson to do her own thing.

She opened a viewer program and she hooked up the nearest Joystick to her computer to control the drone. Her sense of fear then came back for a moment but her fears were extinguished as she controlled the drone with relative ease with a smile on her face. She then forced the drone into the city and controlled the 360 degree onboard camera on the Drone to find the terrorists. On the ground, a terrorist with a sniper rifle saw the Drone and thinking that it was a small enough threat to be controlled, put his eye near the scope, aimed at the drone; the terrorist cleared his mind of any bad thoughts that might throw off his aim and he shot the drone; the bullet hit the drone but it didn't bring it down, it just hit the part of the camera that allowed it to move. Back at the base, Johnson tried to move the camera but discovered that she could not; thinking quick on her feat, she guesses that a bullet has disabled the motors and therefore, inhibited the ability to move the camera. Sensing that somebody on the ground might know about the drone, she flies the drone as fast as she can out of the city and lands it at a nearby airfield. Johnson then picks up her walkie talkie, turns it on and radios for her superior Mrs. Jenny. "Mrs. Jenny; Mrs. Jenny, come in; do you read?"; there was dead air for a while, until Johnson heard a voice coming from her walkie talkie. "Johnson, what's going on, what happened to the drone?" and with some fear, she said "Nothing major, but the camera's motors have been hit." and Jenny, annoyed by what she is hearing, tells her "What can I do about it?" and Johnson then says "I don't know, maybe you can replace the camera's motors?" and Jenny then says "We don't even have any spare parts, we just go by what we've got. We're basically even lucky just to get some equipment around here." and Johnson, now concerned about the fact that she can't identify the terrorists on the ground, then says "How am I going to find the terrorists now." and Jenny then says "Hold on, I got a package that will help you do what you're trying to do." and Johnson, proud as ever, then says "Oh Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!" with excessive joy.

Minutes have passed, she was waiting at the door inside her trailer waiting for Jenny with that package that she was talking about. Johnson then heard a knock on the door, Johnson then opened it up and she discovered that it was Jenny. "Oh Jenny, do you have that package?" said Johnson with anxiousness and Jenny said "I've got the package right here." and it was a big brown cardboard box. Johnson then takes the box nonchalantly and says "Thank You Jenny!" and then she closes the door. She anxiously puts the package on the desk and opens it up with a cardboard knife, when she opened the flaps, she was surprised by what she saw; a ASUS Radeon HD 5870 and 3 monitors. Johnson, confused and angry, screams out "What am I going to do with this?" and Johnson, having no other choice, took the dive as she installed the ASUS Radeon HD 5870 and the 3 monitors. When she turned on her computer, she discovered that the desktop was now stretched to three screens, but it did not amaze her as she had been in the Army for 4 years now. She then opened up the viewer program and discovered that she could now see from the left and right; this would make her happy as she was now able to find the terrorists she promised Jenny she would find. Johnson then took out the Joystick and she taxied the drone around the runway; as she prepared herself for takeoff, she checked to see if everything was within parameters; she then eased on the throttle and the Drone started to roll down the runway. The drone was gaining speed, she was not sure when to lift up or whether it would roll off the runway but she remembered the speech that Jenny gave earlier so she took the chance and started to steadily pull up on the Joystick; the Drone had trouble taking off at first but it finally got into the sky and Jenny was filled with a sense of joy and excitement.

He then headed back to the city where thanks to Eyefinity, she was able to look left and right. She was flying down the city when she noticed something strange in the distance, so she began to film what the Drone was seeing and then after a while she put the Drone on autopilot; she opened up the movie that the drone had just filmed and began to watch it and she paused when she saw something. Looking to the left and right, she saw that the terrorists that were surrounding the squad of soldiers. She then began to analyze the footage deeply, analyzing where they were; after a few minutes, she discovered that the terrorists were occupying the buildings on the East, West and South. With this information on hand, she radioed army ommand on her walkie talkie. "Central Command, come in; Central Command come in. This is Syleene Johnson, communications officer; Central Command come in." and after seconds of dead air, someone answered her call. "Hello, this is Central Command, what are you speaking to us about." and Johnson, thinking fast, says "About your squad, I discovered where the terrorists are hiding, sending the images to you now." And she got on her computer and sent the images containing where the terrorists were positioned to Central Command; they received the images and they realized that the squad that was trapped now has the intel to take out the terrorists and escape. Central Command then radioed back Johnson saying "Thank you Johnson, we'll make sure that you get a recommendation." and Johnson, with a tear in her eye, holds up her walkie talkie and says "Thank you, sir.", holding back tears. Jenny, her superior officer then comes into the trailer after hearing about the big news. "I heard that someone helped a squad today, what's going on." and he said "Today, I found out where the terrorists were hiding and I helped the squad out!" and Jenny, feeling proud for what Johnson had done today, says proudly. "Great, so what are you going to do now?" and Johnson, not sure, tells her "I think I'll be behind the UAV alot" and Jenny says "That's great, we need a girl like you to work the drones." and Johnson, seeing the pride in Jenny's eyes, says to Jenny "You know what, I think I'll do it." and Jenny says "Wonderful, I'll forward your request to Central Command and she if they'll consider you." and Johnson then said "Thank you Jenny, no seriously, thank you a lot." and Jenny, after hearing that, left the room. Johnson was unsure if she was going to get the job or not but one things for certain, she did help save a squad from certain death, and it's all thanks to the ASUS Radeon HD 5870 and Eyefinity.

The End.

"The future starts with you; now start posting more!"

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 10

Please view my picture entry below:

http://twitpic.com/1rgiqt

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 180
Points 1,660

i must not want this so much!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

a story about a boy

every week this boy goes to school 5 days he works a few nights and on weekends. he is bored and depressed every day at school and every time he tries to suppress the anger he feels working for such an incompetent employer. his teachers describe him as unmotivated and that he needs to start working harder and if he tried he could really do great things, but he doesn't listen he doesn't care, his employer often says that sometimes he seems to be concentrating inwardly and that sometimes he seems to to oblivious to whats happening around him, says if he's not careful he might loose his job, unfortunately he needs that job.

this boy needs his job because he needs every dollar he makes. he has to pay for his internet connection and mobile phone bill, every other dollar he saves and spends it towards the only thing that really matters to him. his computer, his sanctuary, the place where he spends every spare moment he has. his games, his online friends, his music, his movies. he loves them all spends all his time all his money all his effort into upgrading organizing and improving his computer. his family think he's a bit strange, they don't understand him, how his computer is his passion his computer is his life and what he does in the real world is all just what he has to put up with in order to be able to spend as much time as possible at his computer.

he has recently run into a string of problems with parts of his computer breaking, not having the money to replace the parts and not having the time to get them repaired under warranty. for the past week he has been between parts and is becoming very frustrated it now appears that when his power supply broke it also burnt out either his motherboard or possibly his graphics card, it will 2 weeks till he can get them fixed, 2 or the worst weeks of his life.

in case you didn't guess this boy is me and an eyefinity setup is my dream come true. having this system would make me so happy and take off some of the stress. I've got my fingers crossed

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
ana3mic replied on Thu, May 27 2010 10:21 AM

I'm addicted to gaming, my first memories of playing games are from when I was like 5 or 6 on my late fathers then office Pravetz 8C which is a Bulgarian-made clone of Apple II, very cool for it's time. I remember paying games like Karateka and Moon Patrol which replaced my time 'till his shift was over from staying on the shooting range trying to do my best holding the rifles 'cause I was very tiny at that age. It was big fun and I think I still have some games on 5 1/4 inch Floppy Disk hanging around.

But here's the thing: I'm writing this on a PC I bought like 8 years ago, it has a AMD AthlonXP 2200+ (that's like 1800Mhz with 256KB of L2 cache), an Asus A7N8X mobo with the magnificent (for its time) nForce2 chipset, 1GB of DDR-333 (not DDR3, not even DDR2, just plain old DDR) of RAM. It had an ATI 9600Pro VGA witch gone faulty beyond repair a few years ago, and am now using a AGP NVidia 7300GT gifted to me by a friend who got a better one some months after mine gone bad. And it's all putted through a 17" CRT Dell E773c display which I even can't remember how I got my hands on. So a couple of years ago I started saving for a new PC, 'cause this one can't run a single new game and ever chokes on HD video and other stuff that is easy on newer ones. I was almost buying one when some bad luck struck me (you know losing my job, a bit of family related issues and the f**king world economics crisis on top of all), so those money saved me but I lost my chance to get a new PC. Now I'm in my way of collecting cash again, I'm in love with the new X4 Black Edition Quad Cores, the 880/890 chipsets and with the HD 5000 family, especially the 5850. So that goes like more then $1100 for the PC alone, which is like 3-4 times my whole monthly salary. But I can't put it all in a PC, because like a normal human being I have expenses like food, fees, taxes and so on. So it cost me like and year to accumulate almost $900, I even quitted smoking and started going out less to do that.So here comes the opportunity from one of my favorite hardware sites and my favorite hardware manufacturer to win the VGA of my dreams or even a better one plus an array of displays. So why don't give it a shot, luck can be one my side from time to time, 'cause you know "It's always greener on the other side". It doesn't hurt to dream once in a while, and it's a wonderful and beautiful thing when your dreams come true. And here's a promise: If I win I'll post pictures of the build which I'll do on my own because it's great fun to do that, and also throw a LAN party in my apartment to show the rig to my friends. I'll do that even if I don't win but it will be more fun and really sooner with some help from you guys.

Keep up the good work on one of the best hardware sites and keep supporting your fans with contests and giveaways while writing good reviews and doing maybe the best and accurate benchmarks of modern hardware these days.

Greetings from Bulgaria.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
rms replied on Thu, May 27 2010 1:37 PM

All is quiet nearby. I creep through the abandoned house, with the wind whipping against the eaves, rain pouring in through the broken windows. Distant moans...is that an old house creaking, or...?

Time to go. The evacuation point is two streets over. Pushing through the swinging porch door, the sudden crack of a twig swings my head to the left. A distraction! I whip to the right, too late! The teeth sink into my neck, I fall...

If only I'd had the increased peripheral vision of an Eyefinity setup, this story would've had a happier ending. Don't let this happen to you!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 283
Points 2,780
Chainzsaw replied on Thu, May 27 2010 2:09 PM

Short but very funny! Haha, I like. Nice one rms.

Also all the stories in here are interesting too.

Current computer:

Asus G73JH-A1

Core i7 720QM

Mobility Radeon 5870 1GBVRAM

8GB Ram

1 X OCZ Vertex 2 120GB SSD

1 X 500GB HDD

17.3FHD (1080P) Panel

Blu Ray Drive (reader)

HDMI Out

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
Peresh replied on Thu, May 27 2010 9:43 PM

My Image :

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/3180/sinttulo1ig.jpg

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 344
Points 4,535
slugbug replied on Fri, May 28 2010 12:14 AM

I'm currently running a noisy 8800GT with a five year old Dell 22"monitor so an ATI Eyefinity setup with a 5870 and three 23" monitors would be a huge upgrade for me. Gaming with a setup like this would be like night and day from what I use now. Lag and poor frame rates would be a thing of the past and gaming would be fun again.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,490
Points 47,190
ForumsAdministrator

Before Eyefinity:

After Eyefinity:

SPAM-posters beware! ®

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 15

How Eyefinity can change your life?

Less stress! Lower blood pressure, and more overall Zen!

- No more starting a round in Battlefield Bad company 2, only to find out the enemy has loaded in faster and has already came to your main and stolen your one piece of armor on the map, so that you get spawn camped for the entire round.

-No more getting knifed in the side, without knowing the enemy is coming in the door to your right, because you can only see the 65 degree Field of View w/o Eyefinity (as compared to maxing out the Field of view as seen by ATI's Eyefinity tool http://sites.amd.com/us/underground/products/eyefinity/Pages/eyefinity-experience.aspx

-No more overall tantrums / fits of rage quitting, when you get repeatedly killed by people you haven't even seen come around the corner when you were watching that corner the whole time, those extra 20-40 frames per second could mean the difference between life and death, and who likes to die over and over again, especially from some player named Barney The Purple dinosaur!

What you would do with Eyefinity if you had it right now?

-I'd go Pro, Join a top competing clan such as Dynamic, Complexity, or NET, and I'd endorse ATI, AMD, & Hot Hardware at every event, even coming up with my own Tshirt design to show my appreciation and wear while terrorizing gamers with my awesome setup, not to mention the number of people who stop by my lan seat just to see what real gaming is suppose to look like, I'd be recommnding ATI & AMD every step of the way. I'd purposely go to Nvidia sponsored events and show them up, in all aspects of gaming from framerates & benchmarks to complete gaming experiance.

I'd also have to buy or create a mask to wear that would match the ASUS republic of gaming logo 9and probably some superman tights as well!!

I'd definitely have to change my name from OregonSlacker to God of Gaming!! ;)

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 435
Points 6,255

I'm going to buy all this stuff anyway. Please save me some money for water cooling. Thank you

i7 950 - ASUS Rampage 3 Extreme - ASUS GTX 570 - AZZA Hurricane - 6 GB Corsair 1600 - Corsair AX750 - WD 1tb black  Cool Thank You HH!!!!!!Cool

AMD 1090T - MSI 890FXA-GD70 - XFX HD5850 x2 - CM Storm Scout - 8GB Kingston HyperX 1600 - Corsair HX850 - Sammy spinpoint f3 

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 120
mjcrab replied on Sun, May 30 2010 3:37 AM

I am an Alien from another planet. My mission began here years ago, my job was to monitor technical development on the planet and see when Earth would be at an appropriate technical level for contact. I worked under-cover as a technician. This way I could more closely keep an eye on technological advancement.

I enlisted in the Air Force to see first hand our technical training capabilities and became a certified Avionics technician. I then worked in General Aviation for 20 years as an Avionics technician. This allowed me to explore more of the world and keep in touch with technology.

There was just one minor flaw in all this. After extended time on Earth, my alien body is breaking down due to the pollution and exposure to all of Earths bacteria and germs. I became unable to continue working because of the deterioration of my alien body. In order to continue studying our technology I dove into learning computers and became a computer technician. I now provide technical support, which helps keep me informed on our technological abilities. Unfortunately due to not being able to work and attempting to survive on Disability pay (how do you humans exist on such paltry sums?) I no longer have the financial capability to keep up with the upgrades and technological developments. My system is getting by with an ATI Radeon HD2400, so I desperately need an upgrade in order to keep in stride with developments and continue reporting. For instance, this new “Eyefinity” seems to be a promising development to enhance and even possibly increase efficiency. I am sure my superiors would be quite interested in this promising new development. Sure we have technology far surpassing your imagination but we are very interested in Earths technological development and by evaluating the types of advancements made, we can determine if Earth is headed in the right direction or not.

Unfortunately, I was assigned here as “deep cover” and have no way of communicating directly with my superiors or any other fellow Aliens here on Earth. My only means of contacting home are by dead drop and there is no way for direct communication. Hence, there is no way to inform them of my failing body and need of assistance in order to continue doing my assigned mission.

Therefore, you see it is essential for not only my benefit, but also the benefit of all Earth people, that I have a pressing need to obtain an “Eyefinity” system to evaluate and report on. Even though they do not communicate directly with “deep cover” agents, they have ways of using the information obtained. How do you think we made such tremendous technological progress in a relatively short amount of time? In the span of one lifetime, we have gone from automobiles to space exploration and complete technologies developed from scratch, computers included. Did we really get so much smarter that fast by ourselves or did we have help?

Anyway, that is my story and if deemed the lucky one, you would have, not only my deep gratitude, but also the gratitude of my superiors at home and the knowledge that you are helping in the formation of technology on Earth!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 344
Points 4,535
slugbug replied on Mon, May 31 2010 11:59 AM

To mjcrab: Sorry my little green friend, unfortunately this giveaway is only open to residents of the planet Earth.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

slugbug:

To mjcrab: Sorry my little green friend, unfortunately this giveaway is only open to residents of the planet Earth.

Marco C:

This one's open to everyone folks! Not just U.S. residents!

Hmm

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,798
Points 40,665

bob_on_the_cob:

slugbug:

Marco C:

This one's open to everyone folks! Not just U.S. residents!

Hmm

But i consider an alien a thing(Something) not a person(Someone) :D lol

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 283
Points 2,780

So it says there's supposed to be random weekly prizes, one on may 28th, has anyone won that?

Or do we all have to wait until June 23? Haven't heard much of this since it was posted!

Current computer:

Asus G73JH-A1

Core i7 720QM

Mobility Radeon 5870 1GBVRAM

8GB Ram

1 X OCZ Vertex 2 120GB SSD

1 X 500GB HDD

17.3FHD (1080P) Panel

Blu Ray Drive (reader)

HDMI Out

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,112
Points 38,335
acarzt replied on Wed, Jun 2 2010 2:17 AM

Sorry guys, contest is over. They decided to give everything to me MUAHAHAHAHA!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,684
Points 55,795
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Wed, Jun 2 2010 11:02 AM

Umm acarzt, you couldn't be any more incorrect! Folks, get your entries in! Video, pics, etc are all welcome!

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 498
Points 6,040

Already get meh vidja een. 

=D

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 15
TheGame replied on Wed, Jun 2 2010 11:24 AM

If i have a eyefinity i would buy 6 24" monitors and 2 5870's cards to play games almost in reality.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 15
TheGame replied on Wed, Jun 2 2010 11:27 AM

If i will win i will be one of the most lucky guy.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20

I spend a lot of time with the band i play for, and since we're doing all of our recording at home, the single 15" square lcd that we have is a real pain to work with come mixing time... An Eyefinity setup would alleviate this issue, and blow it out of the water with screen real-estate for the virtual 24 channel mixer, as well as acquiring the proper plugins for pro tools. We've been recording and mixing and editing for 3 months, and i would personally blame about 2 full weeks of work wasted on scrolling back and forth.

Not to mention we're all big gamers :P With a setup like that, We could be potentially Raiding/Fragging and mixing all at once...There would be no better way to finish off the day...

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 15
TheGame replied on Wed, Jun 2 2010 3:03 PM

How  Eyefinity will change my life?Well the Eyefinity will change the perpective about how you will play in the future.In the next decade where all the games will use DirectX 11 the view and the understanding about the games will be awesome.Only if you thought that you will have 3 24" LCD or LED monitors is great, but the experience to play in high rezolution is unbelievable.I want to win because a want to play in the present with this "toy", not in the future. For now a want to buy a new monitor but if i win i will buy a second ASUS Matrix 5870.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,112
Points 38,335
acarzt replied on Wed, Jun 2 2010 4:07 PM

dang... you just had to go and crush my dreams didn't you Dave? :-(

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 25

Awesome! Here's my entry!

Picture Caption: I need more room!

Story:

As a graphic designer, beginner web designer and coder, and even gamer, my monitor is constantly riddled with many open windows, severely impacting my workflow and productivity. 

Working on just a single project, depicted in the screenshot above, can totally wreak havoc on my desktop. Normally when I am working on a website I would have the site's html page opened locally in the web browser, the index file open in Notepad2, the css style file open in Notepad2 as well, and more than likely Photoshop open to refer back to my concept or create new images. There is no way this can be done properly on a single monitor, inevitabely causing an insane amount of clutter. 

Should I win this giveaway, my productivity would increase ten-fold due to the extra screen real estate provided by the triple 23" Monitor Eyefinity setup. On one monitor Photoshop would find it's home, the webpage on another so I can preview my changes easily, and the CSS and index file organized side by side using Windows 7's new Aero Snap feature.

Thanks for considering my entry!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Wed, Jun 2 2010 7:02 PM

BoneyardBrew:
As a graphic designer, beginner web designer and coder, and even gamer, my monitor is constantly riddled with many open windows, severely impacting my workflow and productivity. 

Have you tried getting a second monitor perhaps?

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
tomex replied on Thu, Jun 3 2010 8:11 AM

I got an idea for a commercial, but first of all I’m sorry for the bad English, I’m Portuguese. I know that this is kind of different from what’s asked for the competition but is a creative story anyway and the guy could be me.

Imagine a geek (shirt, bowtie, eyeglasses and all that stuff) behind an old computer (286 with a CRT monitor or something like that) playing a 80’s video game and then is distracted by something and its game over, he gets irritated and says to himself “I really need a solution to this”. Years later in the AMD (or ASUS) labs the same guy now older but with the same geek look is behind an eyefinity setup playing the same game as before and nothing seems to distract him not even a hot secretary passing, then his face is shown he has a stupid smile on his face and the guy is seriously wall-eyed (strabismus) (each eye its turn out). The commercial can end with something like “AMD (ASUS) has the best solutions because it has the most dedicated employees” (or staff, workers, people…).

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 25

I have though about it, but there are two reasons why I haven't yet.

One of them would be that I don't have that much money to spend on one, therefore I would be skimping on quality by getting one within my budget.

The other problem is that the monitor I have isn't available at my local store anymore, which is where I would end up buying a new monitor from (too many risks buying one online). Even though the monitor I have now is rather old, the price hasn't gone down much either, which is a disappointment. I can go out and buy a decent 24" monitor for about the same price as the 19" I have now.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 10

My imageshack entry:

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/2266/106586597.png

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
Altec54 replied on Thu, Jun 3 2010 8:58 PM

So right now, I’m pretty bored, sick, and tired of following the same and common standard of gaming, which is in a single display. I want something new and fresh, something that would give a distinct and an overall better visual experience, something revolutionary that would blow the mind and feast the eyes with immersive graphics and scenery, something that would give new life to old and already played games and be able to like: “Squeeze some more juice out of them”, and also make them way more enjoyable, something that would stand out and break away from the “ordinary gaming in a single display”, and also shatter the boundaries of being limited to just one display, something that would make me never want to go back to having something displayed on just one screen, and that something is called Eyefinity! Ati Eyefinity would change my entire gaming experience by drastically improving it: more immersion and better view, it would revamp multitasking: boosting productivity, and it would get some tasks finished in less time, without much troubles and irritation, and just simplifying their entire processes, and besides, Eyefinity would give me bragging rights to be able to make a show off of the cool and awesome multi display setup!!! Jeje… Eyefinity is just awesome!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,490
Points 47,190
ForumsAdministrator

After seeing Super Dave's new Eyefinity setup, the boys were never quite the same!

SPAM-posters beware! ®

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,368
Points 48,730
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Marco C replied on Thu, Jun 3 2010 10:41 PM

TaylorKarras & mjcrab

You two are the first winners of the weekly random drawings! Could you please shoot me a note with your shipping information?

Also, this DOES NOT preclude you from winning the Grand Prize. We just have some additional swag to give out and your two names were picked randomly. Thanks for participating!

Marco Chiappetta
Managing Editor @ HotHardware.com

Follow Marco on Twitter

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Points 120
mjcrab replied on Thu, Jun 3 2010 11:31 PM

Sorry SlugBug, but you were wrong about this. Not only are Aliens eligible to win, they win first! So this so called "thing" is a winner! You better watch out, you don't have any idea how many of us "Aliens" are out there. We are everywhere, but we come in Peace.

We are still good sports, so Good Luck, to all of you Earth bound "things"!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Fri, Jun 4 2010 2:29 AM

mjcrab:

Sorry SlugBug, but you were wrong about this. Not only are Aliens eligible to win, they win first! So this so called "thing" is a winner! You better watch out, you don't have any idea how many of us "Aliens" are out there. We are everywhere, but we come in Peace.

We are still good sports, so Good Luck, to all of you Earth bound "things"!

I don't think of you as an alien, I think of you as someone who's severely behind with the times, like I was. Luckily I upgraded and overclocked my system so I'm at least in step with the times.

Also I didn't think I'd win a random drawing, anyways I'd like to thank Marco C and Dave for making this possible.

• | Post Points: 50
Page 2 of 9 (329 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS