How Can Eyefinity Change Your Life? Presented by ASUS, HH, and AMD

rated by 0 users
This post has 328 Replies | 20 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 25,896
Points 1,174,430
ForumsAdministrator
News Wink [;)] Posted: Mon, May 24 2010 2:34 PM

It's that time again, HotHardware fans! It's time for us to give away some HOT new gaming gear! This time around, we have have teamed with the folks at ASUS and AMD to give away not one, but two awesome prizes, with some extra weekly prizes thrown in for good measure. The full scoop on how to enter and what you can win is detailed below. Good luck!

“How Can Eyefinity Change Your Life?” - Contest Presented by ASUS, Hot Hardware, and AMD!

To celebrate all the new possibilities that ATI Eyefinity technology introduces, ASUS and AMD are trying to find out more about how Eyefinity can change your life!

We’ll be giving away an awesome ASUS Matrix 5870 graphics card and three 23” inch LCD monitors as the top prize, and many more prizes (including weekly random draws for entrants). This is a contest you don’t want to miss out on, and all you have to do is submit a creative story, picture or video explaining how Eyefinity can change your life, and what you would do with Eyefinity if you had it right now.

To the delight of all gamers, ASUS graphics cards provide incredible gaming experiences by offering Dirt 2 and exclusive S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Call of Pripyat game bundles that bring out the best in DirectX11 and Eyefinity. Additionally, EAH5000 Series graphics cards deploy Voltage Tweak technology for complete overclocking and overvolting authority. This enables users to raise GPU voltages for up to 50% performance boosts over reference design—extremely smooth moves in games and in heavy computing tasks guaranteed!

Performance tuning demands suitable cooling to handle the extra pressure and heat. ASUS thermal innovation on EAH5870 and EAH5850 is certainly no exception.

For Matrix 5870, the ASUS-built board features a custom extra large dust-proof fan guaranteeing greater longevity, through 22% more air pressure and pure copper fins exceeding reference cooling requirements by 13%. As for the EAH5850 DirectCU TOP, two specially-designed 8mm flattened copper heat pipes contact the GPU directly for up to 20%* better heat dissipation during gameplay as well as 35%* quieter performance than any other reference design board.

There is no doubt this setup will be the envy of all your friends, and with ASUS powering it, you know it’ll be a ultimate gaming machine.

Prizes are as follows:

• 1st Grand Prize: (1) one ASUS Matrix 5870 graphics card, and (3) three 23” ASUS LCD monitors with (1) one DisplayPort to DVI dongle
  • 2nd Place Prize: (1) one ASUS EAH5850 DirectCU TOP graphics card
  • Random weekly prize draws: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Steam Key, AMD Backpacks, and more!

Random weekly prize draws will take place at the following times:

• May 28, 2010, 11:59 EST
  • June 4, 2010, 11:59 EST
  • June 11, 2010, 11:59 EST
  • June 18, 2010, 11:59 EST

How to enter:
Create a story (no essays please!), picture (real photograph, Photoshop or render) or video about how Eyefinity can change your life and post your entry to this forum thread. Feel free to host your pictures and videos on other websites (Imageshack for pictures or YouTube for videos) and just post the links here.

Rules and Regulations:

• Must have a valid mailing address that does not require courier delivery in person.
  • Winners will be picked from all eligible entries received by 11:59 EST June 20, 2010 
  • Winners will be announced by 11:59 EST June 23, 2010 
  • You may submit as many entries as you like, but may only win one prize. 
  • By submitting an entry you permit ASUS, HotHardware and AMD to use your entry in their own and other marketing materials and showcase your work freely. 
  • HotHardware, AMD and ASUS will do everything in their power to ensure speedy delivery of all prizes; however delays may occur in shipping.

This is a great chance for to you to win a sweet, ultra powerful, totally immersive ASUS-powered ATI Eyefinity setup. Now get your creative juices going, we’re looking forward to seeing unexpected and amusing entries from you! Good luck!

• | Post Points: 1895
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 159
Points 1,365
Schmich replied on Mon, May 24 2010 2:52 PM

Is it US only?

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 341
Points 4,490
slugbug replied on Mon, May 24 2010 5:07 PM

Open to Canadians?

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 318
Points 3,180
la_guy_10 replied on Mon, May 24 2010 5:07 PM

Being that I have not owned a TV in 4 years an Eyefinity setup would be awesome to say the least. I would use it to view ESPN 3 and stream other videos and watch DVD's. I am also a hardcore gamer so it would definitely be put to good use. A set up like this would transform my single room studio apartment into a visual palace.

As far as posting a video I make you this promise now, if I win this giveaway I will indeed take pictures and show the world how the Eyefinity setup completely transformed my studio apartment as well as my visual experience.

Here is to punching my ticket in hopes I might win this sweet setup. Thanks again HotHardware and AMD and ASUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big Smile Yes 

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

An ATI Eyefinity setup would drastically increase productivity and gaming on my home PC. I've upgraded everything over the years, but my 15 inch CRT is clearly lacking in the display department. My AMD 4850 is also beginning to show its age. The games I play like world of warcraft and starcraft II would look amazing in an eyefinity setup. The extra display space and power would also help me in my machinima endeavors and photoshoping. As a student, I'll be graduating this year with a degree in Computer Programming, and this would only help me in my future career as well.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
KSteele replied on Mon, May 24 2010 5:19 PM

The only way Eyefinity could change the life of any gamer is if there were monitors made for eyefinity. Nobody, unless your completely retarded, wants huge spaces between what is suppose to be on one screen.

For ati to think eyefinity was an achievement for the company is just pathetic... Dual monitor video cards was good enough. In a business world, eyefinity would be acceptable for multiple applications open etc.

Unless games are made where theres a full map on a seperate screen, or objectives and load outs were on a sepereate screen, then its just useless and stupid to use.

You may not lose any screen, but your sure as hell gonna have more eye strain, and have to look around more.

In a multiplayer setting this would ruin my life. Someone on a small 21" monitor would have the advantage over me using a setup of 3-4 monitors with spaces in between them.

So in conclusion eyefinity is a stupid attempt at combating nvidias physx and 3d capabilities, and the pathetic attempt should be looked at in further detail, to what your trying to make. This does not advance technology or gaming at all, its just a wast of time, and expertise..

My 5770 failed to play splinter cell conviction without overheating on ONE screen, Why would i need to push it to 3?

If your gonna make a card support 3 monitors, atleast let the hardware be able to handle it.

Heres my picture of your eyefinity at work.

http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo172/SPuNKY_b_d/Untitled.png

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 25

Well currently i am doing course in animation and the first thing that we all students in my batch had problem with was screen.My sir would give us assignments that needed us to copy (digital face painting)as in when we do in live painting.The problem we faced was that though we had 222inch screens we had do minimise/maximise image and photoshop every now and then.This meant time wastage and also the quality was affected.

Then i bought new system with ati 5770 which could pair many displays at a time.As my budget was tight i could buy only 2 18.5 inch vga lcd's.and it really help as i would put photo in one screen and photoshop on other.ATI did a wonderful job here as in animation industry detailing has the highest importance.And then i bought amd 1055t which has 6cores which increased performance not only in 3d apps but in other things too.AMD has done great by keeping am3 socket so we can upgrade from 965be to 6core processor.I love amd as it gives performance at a cheaper price.and how did eyefinity change my life, well it made my work easier for me, as time is money in this industry

Thanks again for wonderful technology.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,358
Points 48,620
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Marco C replied on Mon, May 24 2010 5:38 PM

This one's open to everyone folks! Not just U.S. residents!

Marco Chiappetta
Managing Editor @ HotHardware.com

Follow Marco on Twitter

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Points 15

OMG I'm just about to get one of the ROG MAtrix 5870's saw them today for the first avail for sale and have to get one, Love Asus and Asus Motherboards, now its time to go top and get me a ASUS video card..

Eyefinity would definitely change my Programming and Online gaming life.. Having 2 monitors is a absolutely necessity for programming and not having to look between pages to copy and paste code or review code you've already written, especially for update and comparisons for QA and changes.

Now for gaming Eyefinity will make sure I never get stabbed in the side again from an enemy I don't see in BFBC2. Battlefield bad company 2 has Field of View settings that can give you that distinct advantage when gaming and is especially important for competitive gamers like myself who are aspiring to become top players in some of the major cyber leagues in the nation. I could become the Next Gaming Pro to beat so that would be a major life changer there.. Go ASUS!!! and a special thanks to Hot Hardware for this awesome oppertunity!! Included is a picture of me gaming at PAX main in seattle last september, enjoy!!

http://www.twitpic.com/12hfmd/full

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

Eye Infinity would change my gaming experience FOREVER. If I had the Eye Infinity, I would create my very own racing simulator for Dirt 2. It would simply be amazing.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
JKrieger replied on Mon, May 24 2010 7:19 PM

This would definitely improve my overall performance. I still use one monitor and have an ATI Radeon 9250 that was made for direct x 8. I would definitely use it for gaming too. I bought a game the other day and couldn't even play it because my graphics card is to old. This would be amazing.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 163
Points 2,240
Kyouya replied on Mon, May 24 2010 7:36 PM

Must have a valid mailing address that does not require courier delivery in person. ---> so I'm assuming condos and apartments are excluded then?

Also, despite how great the prize is, I'm not sure I could put it to full use when I only have a P4 prescott that has a AGP slot lol. Nevertheless, as soon as someone clarifies my inquiry, I'll give it a shot myself.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,782
Points 40,575
Inspector replied on Mon, May 24 2010 7:44 PM

Awesome contest!

So do we just post our entry as a post here?

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Mon, May 24 2010 9:05 PM

Yeah, I think so. It says so in how to enter the contest on the top of the thread.

"The future starts with you; now start posting more!"

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,579
Points 103,270
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Mon, May 24 2010 9:11 PM

Picture to follow-realneil

He knew he shouldn’t, but he couldn’t help himself!

What to do? ASUS had just released their hotter than hot new Eyefinity setup consisting of an ASUS Matrix 5870 graphics card with the incredible ATI graphics processor, and (3) three 23” ASUS LCD monitors.

He had seen it on HotHardware.com and just HAD to have it; so, he started thinking about how to get that awesome visual experience right away. He realized that the only way for him to get it was to not spend money on anything else. So that is what he did. It didn’t matter that he hadn’t paid the rent for two months and, of course, the car payment could wait for a month or two. One really knows just how popular you can be when you don’t pay any of your creditors what they have coming to them, but none of that mattered because he was about to experience the very best, of the very best that PC Gaming has to offer. EYEFINITY!! Yow! He just couldn’t wait to try it out!

Saving money was easy this way, and he ordered it quickly. Once it got to his house, he cleared the formal dining room table and set it up. Who needs all of this space to eat on anyway? He’d think of something to tell the wife when she got back from that business trip.

Then he began to play like he had NEVER played before! Talk about realism and total in-game immersion, too! It was even better than he had imagined it would be! Wow!

He lost track of time,...

She waited at the airport for hours, but he didn’t show up to get her or answer the phone either. How could he forget her? Finally, she took a taxi to the house and when she got there she noticed the trash was piled high at the curb, the mail was all over the ground at the front door, and the car was gone. The next door neighbor glared at her and shouted out something about rainstorms NOT being appropriate for showering and slammed her door. She thought she saw a rat milling around at the garbage pile out front.

She went inside and found the bird at the bottom of the cage, still kicking, but hungry and thirsty too. The dog was looking at her with a “Why me!” look on his face. The house was a shambles and it looked as if the dog had tried to survive by eating the leather off the couch. He hadn’t been let out for ages, so there was THAT mess too.

She heard a sound in the distance, like one of her husband’s ‘shooter’ games he liked to play, so she headed in that direction. She found him in the dining room, amid a huge pile of equipment, playing his favorite game. His eyes looked like black holes with red pits. He also had an unhealthy pallor to his skin. Old pizza boxes and chili cans were thrown about the room, licked clean by the dog. Mr. Gamer had obviously been sitting there for a very, very, long time.

He said, “They came and got the car today, I didn’t realize it would happen so soon. Oh, and the water and cable TV was shut off too.”

“Have you heard about the beneficial health effects of showering in the rain, dear?”

“But, I’ll have to remember the towel next time.”

“Honey, can you believe how realistic this game is now?”

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Mon, May 24 2010 9:43 PM

I don't know how this will turn out but here is my entry.

*clears throat*

There once was a simple guy who was a jack of all trades, he was a gamer, a video editor and a married man. He played alot of Dirt 2 and often spent his time composing music. But even though enjoyed playing it, he did not have the same enjoyment as before; he wanted something new, something immerse, something breathtaking... Suddenly he heard a knock on the door, he did not expect anybody to be coming this hour so cautiously, he went down, answered the door and saw a man dressed entirely in red. The guy was confused, he did not know if he was a solicitor, a thief or just a regular guy. So he said Hi cautiously and the guy in red said "I hear you're not enjoying everything as you used to" and surprised, he said "Yeah, how did you know" and the guy nonchallantly says "I just gotta feeling, I think there is something in this box that might help you out." said the guy in red as he excitedly handed the box over to him. The simple guy took the box and said "thanks" with a bit of concern. He then took the box into his room and he placed it on the bed.

He looked nervous, he didn't know what would be inside there, it could of been anything but his curiosity overcame his doubts so he slowly opened the box and he found an ASUS Radeon HD 5870 and 2 extra monitors. He didn't know if it would help but he said "Well if it'll help then I'll try it out" with a bit of concern. He hooked up the new graphics card and the 2 extra monitors to the computer and he turned it on and he was amazed. His screen now covered his entire view, he had never seen anything like it before, nor did he think it would be possible. He still had his doubts though so he started Dirt 2, started a new race and he was even more amazed then before. He could see from the left and right now, he could see all of the things that weren't previously possible without the video card, such as the buildings and the trees. He felt so immersed in the game, it was like he was actually there, racing in a rally car; he had rediscovered the enjoyment that he once had, racing cars through a race track in Dirt 2; for the first time, he had a smile on his face and he got totally immersed in the game for once.

The next day, after he went to sleep later then expected; he discovered he had an unheard message on his answering machine so he picked it up. It was from the studio waiting for the cut that the guy promised him. "When are we going to get that cut, we need it by Tuesday". Said the studio's head with a combination of anger and annoyance and the guy said "Don't worry, I'll get right on it" with a bit of grogginess; he hung up the phone and got on the computer and opened Adome Premiere and realizing the extra space he had from the two monitors, he could put his clips on the left and the effects on the right. He then began to found out that the 3 screens made his work more efficient, no longer did he have to drag those windows around or scroll just to get to where he wanted. He had alot of extra space to place what he needed to edit the movie proper. After only a few hours, he was done and he was just as surprised himself. Normally it would take a few days just to edit a movie but he did it faster then he previously did. Excited, he rushed to the nearest phone and he dialed up the movie studio and he was very nervous but he regained his composure before the movie studio picked up. "Hi, who is this" and the guy said with excitement. "Hello, you know who I am. Listen, I finished editing the movie!" and the movie studio said "Really?" and he said "Yeah, that fast. It's all thanks to Eyefinity, it gave me the extra space to do what I do" and the movie boss said "That's great news, we'll give you more movies to edit then" and he felt proud saying that and he said "Thank you sir" and he hung up the phone.

Over time. He would use the two monitor in order to enhance every part of his life. He would go on to direct movies and he would be on the red carpet of a movie premiere. He had finally realized his ambitions because he got organized and because of the guy in read who gave him the video card and the two monitors. A girl is behind the velvet rope holding up to a microphone to the guy and he said "Hello, Sir, what do you attribute to your success." and he says with pride. "Well I attribute that fact to the man in read and the Eyefinity video card, without that, who knows what I wouldn't of done. I was lacking excitement in my life and now I've found it." and after that, he went inside the theater with the rest of the people to see the movie he created.

The end.

(Sorry for the bad ending, I couldn't think of anything good to end the story with. But this does count as a story right? Am I in?)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,579
Points 103,270
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Mon, May 24 2010 10:05 PM

I think he's in,... am I?

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
batman24y replied on Mon, May 24 2010 10:27 PM

ive been a big fan of amd ati and asus products for years I would love to have the three screens running at once than I can look lefty and righty without turning the screen which in battlefield would be great because i cant see people next to me and with the asus graphics i would have the smoothest performance to bad ive only got the asus EAH4870 DK 1gb love to get a better one with that does smoother frame rates :)

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,094
Points 38,135
acarzt replied on Tue, May 25 2010 12:23 AM

I could really use a new monitor lol I've got a blu-ray drive in my rig... but my monitor unfortunately does not support HDCP... so I can't use it :-( Had I known my crap Dell monitor didn't support HDCP to begin with... I would not have spent the extra cash to get a BD drive. Rawr. Perhaps i'll write a story later... I enjoy writing things sometimes...

:-)

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 35
Johnaget replied on Tue, May 25 2010 12:38 AM

Eyefiniy would change my life….. It would give me the tools I need to upgrade my wife’s tired old computer to something truly amazing. She would be able to game with me and all my friends playing BFBC2 at something higher than 20 FPS. She would be able to shamelessly dominate with the rest of the team.

Ever since we had our daughter 2 years ago we had to put upgrading on hold. The last set of ipgrades were for me and now it is her turn. She works tirelessly taking care of our family and doesn’t ask for anything back so I figured the lest I could do is write an essay to try and upgrade her computer. If we win I will broil her old 9800GT in my oven and post the video on YouTube to show our loyalty to ASUS and ATI.

How does this change my life you may ask? Well for any one that is married you know that if your wife is happy then the whole family is happy.

-Johnaget

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,094
Points 38,135
acarzt replied on Tue, May 25 2010 12:56 AM

Just a short fun story. I hope you enjoy! Perhaps i'll add a picture to it later :-P

Bullets are whizzing by all around me. The frightening sounds of bullets battering the wall behind me and whittling away at the table that is currently keeping me safe. I don't remember how I got here, but I know i've gotta get out fast. I hear one of the men issue an order to flank me, now is the time to move! I dive from out behind the table, guns blazing, everything seems to be in slow motion... I can practically see the bullet coming right for my head. It just barely missed me. "That was a close one". I took out the guy on the left, and wounded the one I think is in command. "This is intense" I whisper under my breath. This is getting too dangerous... I need to end this and I need to end it now... I quietly crawl to a corner and hide in the darkness. I wait, patiently, for one of them to come looking for me. Here he comes... He's looking right at me.... Does he see me? No, he has no clue i'm here. I've got the shot... i'm gonna take it! *Click* "***!" I'm out of ammo and now he knows where i'm at! He's running right at me! What do I do now?! Suddenly I feel a hand grab my shoulder! I fall back and kick my keyboard up into the air on the way to the floor. "Are you gonna play that game all day or What? And why are you so jumpy?" my girlfriend scolds. "Sorry, babe, this eyefinity stuff is just so realistic! I got carried away."

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Tue, May 25 2010 3:30 AM

Johnaget:
Eyefiniy would change my life….. It would give me the tools I need to upgrade my wife’s tired old computer to something truly amazing. She would be able to game with me and all my friends playing BFBC2 at something higher than 50 FPS. She would be able to shamelessly dominate with the rest of the team.

50FPS sounds like a good framerate. I don't understand why she would need more unless she wanted to use DX11, but the only benefit from that would be the darker dynamic shadows.

EDIT: Now it's 20FPS, does your computer have a quad-core processor in it?

Johnaget:
Ever since we had our daughter 2 years ago we had to put upgrading on hold. The last set of ipgrades were for me and now it is her turn. She works tirelessly taking care of our family and doesn’t ask for anything back so I figured the lest I could do is write an essay to try and upgrade her computer. If we win I will broil her old 9800GT in my oven and post the video on YouTube to show our loyalty to ASUS and ATI.

I don't think they would accept the essay but they would accept a story or a video or a picture of some sort. Also if you do win, make sure to sell the broiled 9800GT on eBay.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,544
Points 54,480
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Tue, May 25 2010 11:50 AM

And as always, of course contributing to site discussions in the news will get you noticed! :)

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
fusionist replied on Tue, May 25 2010 11:56 AM

Hm, how can Eyefinity change my life...

Well for starters, I currently have one 22" monitor hooked up to my computer, where I work on my school projects, play games and watch 'guy' movies/TV shows. Since I'm a poor college student, I don't have the luxury of a nice flat screen TV in my apartment....so, I have to share the monitor with my girlfriend. She loves to watch shows like...Vampire Diaries, Grey's Anatomy, etc. and I, as a good boyfriend, I watch these shows with her and will have to pretend I like to watch these shows...but I would rather watch something like Modern Family, Chuck, Entourage, Lost (so sad that its over...), etc. Or play some video games like WOW, bfbc2, sc2, l4d2. Having multiple monitors can easily solve this problem for me.

Finals week just ended for me; I'm still alive! Studying was a b*t*h for me on one monitor. At one point, I was so frustrated because I had 15 word docs open, 2 textbook pdfs, and some online references to compare the quality of my notes and, of course, trying to study. Pissed off and lacking of caffeine and isolated to one monitor just caused me to stop studying. Luckily, one of my friends did have an Eyefinity setup and he was nice enough to let me use it for studying...also a little bit of gaming on the side to relax, man it was awesome. Again....having multiple monitors can easily solve this problem for me.

Not Ranked
Posts 45
Points 715
stubblep00 replied on Tue, May 25 2010 12:35 PM

i have no good reason. i dont need one. i just want.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 498
Points 6,040

I can use the multiple monitor support to edit video in one monitor, preview it in another monitor. Then edit audio in one monitor, have my desktop as another monitor, internet as another monitor, and then music. (don't really need six monitors though XD)

It's what I do now, except all on ONE monitor. D=

Oh yeah, it would be good for gaming as well. 

I think that I'm going to make a video, I'll upload it here when it's finished Marco!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Tue, May 25 2010 3:14 PM

stubblep00:
i have no good reason. i dont need one. i just want.

Good luck. No seriously, good luck.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
wpeltola replied on Tue, May 25 2010 3:41 PM

I have been very interested in Eyefinity for a while now, but I haven't had the chance (or funds) to take advantage of the technology. I am a network administrator and use multiple monitors at work (4 on my desk) and at home, I am a hardcore PC gamer. I play a lot of Battlefield Bad Company 2 right now and I have seen some incredible screen shots showing the capabilities of Eyefinity! I'm sure my multi-monitor setup at home could take advantage of Eyefinity and make the game even that much more incredible. Another game I have that I have seen great screenshots for is Dirt 2. It looks amazing on just one monitor...I can't imagine how sweet it would be spanned out!!

I'm also interested in trying it in a business setting,, but first and foremost, gaming is my priority :) Thanks for reading and considering me!!!

@wpeltola

facebook.com/wpeltola

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,017
Points 43,210

How would it change my life you ask? Well if I had that sweet gear and Eyefinity I would no longer be married, have a job, custody of my son, and probably wouldn't be able to use it after long after my house was foreclosed, the electric cut off or I starve to death whichever comes first. The reason being, I would never leave this seat. I am addicted to my games enough as it is people. So do my family a favor and don't give it to me. Or make my life spectacular for a couple months atleast and give it to meBig Smile

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 283
Points 2,780
Chainzsaw replied on Tue, May 25 2010 4:35 PM

On a cold, blizzardy day somewhere in Antarctica, a guy gets up in the wee morning to do his usual morning routines. The first thing he checks out is his email on his cramped all-in-one computer screen, which is connected to the internet via satellite.

His first email reads:

Hey Gil, Good news today.You know that crappy All In One computer you have? We're sending you something else. Hopefully it will help you with your work. Also - we're sending with it some extra supplies.

(Gill thinks to himself - i've already been doing this job for the past 3 months here in Antarctica collecting weather data, why do they need to change anything, it's going to screw up my routine!)

It should be arriving by the time you read this via helicopter. Take care, and see you in about a month - Ted

Great! Thinks Gil.

Right after reading the very last word, he heard the sound of whirring blades outside. He could hear the helicopter engine straining in the fast but diminishing winds outside. As Gil went to go check outside, he just caught the helicopter gently dropping off a 10'x10' crate on the ground next to his building using a quick release mechanism.

"Now how am I going to get this stuff inside without getting everything inside covered in snow?" Exclaimed Gil. Who just so happens to talk to himself (quite often, at that) among other things since being left alone for the past 3 months.

After waiting until noon, the blizzard finally died down and the sun was shining fantastically across the frozen land. Gil decided to open up the crate and bring everything in before the excellent weather takes off again.

Upon bringing in all the supplies, the last box really caught Gil's eye. The box said "To Eyefinity, and beyond!" "Eyfinity? What the heck could that be?" Curious, Gil immediately brings the box in and rips it open before anything else, even his newly acquired supplies.

After opening the box, he discovers 3 Brand new LCD's along with a Dragon platform desktop with a fancy new wireless keyboard and mouse combo. After glancing back and forth between his old computer, and the new system, Gil immediately starts to take apart his old system, and starts to set up the new one.

"WOW!" Exclaimed Gil. "This system boots up so fast, and now I can open up multiple applications for weather, email, and umm, something else with this new Eyefinity set up." "It was so easy to set up...I wonder if there are any cache-22's for this kind of thing!"

After another week of toiling with his new system, Gil explained to himself "This makes work so much easier, and it's much less harsh on my eyes than the old system with the tiny LCD I used to have" Now, Gil cannot live without his multi LCD system known as Eyefinity, and upon the last week he was supposed to be stationed at Antarctica, he emails his colleague Ted:

Hey Ted,

Just wanted to let you know, thank you for the new Eyefinity set up. It has been working flawlessly and now I can work AND play at the same time! It was grueling to be here for the past 3 months with a previously crappy system.

Anyways, I would like to stay here for an extra 3 months. Those free games that came with the system have been keeping me occupied! Of course it isn't detracting me from my work though ;)

As always, take care Ted. Gil

Gil ended up staying another extra 3 months and with his new setup, was able to set up theme nights for himself, such as movie nights and game nights.

The themes he did kept him busy and opened his eyes to a whole new different world, one which is not squished by a single LCD.

Well hopefully I amused you guys with my writing! I'm sure with unlimited amounts of time I could write something much better

Current computer:

Asus G73JH-A1

Core i7 720QM

Mobility Radeon 5870 1GBVRAM

8GB Ram

1 X OCZ Vertex 2 120GB SSD

1 X 500GB HDD

17.3FHD (1080P) Panel

Blu Ray Drive (reader)

HDMI Out

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

Once upon a time there were three little pigs called HD2000, HD3000 and HD4000. They lived happily until one day came big bad wolf with the new video game. He entered the house of HD2000 and said: “I want you to play this game with excellent visual experience or I will blow your house down!”. Poor little HD2000 installed game on his computer but he only managed to play the game in very low resolution. Wolf became very angry and blew the house down. HD2000 could save only his monitor and rushed to HD3000’s house. Wolf followed him there and repeated to HD3000: “Play this game with excellent visual experience or I will blow your house down too!”. HD3000 installed the game but resolution wasn’t the natural resolution of his monitor and that made wolf angry and he blew his house down. HD2000 and HD3000 took their monitors and ran to HD4000 house. Wolf again followed and when he entered the house, he started shouting: “Play this game with excellent visual experience or I will blow your house down too and eat you all!” The HD4000 confidently installed the game and ran it in full HD resolution. Wolf looked and said: “You were better than these two, but that is not enough. I will come again in the morning and you better figure it out how to satisfy me!”. And the wolf left. Poor three little pigs didn’t know what to do and they cried. HD4000 look through the window and saw the falling star. He wished for a miracle that will save his brothers and him. Suddenly something flew into the room. It was shinning red star that transformed into beautiful fairy. “I’m the ATI fairy”, she said. “I heard your wish HD4000 and I came to help you. Your problem is that you don’t work like brothers, together. You should join your three monitors and play the game like that.”. “But no graphic card can power up three full HD monitors in the game ATI fairy”, sadly said HD2000. “Well that’s where I come in!”, smiled fairy and summoned something. Three little pigs looked and there it was, ATI RADEON HD5870. “What is that?”, asked the three little pigs. “That is new, state of the art graphic card. It supports multiple monitors, so you can now play every game on three monitors with excellent visual experience, never seen before. It’s called Eyefinity and it will change your lives!”, and than she disappeared. Wolf came in the morning as he said. Three little pigs started the game, playing it on three monitors. Wolf was happy and said: “That is what I’m talking about! This is the excellent visual experience! Good job pigs!”. Than he took all three monitors and the graphic card and went home. Three little pigs were shocked. How will they play the games now? Would you like to donate three monitors and HD5870 so they can live happily ever after? :-)

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,782
Points 40,575
Inspector replied on Tue, May 25 2010 5:09 PM

Ok here is my go at it...

In a world known as “Eyefinity” there lived a man in a town far off from civilization. His name was James. James was a professional gamer, web designer, video editor, graphics editor and more. But because of a mishap at his old job he was sent away (He was accused of releasing top security files that would of made the company a fortune, he did no such thing). The company sent him to where is currently lives at as a torture for making the company have such a big lose. They gave him the supplies to live and do his work but he only had the worst of everything. The food was garbage and the technologies that were given to him were ancient. He though the electronics in his house were no longer on earth as it was all destroyed long ago. The worst of all the electronic was his computer. He use to have 6 screens to work on but now he has one that is twice as small as one of his screen back in his old house. He could no longer game, his video rendering took days to complete when it use to take minutes on his old rig. One day he begged to the sky for a pleasing and that he can return to his old life where everything was the best.

“Someone! Anyone! If you hear this, all I want is something simple that I can work on. “

Then suddenly something falls out of the sky right in front of him. He opens the box to find a brand new computer equipped with an ASUS Matrix 5870 graphics card and the top of the live technology. Inside were also 3 screens (It was not as good as his old setup but it was better then what he currently has). He screamed out “THANKS!” and went inside to set it up. He could not believe how nice it was. He rendered his videos in seconds compared to his old rig. He did all his work at once and it did not crash a bit. His works were the best and it was the only thing keeping the company alive. Meanwhile back at the company, they were falling apart and no one could produce something close to James work. Now James has a plan, he started his own publishing company at that house and soon the old company he worked for had fallen, he returned to his own old house where his company took off like a rocket. It blasted to the top. His life was changed because of the accident he did not ever make.

My awesome image to go with it xD lol Awesomeness!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
Cloud85211 replied on Tue, May 25 2010 10:08 PM

i only have a 3850, and i want to play games at fast speeds. the end and i live unhappily ever after. that story always pulls my heartstrings :(

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 498
Points 6,040

Okay guys, I spent quite a bit of time on this to make sure it was pretty enough to present. 

Here you go Marco and Dave, my entry: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImWgiWp47JY

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

Eyefinity could change my life in a big way. I help run a Team Fortress 2 clan of 60 plus members with over 1500 community members that have taken the time to join our steam group. I spend hours a day working on the 7 team fortress, 2 Left 4 Dead 2, and 1 DoD server that we run. I also set up and work on mods for weekly community events. I generally have open HLSW for server monitoring, Filezilla for our fast download server, remote desktop to our main box, multiple forums, Team Fortress 2, Ventrilo, and Steam windows. I usually have about 5 steam conversations going with 20 plus right before events while I am trying to configure the match server. Quite a lot of stuff for one monitor. Being able to have all that in my vision at once would make everything so much quicker so I have more time to enjoy the servers and of course improve my game and not slow to a crawl during a storm in Left 4 Dead 2 and keep from getting shanked from the side by spys in Team Fortress 2.

Well here let me just show you a quick look at my rather light 3:30am workspace as I work on one of the servers.

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/7619/desktopvj.png

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 835
Points 11,255

Great contest Dave and Marco! (Worldwide Wink)

I'll probably enter for fun at some stage so I can be part of it and I hope the main prize and second prize go to HH readers who really deserve it.

Very amusing entries so far guys Yes

I think yours is pretty well done Marius Cool

*New KILLER Rig!!* - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Build 7100 (RC)

Intel Core i7 920 OCed to 3.2GHz | CoolerMaster V8 | Patriot Viper 3x2GB DDR3-1333MHz | MSI Eclipse X58 | LG W2261V 22" 16:9 | Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB | MSI ATI 4870 1GB | Enermax Revolution 85+ 1050W PSU | CoolerMaster HAF 932 | ASUS DRW-22B1LT Lightscribe | Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme | Logitech X-540 |  Razer Carcharias | Razer Lachesis | Razer Destructor/ Razer Goliathus Speed/ Fnatic SteelSeries Qck+ XL | OCZ Alchemy Elixir |

*My OLD Killer PC* - Windows Xp Home Edition 32 Bit

Intel Pentium 4 2.6Ghz -1GB (2x512MB) Hynix DDR-400Mhz SDRAM - Micro ATX ECS L4S5MG/651+ - Acer AL506 15" Monitor - Seagate 2.5" ST380012A IDE 5200RPM 80GB - ASUS nVidia TNT2 M64 32MB AGP x4 - Hyena 300W PSU - *CoolerMaster Storm Scout*

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
dirtybacon replied on Wed, May 26 2010 12:48 PM

It wasn't the noise that bothered her, as much as the heat of the hit. Without totally comprehending it completely, she glanced down and noticed a bright red splotch on the fabric of her vest that just wasn't there before. She stared, trying to figure out exactly what it was she was looking at when the air exploded around her, along with the side of Sgt. Macguires right side of his face.

"Sniper!" she heard dully, then felt the force of the impact as Lt. Michaels hit her to the ground with the butt of his gun.

She looked up, wanting to thank him for saving her life, but the body that was once Lt. michaels danced like a broken marrionette as bullets riddled his body. Finally, and end of a clip, and the body collapsed unto itself on the ground.

Breathing hard, she cursed her luck, knowing full well that if she wasn't blinded peripherally on both sides, this would have all been different/ She could have helped her squad, she could have stopped the bomb from going off.

If only she had Eyefinity, she would have seen the threats, and been prepared...

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20

Heart-Pounding, fingers twitching sweat coming from the hairline, waiting for the right moment to strike. The finger pushes down just enough to let out a single 7.62mm round; I can see the smoke as it leaves the barrel. I watch it down the sight as it slithers throw his chest and out the back; he drops to his knees and keels over to the side. I look to the right to see if he had back-up on the way. No one was there, but I would keep a close eye out. So what was my job? I was the lone ranger sent in to make sure they don’t get through the choke point. I was the one to make sure our camp didn’t get raided; if I fail, not only I but my friends could die. Stay alert, that’s the only thing I could do at this point. Armed with a standard issue M40, I would have a single shot to take out an approaching soldier if need-be. The man I had just killed attracted attention from an oncoming party, they look up instantly to find no one there. The Marine training was paying off, I was heavily camouflaged. I wouldn’t strike now, because there were too many opponents and not enough time with this bolt-action; one or many would be able to get a shot off at me. I would have to wait ‘till they split up into search parties.

They started to, and this was where the adrenaline kicked in. The rifle starting pulsing at an powerful rate, from my guess it was because my heart was pounding too quickly. It was getting intense, I had a feeling one of them spotted me. He continued to look my way, and finally pointed his rifle. His commanding officer continued on to push his rifle down. Phew! I wish I could hear what he had said, because I wanted to know why he didn’t shoot. But for now it wouldn’t matter I had other things to worry about. They were slowly getting closer and I would now have to start taking shots. There was a lone man off to my left, if I had turned my rifle too far I would surely be spotted. I had to take the chance anyways; I needed to take one out by the time they got any closer. I looked through the sight and lined it to his right lung, I would have taken the heat-shot but in a chance like this it’s way too risky. I would finally call the shot, three more steps from him would mean one deep breath for me. I would start to inhale, and look down to line him up. I squeezed the trigger and let out a gasp of air. He fell, but was squirming. I had to take another shot before he let out a cry to alert the others. I started to panic, lined up very quickly and missed. He let out his cry and the others had become alert.

The man that had pointed at me before, pointed at me a second time. The others used their rifle sights to get a better look. I saw one had looked down to *** his rifle, and I fired. Down like a sack of potatoes, but the others would start to shoot. Now that my position is given, I would have to stand up and start to run. With the current rifle I couldn’t fend them off as quickly as they could get to me. I proceeded to stand, but fell to my knees. The commanding officer had gotten a lucky shot at tree near me which splintered off and hit me in the leg. From the time I thought it went in about 2 inches because it had penetrated my muscle. Being the Marine I was, I pushed through the pain to get up and run. If I thought my blood was pumping before, it was bursting through my veins now. All of this camouflage was heavily weighing me down. I still kept running, I wouldn’t look back, running as fast as my feet could move. I was running for my life. I could hear them shouting behind me and firing off shots. I kept running and running, I only had to run a mile before I would reach camp, but it was too far with this weight and a wounded leg. I didn’t let that stop me, I kept running but then I saw blood splatter on the tree in front of me.

I quickly looked down feeling my chest and panicking, only to realize it was only a game. I looked up to find that there was a three panel window into another world.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,782
Points 40,575
Inspector replied on Wed, May 26 2010 3:44 PM

Loved the video Marius Malek, Wish everyone good luck.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5

Hmm.. If i were a rich man....:-) Back to the story, if i have an Eyefinity system, i mean three or more displays and an ATi HD5870 Eyefinity card, i would save a lot of time. When i work i used to have use a lot of windows on my screen. One (or more) for the internet, one for the office aplications one for the others and so on. With three monitors it would take much less time to do my job. It would be a dream come true when i don't have to swich between applications just to take my eye on the other screen. And because of the saved time, i would have more time to enjoy myself ( of course gaming and entartainment in ultra wide) .

O.Z.O.R.A. The paradise where i born, and i hope there will i die...

Page 1 of 9 (329 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS