CyberPower Updates Bargain Gaming Desktop Line With Six-Core AMD CPU

rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 26,159
Points 1,185,255
ForumsAdministrator
News Posted: Tue, Apr 27 2010 6:46 AM
AMD shook up the processor market this morning with the introduction of the reasonably priced Phenom II X6 1090T, and now CyberPower is jumping onboard in order to offer new systems with this very chip inside. Starting today, CyberPower will begin to sell machines with AMD's new Phenom II X6 and AMD 890 chipset, which should make bargain gamers particularly happy.

The Gamer Dragon CrossFire Ultimate and Gamer Ultra CrossFireX Pro are both seeing the new CPU option, and unlike most of those other big-time gaming PCs, these start at just $699. Yes, a six-core gaming desktop for under $700! The Phenom II X6 gaming system series can be easily factory overclocked by CyberPower and customized with a number of hard drive and/or SSD, optical drive, memory, and other peripheral components options at the company website. Each rig comes loaded with Windows 7 (64-bit) and have a 3-year warranty.

CyberPower Debuts Desktop Gaming PC Series Based on New AMD Phenom II X6 CPUs

BALDWIN PARK, CA (April 27, 2010) - CyberPower Inc., www.cyberpowerpc.com has announced a series of gaming systems that feature AMD's new Phenom II X6 and AMD 890 chipset. The combination promises to deliver the platform experience that gaming enthusiasts demand with price and performance that is unbeatable.

CyberPower's Gamer Dragon CrossFire Ultimate, and Gamer Ultra CrossFireX Pro gaming desktops are among the top-of-the-line systems that will be upgraded to the new AMD Phenom II X6.  In addition, CyberPower's entire Gamer Ultra and Gamer Dragon lines will also have the option of the new AMD processor and chipset. The starting price for a CyberPower AMD Phenom II Hex Core system is $699.

The new AMD Phenom II X6 CPU features AMD's Turbo Core Technology, which provides "six real cores" at 3.2 GHZ when users need maximum computer performance for cutting-edge applications or three turbocharged at 3.6GHz when raw speed is required. When combined with a 5800 and up ATI Radeon video card or a DX11 ATI Radeon video card CyberPower gives you the processing power to rip apart frame rates on the latest games as well as "more cores per dollar than the competition's quad core processors."

Additionally, Customers can configure their AMD Phenom II Hex Core systems with a multitude of motherboards from their favorite manufacturers such as Asus, Gigabyte and MSI.

The Phenom II X6 gaming system series can be easily factory overclocked by CyberPower and customized with a number of hard drive and/or SSD, optical drive, memory, and other peripheral components options at the company website. All systems are pre-loaded with Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Operating System to enhance your gaming and multimedia experience. All CyberPower computer systems come with a 3-year limited warranty and free lifetime phone support.

About CyberPower Inc.

CyberPower Inc. www.cyberpowerpc.com was founded in 1998 and has emerged as one of the leading custom computer system manufacturers. Headquartered in Baldwin Park in Southern California, CyberPower manufactures and distributes a complete line of custom built Gaming Desktops, Gaming notebooks and high performance workstations to meet the unique needs of gamers, businesses, government agencies, educational institutions and other end-users. For more information contact: Sales (800) 707-0393; Email cyberpower@cyberpowerpc.com.

• | Post Points: 155
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,964
Points 25,705
gibbersome replied on Tue, Apr 27 2010 10:58 AM

Seeing the1055T 6-Core for $150, can't beat that value.

While I'm not convinced this chip belongs in a gaming rig, it's a step in the right direction for AMD.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,830
Points 45,790
rapid1 replied on Tue, Apr 27 2010 11:43 AM

I have already received sale emails from 3 places on both the black and the blue edition of these 6 core processors. I find it both amazing as well as appealing that AMD can drop this CPU at this price line compared to Intel's 1000 dollar 6 core. One third of that price is an awesome deal for many I would say, and that is there high end CPU, the secondary is a quarter of the price for 6 seemingly very energy efficient cores.

MB:ASUS Z87C
CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 4770 ***
GPU:Geforce GTX 770 4GB
Mem:***ingston 16384MB RAM
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,715
3vi1 replied on Tue, Apr 27 2010 11:55 AM

That's a beautiful case. I think these things are going to sell *very* well at that price range.

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 318
Points 3,180
la_guy_10 replied on Tue, Apr 27 2010 12:45 PM

This is tempting but what we need is more games to utilize more cores, then we have something.

But for a straight up price performance AMD is the way to go!!!

Not Ranked
Posts 78
Points 675

Good Lord, with all the money people save on this Processor they can buy a bag full of SSD's with money to spare. Keep it up AMD.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 4,830
Points 45,790
rapid1 replied on Tue, Apr 27 2010 11:28 PM

Everyone besides my own comment makes some exceptional points here. Not to say my initial statement is irrelevant as well, but the points everyone else makes are very, very valid.

I am also wondering if this may very well be the next contest PC as CyberPower has been the provider of said systems as has Ibuypower (which is represented in a system with the same case as 3vi1's he just won) in a new AMD 6 core beauty.

This case specifically though is quite a stunner!

MB:ASUS Z87C
CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 4770 ***
GPU:Geforce GTX 770 4GB
Mem:***ingston 16384MB RAM
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 141
Points 1,710

The starting price for a CyberPower AMD Phenom II Hex Core system is $699.

Wow... $700 starting price?  That's very tempting for me to get even though I hope to build my own system.  I'll have to play around with some builds with the new 6-core processor on newegg.  Pleeeeeease Intel, drop your prices :D

Not Ranked
Posts 61
Points 530
Devhux replied on Thu, Apr 29 2010 4:08 AM

I'm considering getting a system powered by one of the new AMD processors. Aside from the Athlon x2 4200+ build I had (which was acquired by trading a laptop with a friend), this would be the first AMD system I've purchased/built outright.

Great prices too!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 25

It seems most of you haven't done your homework yet. If you would have actually spent the time reading reviews on this, you would have realized, that even the X6 1090T does NOT perform as well as even the Core i5-750 Processor. (4 cores @ 2.66ghz.) in most games.

~http://tinyurl.com/2dvkl72~ even the i5-670 beats it in a few games, and thats a dualcore! This chip may seem cheap, but its a ripoff. Save money and get better performance with an intel. These chips are made of crap.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 141
Points 1,710

I actually knew that (and somewhat expected that with it being cheaper) but it's still 2 more cores :P  (and yes, not all software uses more than one core)

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 50
GPc replied on Thu, Jun 23 2011 6:26 PM

$699 will not get you a good gaming computer. you need to spend at least double that if you want to compete with todays games.

www.gamingpc.net - building the ultimate gaming systems for gamers everywhere.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 3,236
Points 37,910
AKwyn replied on Fri, Jun 24 2011 1:08 AM

GPc:

$699 will not get you a good gaming computer. you need to spend at least double that if you want to compete with todays games.

Most people out there are looking for a computer that can run games with decent settings; not the ones that run at the highest possible settings.

With that being said, CyberPower's machines fit that niche and I hope they do well in that market.

"The future starts with you; now start posting more!"

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS