brite-View's HDelight Enables Uncompressed, 1080p Streaming From PC To TV

rated by 0 users
This post has 18 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,178
Points 1,185,785
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Thu, May 20 2010 10:55 AM

brite-View introduced a new 1080p wireless PC-to-TV transmission kit that will let users stream uncompressed, 1080p high-definition content from a PC or home network to a HDTV without any noticeable latency. The new HDelight (BV-1222) can work with any PC and any HDTV, provided both have HDMI ports. The HDelight (BV-1222) will officially launch in July and is expected to sell for under $200.

brite-View's 'HDelight' Will Wirelessly Transmit Uncompressed 1080p Digital Content from PC to TV at San Francisco's Netbook Summit

Turn Any PC with HDMI Ports into HTPC and Wirelessly Stream Netflix and Hulu to Any HDTV

SAN JOSE, Calif., May 20 /PRNewswire/ -- brite-View's HDelight (BV-1222), a 1080p wireless PC-to-TV transmission kit, will help users finally achieve the dream of enjoying all digital content from the Internet, a computer hard drive, game machine or home network on HDTV. brite-View will display the HDelight at the WHDI™ (Wireless Home Digital Interface™) booth (#303) at San Francisco's Netbook Summit on May 24-25, 2010. The HDelight will officially launch in July 2010, and the price is expected to be under $200.  

The first solution of its kind, the HDelight is not limited to use with specific PC or HDTV models. Provided the PC and HDTV have HDMI ports, the HDelight can air bridge the two and transmit uncompressed, 1080p high-definition content from computer to TV with no noticeable latency. brite-View is targeting later in 2010 for the release of another multi-room solution, which will be fully compatible with the WHDI standard.

Featuring AMIMON's wireless module (the technology that is the foundation of the WHDI standard), brite-View's HDelight is an affordable and flexible 1080p wireless PC-to-TV transmission kit. Users simply connect the HDelight's transmitter to their PC's HDMI port, and the receiver to the TV's HDMI jack. Consumers are then free to enjoy content from any source, not just the traditional set-top box or DVD player. The market responded well to the brite-View Air HD (BV-2500), and the new HDelight kit will build on that success.  

"brite-View products are user-friendly, affordable and feature the most advanced technology," said Robert Lo, CEO of Xpike Innovations, which owns the brite-View brand. "The HDelight lets users enjoy online entertainment on the big screen. This will be a whole new experience for PC users, especially since Netflix will soon begin streaming 720p HD content."

The HDelight is ideal for three major uses:  

• Entertainment: Wirelessly streams Hulu, Netflix and YouTube, and has a no-latency feature that will give gamers the "rush" of experiencing PC gaming on a large-screen TV.
  • Communication: With Skype installed on the computer, HDelight brings Skype's recently launched five-way video conferencing to larger displays.
  • Information: Students of online education are no longer bound to the computer screen. The HDelight enables better learning experiences on a large-screen TV.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,715
3vi1 replied on Thu, May 20 2010 7:14 PM

Under $200? The price is right! I could see buying this.

I'm puzzled why it's being sold as "PC" to TV and not just "HDMI source" to TV. I'm afraid the answer is that this requires some kind of Windows-only software (even though it connects to an HDMI out?), that of course won't work with all apps... right?

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 125

Thanks for the post!

@3vi1: it does not require any extra software, but it does currently only work on PC because of the HDMI interface. The kit acts as an invisible HDMI cable, so to speak. Anything on your PC can be shown on the TV, provided they both have HDMI. The Mac-to-PC kit is under development. 

I am from brite-View and I'd be happy to answer any questions about this product. Have a good one everyone. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,715
3vi1 replied on Thu, May 20 2010 8:34 PM

Are you saying that it supports HDMI, but not HDCP?

Mac-to-PC doesn't make any sense.  You meant Mac-to-TV, right?

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 125

It does support HDCP revision 2.0 + HDMI 1.3. 

http://www.brite-view.com/hdelight.php --> please see the specifications tab.

And yes, sorry about the typo. I meant Mac-to-TV.

Thanks for pointing that out. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,715
3vi1 replied on Thu, May 20 2010 10:16 PM

How about Linux? Why is this product tied to an OS?  I would suspect that a lot of MythTV users would be highly interested in purchasing this.

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 125
brite-View replied on Thu, May 20 2010 11:02 PM

No, it's not tied to any specific OS. All it does data transmission (just like an HDMI cable). As long as the PC and TV are HDMI ready, you're good to go.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 194
Points 1,430
Xylem replied on Fri, May 21 2010 12:22 AM

Thanks 3vi1, I almost had identical questions when I read through the post. Big Smile.

I have a additional question. Can this transmitter be hooked to more than one receiver @ the same time? Also is the gaming experience really latency free? like when playing Crysis or even less intense games like NFS series?

Travel Rig |Acer Aspire One - ZG5 Mods so far |Toshiba MK4009GAL 40GB.4 - port USB HUB with BT, Touchscreen & GPS. 1GB RAM upgrade. | 

Main Rig |Core 2 Quad Q6600(3.2GHz), 2x2GB OCZ Reaper 800 MHz RAM, 19" AOC 913FW, 2 x 500GB WD HDD & 2 x 1TB WD Green, nVIDIA 8600GT 1GB

Suzuki Swift GTi | 2008 Version | Lots of mods in pipeline.

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 125
brite-View replied on Fri, May 21 2010 12:35 AM

This kit communicates one-to-one; they've been paired when they were being produced. It is the reason why they are "Plug and Play"; too. But that's one of the top FAQs about our other product, the Air HD (BV-2500). And btw the Air HD communicates one-to-one too. That's how the technology is at the moment (WHDI), not a marketing strategy. :) We of course hope to see one transmitter communicating to multiple receiver in the future, too. 

The latency of WHD is less than 1ms. It is really not noticeable (please see the YouTube video for proof).

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,715
3vi1 replied on Fri, May 21 2010 7:54 AM

I would have imagined you need a newer TV for there to actually be no latency. I've seen computers connected via HDMI cable where the latency introduced by the TV itself is really obvious.

Games like Rock Band let you adjust the timing to take the TV's latency into effect; if the latency weren't coming from the TV they would just pre-set it to a certain value for the consoles HDMI port.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,715
3vi1 replied on Fri, May 21 2010 7:58 AM

If it's not OS specific, then why the separate Mac package... and why couldn't you connect the transmitter to a DVR (or some other device) instead of a PC? DVRs are really just PCs (mostly running Linux), after all.

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 125
brite-View replied on Fri, May 21 2010 11:22 AM

The only reason why this is not a Mac-to-PC kit (yet) is because of the HDMI port. As far as I know, Mac Book, Mac Book Pro or iMac don't have HDMI yet. You can of course use a DVI out and then buy one of those cables to switch it to HDMI, but you lose the sound.

It actually can be connected to a DVR, or anything with an HDMI port. In this case, the HDelight will require an external power supply (unless the DVR has an USB port, too, which gives enough power supply). In the PC-to-TV scenario, the power supply to the HDelight is provided by the PC's USB port. We're trying to make the kit compact + portable, and give it as few cables as possible. :)

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 125
brite-View replied on Fri, May 21 2010 11:28 AM

By the way, the external power supply does come in the package.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,809
Points 18,105

Nice! Good starting price.

I have been really waiting for something like this!

If they could bring the price down to $100 or below, then they would be able to make all those HD media player obsolete.

Intel Core i7-875K Quad
Asetek 510LC 120MM
4GB Kingston Hyper-X DDR-3
ASUS P7P55D-E Pro
CyberPower 800 PSU
Kingston 64GB SSD 
2 Hitachi 1-TB HDD'S
FirePro V8800
8X Blu-Ray DVD±R/±RW
HPw2207 22" LCD
Cintiq 21UX
CoolerMaster 690II Advance
Win 7 Pro 64 bit
Special thanks to HotHardware.com!
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,590
Points 54,905
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Dave_HH replied on Sat, May 22 2010 12:38 AM

Hey there, brite-view! I think you need to send us one of these little setups for full review and showcase here!

Contact me please: davea@hothardware.com :)

Editor In Chief
http://hothardware.com

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 125
brite-View replied on Sat, May 22 2010 12:06 PM

@animatotom: yes, I agree that when the price comes down to that point people will be wondering if the need a media player in the first place. However, because the user experience is different (you can control the media players with a remote control but have to have a keyboard and mouse for your PC), media players still holds a place in the market, before all TVs have built in media players or WHDI or event Google TV platform.

Because there is no perfect remote control for HTPC yet, the free iPhone app made by Logitech called "Touch Mouse" is not a bad choice. The phone communicates with the PC via WiFi. Problem is, not everyone has or want an iPhone.  

@Dave_HH: I would love to! In a month or so we'll be able to send out review units. I've just replied your email, too. Thanks so much for the interest! :)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,715
3vi1 replied on Sat, May 22 2010 4:29 PM

>> @Dave_HH: I would love to! In a month or so we'll be able to send out review units.

Excellent! I can't wait to read that, as you've got me seriously interested in buying one now.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,017
Points 43,210
nelsoncp21 replied on Sun, May 23 2010 10:24 PM

indeed. This could possibly be a very promising product. Especially when ya'll release a version supporting multiple devices.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 5
jamestomk replied on Sat, Oct 22 2011 7:54 PM

bought one four months ago, it seems to be suffering from infant mortality. looses signal more and more, now so much that it only works for a few minutes at at time. no change in environment here. perhaps when they say line of sight they mean exactly that. i have a tiny one bedroom aptmt and the signal has to get around a corner to my bedroom HDTV from living room PC.about 25 feet paced off (shorter line-of-sight)

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS