rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,683
Points 104,320
MembershipAdministrator
realneil Posted: Mon, May 17 2010 9:38 AM

Wearable Woofer & Video Here

This is an idea that an Iranian student had when neighboring student's computer sound systems were 'drowning him out' while they played games in the dorms. His device doesn't bother others at all.

It works by pumping sound vibrations directly into your ribcage and give you the feeling of 'totally being there'. Everyone who has tried it wants one. I'm gonna buy one of these as soon as they are available in July.

This is what they have to say on their website: 

Kor-FX from Immerz takes PC gaming, movie viewing and music enjoyment to a whole new level. The technology is platform-independent and works with any device that has an audio output. The portable, lightweight device sits comfortably over the user's shoulders. Using entirely new acousto-haptic technology, the unit sends low-frequency vibrations into the chest cavity. The result? Users actually feel the experience. Gamers, in particular, benefit from KOR-fx because of its unique ability to provide directional feedback, creating an uncanny "7th Sense" awareness of where the next move is coming from, which can mean the difference between victory and defeat in a competitive virtual environment.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,851
Points 40,550

I remember reading a conclusion to a study down on sub woofers and the human body...They concluded that sub woofers have the power to give you a heart attack, can't say this would go near my body, ever.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,715
3vi1 replied on Sat, May 22 2010 4:15 PM

>> give you the feeling of 'totally being there'.

I've noticed this too.  For a long while now I've been turning on my external subwoofer even when I'm listening to headphones.  I was thinking that a device that produced the same effect minus sound would be a good companion... but I'm one of those guys who thinks of ideas but never has the time or resources to follow them up.  :\

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 8,683
Points 104,320
MembershipAdministrator
realneil replied on Sat, May 22 2010 5:13 PM

I'm gonna get off of my 'Thrifty-Throne' and buy one of these suckers. The occasional splurge is not only justifiable, but sometime totally necessary for complete happiness.

I think it's gonna be balls-out cool.

Dogs are great judges of character, and if your dog doesn't like somebody being around, you shouldn't trust them.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS