Holy Shnikes... I can see the end of the Pandora tunnel!

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,700
3vi1 Posted: Sun, Apr 25 2010 10:26 AM

They actually received the final boards, LCDs, etc.  and are just waiting on the cases to arrive (stupid volcano).

I may actually be posting from a Pandora this year!  I'll be sure to take some pics or make a vid or something to give you guys the rundown.

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,851
Points 40,550

What exactly am I looking at there?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,700
3vi1 replied on Sun, Apr 25 2010 7:23 PM

mentaldisorder:

What exactly am I looking at there?

The long fabled/vaporware Pandora gaming handheld.

It's basically a gaming handheld with a full keyboard.  The idea is that you can use emulators to run all of your favorite older games from any console or PC platform.  It's a homebrew design, financed by pre-orders, that runs Linux and is completely open.

What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

++++++++++++[>++++>+++++++++>+++>+<<<<-]>+++.>++++++++++.-------------.+++.>---.>--.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

Hey that's pretty awesome. You have been waiting on them for some time. Glad to see them coming soon.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,851
Points 40,550

Wow, that looks pretty snazzy.  They have some nice features going on there.  It also seems that they have a nice following, judging by that forum.  What exactly is the price on one of these things?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 5,053
Points 60,700
3vi1 replied on Mon, Apr 26 2010 1:41 PM

About $330 for the first batch of 4000 pre-orders, if I'm remembering correctly.  I think they're actually going to make 10k of them (I think that's the smallest production run they could order on the boards), so there should be more for sale after they take care of the pre-orders.

Funny/scary story:  When UPS delivered the first 500+ Pandora motherboards to Craigix, he was in the bath.  So, they left a note that they were delivering them to a neighboring business down the road.  They did, *and left the boxes in an empty spot in the business's parking lot with no one to watch them*.  Luckily Craigix got to them before anyone else happened by and realized there was $100+k worth of electronics just sitting in the open.  I can't wait to hear the story of what he must have said to UPS.

There's also a new YouTube vid up:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV_dnjBkImo

And some N64 use of those nubs:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPYDDFwyG0U

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 6,181
Points 90,135

3vi1:
When UPS delivered the first 500+ Pandora motherboards to Craigix, he was in the bath.  So, they left a note that they were delivering them to a neighboring business down the road.  They did, *and left the boxes in an empty spot in the business's parking lot with no one to watch them*.  Luckily Craigix got to them before anyone else happened by and realized there was $100+k worth of electronics just sitting in the open.  I can't wait to hear the story of what he must have said to UPS.

Wow. They won't leave anything on my porch. I have to be there.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 3,761
Points 40,455
Inspector replied on Mon, Apr 26 2010 6:12 PM

I was just sitting here thinking about that and i was laughing thinking he just jumped out of his showers and ran to the door seeing the note which he runs down the road (or drive) to get the package xD. But i still don't get why UPS just left it on a parking lot... why didn't he just leave it on his from steps? its the same if it was just left on a parking lot anyways!

...can you get a hold of what he said to UPS? i would love to read it... xD.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS