Next contest suggestion

rated by 0 users
This post has 21 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,792
Points 28,435
amdcrankitup Posted: Sun, May 16 2010 12:18 PM

Hey Marco and Dave maybe you can talk Microsoft ( BILL Gates) into giving you 10 copies of Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and we can have a contest for them and throw a couple of nice Games in there. Its not like Bill is going to notice them gone that would be like him giving some a dollar he would,nt miss it. Course the fact that I dont have a copy of Windows 7 might have something to do with it but its a good thought. Besides Im sure there might be a couple hundred of members on here that might not have a copy either or am I the only one. LOL.Stick out tongueYes

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

Ha Ha. I have 3 copies, but that is a cool idea. I wanna have another gaming contest. Heck now that I think about it we just need to have a game night and all get on and play something.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,792
Points 28,435

bob_on_the_cob:
Ha Ha. I have 3 copies,

Ya YA YA Lucky DOG!!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,359
Points 48,655
ForumsAdministrator
MembershipAdministrator
Marco C replied on Sun, May 16 2010 9:27 PM

The next two contests are going to be pretty cool...we have another full system coming with an as yet unreleased CPU. And the other "package"--well--let's just say someone will get to enjoy full-on Eyefinity. :)

Marco Chiappetta
Managing Editor @ HotHardware.com

Follow Marco on Twitter

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,795
Points 40,670
Inspector replied on Sun, May 16 2010 9:52 PM

Awesome Marco! Can't wait for those contests! would the second one have the unreleased CPU too? xD

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

Marco C:

The next two contests are going to be pretty cool...we have another full system coming with an as yet unreleased CPU. And the other "package"--well--let's just say someone will get to enjoy full-on Eyefinity. :)

Sounds interesting.

And by interesting I mean unfreaking believable.

amdcrankitup:

bob_on_the_cob:
Ha Ha. I have 3 copies,

Ya YA YA Lucky DOG!!!

Got one of these bad boys here http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/934353/Microsoft-Windows-7-Home-Premium-Family/;jsessionid=0000TYQQexM0HJam0nf668Kba1f:13ddpq53l

Was going to just upgrade Jen and I's desktops when the RC ran out, but it was cheaper than 2 copies so I got that and threw a copy on my netbook. Even though I mostly only use Ubuntu Netbook Remix.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 498
Points 6,040

Oh god, I don't know if I'm ready for full essay mode again. 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 141
Points 1,710

You don't HAVE to go full essay mode :P As long as you make a quality post, you're good.

Oh sweet, more chances to win.  Good to hear :)  I wonder what this unreleased CPU is :o

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,017
Points 43,210
Sounds like some really nice prizes. I agree with Bob, I love the tournaments. Another UT3 maybe?
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 758
Points 10,695
eunoia replied on Mon, May 17 2010 6:03 AM

...pending.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,792
Points 28,435

Marco C:

Thats awesome someone is going to get lucky. Marco besides all the great people at HH and all the great people in these forums this is always the place to be on the net and HEY the prizes and contest are good too!!! LOL Cant wait to see what these next rigs look like! Going to be fun.

Also BOB thats a good deal I,ll look into that. How much differance are they in the Home Premium and Ultimate and how much differance is there in the upgrade and Full. I just loaded Windows 7 Home Premium  upgrade version on a friends PC and it Allowed me to do a fresh install with no problem at all. I thought from what I was hearing you could,nt do a Full install from an upgrade on Windows 7.But anyway it worked on that one. I always like doing a fresh install no errors you know.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Tue, May 18 2010 10:05 PM

I am so ready to try to make quality posts and tag everything because bob said so.

Even though some of my posts may not be up to par, I am completely determined.

"The future starts with you; now start posting more!"

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

There is no 3 pack for Ultimate. Nothing most people even us really need that is in Ultimate and not Home Premium. Anything that is in there can be had with free alternatives. Like XP mode can be done better with Virtual box.

Upgrade and Full install disks are the same. The only difference is that if you use a upgrade Key it won't let you boot from the disk and install on a clean drive. You have to launch it in windows.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,795
Points 40,670
Inspector replied on Wed, May 19 2010 3:55 PM

That is not true Bob... i booted mine from the cd to upgrade it, i couldn't open it in windows because it was a 32 bit windows xp and i wanted to upgrade to 64bit windows 7. Not sure about if it would let you install on a clean drive or not though.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

Inspector:

That is not true Bob... i booted mine from the cd to upgrade it, i couldn't open it in windows because it was a 32 bit windows xp and i wanted to upgrade to 64bit windows 7. Not sure about if it would let you install on a clean drive or not though.

Hmm. Maybe it is Vista I am thinking of. My bad.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,715
3vi1 replied on Thu, May 20 2010 7:51 PM

amdcrankitup:

Hey Marco and Dave maybe you can talk Microsoft ( BILL Gates) into giving you 10 copies of Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 

Better idea:  For the next contest, I will give away 289,345,221 copies of Kubuntu 10.04 64-bit.  Yes, I'll give them away free - I'm just that great a guy.

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

• Filed under:
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,851
Points 40,550

Oh how I loved the the tournament!Smile

I too want more tournaments and game nights.  Like AMD said, I'd be happy with some contests to give away some games.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,792
Points 28,435

mentaldisorder:
Like AMD said, I'd be happy with some contests to give away some games.

I would be Happy if you Won something, I think your due a win and you deserve a win so I wish you luck on this next one . And just to let you know Im still gratfull for what you done for me  and thanks to HH and a couple other people around here!!! Good luck to all of you guys you too Tanka!!!!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 341
Points 4,490
slugbug replied on Sun, May 23 2010 5:22 PM

I have two copies of Win 7 Ultimate I won recently but they're both 32 bit.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,792
Points 28,435

slugbug:

I have two copies of Win 7 Ultimate I won recently but they're both 32 bit.

Yehh I need a 64bit to reconize my ram. Course I could use a 32 bit on this laptop a guy gave me he got out of a dumpster.Its a Toshiba Satellite A15-129 with XP on it. I had to buy a charger for it which I got at a flea market for 20 dollars.Then I found out the hard drive was bad and I just happen to have one I took out of a HP laptop so beleive or not the Laptop works perfect already reloaded it with all the software.And not only that its in Great physical condition only I small blemish on it. I might sell it or just keep it, but it does need a battery which I think I can get for $53.00. 2.3 ghz  will hold 1 gig of ram. I cant beleive it even booted much less ran. I,ve never owned a laptop used them before but thats about it but runs great !!!!go figure.LOL  I guess me scavaging parts and keeping them comes in handy even had a stick of 2100 ram I put in it.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,851
Points 40,550

I've still been trying to get you a 64bit copy...Everyone I know seems to have purchased their 64bit copies, even the mac users.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,792
Points 28,435

mentaldisorder:

I've still been trying to get you a 64bit copy...Everyone I know seems to have purchased their 64bit copies, even the mac users.

Hey man you dont have to put yourself out there I appreciate what you have done already which was a lot wont never forget it.   Im a patient person I,ll get one  sooner or later. Heck might sell off that laptop some spare parts and other things want to get a couple things like a 24" moniter, Windows 7 Ultimate and the phenom X4 BE 965 . I really want a new moniter 1st though that CRT kinda makes my Storm Sniper look bad and  I got my eye on one just putting a little money away when I got it! It would be a great addition to my RIG, MY eye site and let me post my desktop some I can brag a little. Im gng to get the moniter real soon!!!!  But I appreciate the fact that you were still looking.Mental your good people and thats a fact.     Thanks AMD

Page 1 of 1 (22 items) | RSS